Bowl News

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
303aggie
Posts: 21
Joined: February 27th, 2019, 11:51 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Bowl News

Post by 303aggie » November 20th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Talked to an assistant AD who said that during meetings today, they discussed how networks are pushing the get Utah State in a non-Mountain West bowl. When asked why, the answer was to showcase JLove, his progression in the program, and highlight his draft stock as a 1st rounder. I specifically heard Cheez-it bowl, First responder bowl and Red box bowl were discussed possibilities.
These users thanked the author 303aggie for the post (total 10):
USU78aggies22ProvoAggieTurtleHomeTownsneedAggie_in_IdahoutahcountyaggieStanfordAggiedonlarson8



Aggie84025
Posts: 1995
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 607 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie84025 » November 20th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Cool that would be awesome. I'm just thankful we are Bowl eligible and will be excited wherever they land.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9691
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4971 times
Been thanked: 2963 times
Contact:

Re: Bowl News

Post by aggies22 » November 20th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:06 pm
Cool that would be awesome. I'm just thankful we are Bowl eligible and will be excited wherever they land.
I couldn't agree more! Take whatever is offered.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 808
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Sl7vk » November 20th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I would go
1) Tempe
2) SanFran
3) Dallas
In order of preference.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by ThunderAggie » November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm

https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
Aggie in Boise



User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 603
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by ThunderAggie » November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
Aggie in Boise



dogie
Posts: 3073
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by dogie » November 20th, 2019, 8:23 pm

This could be a huge development financially. The Redbox Bowl has a $3.6M payout per team and the Texas Bowl has a $6.3M payout. They would both have good P5 opponents.

In contrast, the Las Vegas Bowl has a $2.7M payout and the Arizona Bowl pays $412K.



slcagg
Posts: 4940
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by slcagg » November 20th, 2019, 8:24 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I’ve heard a lot of great things about the des moines area in general.



slcagg
Posts: 4940
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by slcagg » November 20th, 2019, 8:24 pm

dogie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:23 pm
This could be a huge development financially. The Redbox Bowl has a $3.6M payout per team and the Texas Bowl has a $6.3M payout. They would both have good P5 opponents.

In contrast, the Las Vegas Bowl has a $2.7M payout and the Arizona Bowl pays $412K.
Any bowl in the Dallas area would be great.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
thegreendalegelf



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2782
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 549 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 20th, 2019, 8:31 pm

BRING EM TO TEXAS!!
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
thegreendalegelf


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12717
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 698 times
Contact:

Re: Bowl News

Post by ProvoAggie » November 20th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Interesting news with Jordan's stats this year but if this can get us to a warm weather place then I'm all for it.



ususports
Posts: 1434
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 374 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by ususports » November 20th, 2019, 9:26 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:45 pm
Interesting news with Jordan's stats this year but if this can get us to a warm weather place then I'm all for it.
Jordan's stats only look bad to the layman. People who know the game don't care if a QB has more interceptions than touchdowns. Someday you will understand. ;)
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13flying_scotsman2.0



BeNo
Posts: 741
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by BeNo » November 20th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Kid slings the ball well. Last Saturday a couple were right towards where I sit. Tight spirals. To the right spot. And with zing.

Quite the Art to see live.



User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 603
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 21st, 2019, 6:23 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I know what you mean. I lived in Colorado so I dislike the Buffaloes and now I live in Boise and really dislike BSU. That would be awesome, especially for you, IF we ended up playing ISU and beating them. As an Aggie fan living in Boise the game on Saturday is huge for me. I loved it in 2015 when we blew them out.

I lived in Ankeny last century - 1995. I was there for a mission.


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

Chatman
Posts: 1137
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Chatman » November 21st, 2019, 6:38 am

slcagg wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:24 pm
dogie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:23 pm
This could be a huge development financially. The Redbox Bowl has a $3.6M payout per team and the Texas Bowl has a $6.3M payout. They would both have good P5 opponents.

In contrast, the Las Vegas Bowl has a $2.7M payout and the Arizona Bowl pays $412K.
Any bowl in the Dallas area would be great.
Texas Bowl is in Houston



HomeTown
Posts: 105
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 10:07 am
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by HomeTown » November 21st, 2019, 10:07 am

I think that any game outside of the same ones that are MW options every year would be great and exciting!



cornia27
Posts: 123
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by cornia27 » November 21st, 2019, 10:53 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 6:23 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I know what you mean. I lived in Colorado so I dislike the Buffaloes and now I live in Boise and really dislike BSU. That would be awesome, especially for you, IF we ended up playing ISU and beating them. As an Aggie fan living in Boise the game on Saturday is huge for me. I loved it in 2015 when we blew them out.

I lived in Ankeny last century - 1995. I was there for a mission.
I agree having lived in Boise now for 10 years. I love the city and the area and we just bought a house in Nampa but the BSU fans are ridiculous and getting to be almost as bad as BYU fans



User avatar
usu99
Posts: 633
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:40 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by usu99 » November 21st, 2019, 2:36 pm

I highly doubt this happens.


For all of your IT needs visit http://www.sidelogic.com

User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 603
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 21st, 2019, 2:43 pm

cornia27 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 10:53 am
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 6:23 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I know what you mean. I lived in Colorado so I dislike the Buffaloes and now I live in Boise and really dislike BSU. That would be awesome, especially for you, IF we ended up playing ISU and beating them. As an Aggie fan living in Boise the game on Saturday is huge for me. I loved it in 2015 when we blew them out.

I lived in Ankeny last century - 1995. I was there for a mission.
I agree having lived in Boise now for 10 years. I love the city and the area and we just bought a house in Nampa but the BSU fans are ridiculous and getting to be almost as bad as BYU fans
And given that BYU fans make up the 2nd largest fan base here, it can be rough especially when we lose to both teams in the same season.


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

oleblu111
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 678 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by oleblu111 » November 21st, 2019, 2:51 pm

I doubt that USU gets into a bowl with those kind of payout's because our fan base is small and cheap, $6 million would equal years of football season ticket sales and decades of concession sales.

Do people think that several thousand USU alums would travel to Dallas and spend money there ? I believe our fan base will kill any chance of something like that.



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2331
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 21st, 2019, 2:53 pm

oleblu111 wrote:I doubt that USU gets into a bowl with those kind of payout's because our fan base is small and cheap, $6 million would equal years of football season ticket sales and decades of concession sales.

Do people think that several thousand USU alums would travel to Dallas and spend money there ? I believe our fan base will kill any chance of something like that.
It depends on if they can bring in their own box of Milk Duds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 3):
Sl7vkoleblu111donlarson8


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

Aggie_CEE
Posts: 233
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie_CEE » November 21st, 2019, 3:16 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 2:53 pm
oleblu111 wrote:I doubt that USU gets into a bowl with those kind of payout's because our fan base is small and cheap, $6 million would equal years of football season ticket sales and decades of concession sales.

Do people think that several thousand USU alums would travel to Dallas and spend money there ? I believe our fan base will kill any chance of something like that.
It depends on if they can bring in their own box of Milk Duds.

Exactly. I really don't mind the airfare, but I refuse to go if I cant smuggle any of my kids Halloween candy in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 233
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by Aggie_CEE » November 21st, 2019, 3:17 pm

Exactly. I really don't mind the airfare, but I refuse to go if I cant smuggle any of my kids Halloween candy in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2751
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by GUS » November 21st, 2019, 5:04 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I lived in Des Moines for 3 years. It was the 3 longest years of my life.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by ThunderAggie » November 21st, 2019, 5:30 pm

GUS wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:04 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm
Aggie in Boise wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:50 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 7:21 pm
https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcm ... 1-18-2019/

Kind of similar to this prediction from Brett McMurphy having us play in the Texas bowl vs Iowa State! That would be an awesome game and a chance at a bowl game we would not have very often.
I would love to see us play Iowa State. Have you made the drive to Ames to attend any Iowa State Football games this year? I use to live in Ankeny.
I have not attended any ISU games this year, but have in the past as it is just a quick drive. There are so many ISU fans in the Des Moines area that I have come to dislike the Cyclones and the Hawkeyes and don't really like watching them and usually just cheer for the other team...lol. That is crazy you used to live in Ankeny! Ankeny is growing SO MUCH! When did you live in Ankeny?
I lived in Des Moines for 3 years. It was the 3 longest years of my life.
Let me guess....you were in medical school?



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2751
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: Bowl News

Post by GUS » November 21st, 2019, 11:38 pm

Nope, Law school, I did have people in my building where I lived that went to the DO school.



Locked Previous topicNext topic