Another day another decommit

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 566
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 27th, 2019, 3:53 pm

:thumbsup:



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5842
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 283 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by TheAKAggie » November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm

aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2219
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by kofdog » November 27th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Is all honesty, most of us have been fans since the 90's right....if not longer? How can we forget those years and have arguments about "another bowl year"....Sure we can be better and have been better in the past 10 year but it's just odd to me that we suddenly discount a "normal" winning season.
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post (total 2):
ultramagnusAggiesForever



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8414
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2912 times
Been thanked: 1629 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by aggies22 » November 27th, 2019, 4:23 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7120
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by GeoAg » November 27th, 2019, 4:28 pm

I don't know why any kid decommits. I will say this though...the idea in here that the tone of this board doesn't affect anybody is laughable. It is a fantasy promulgated by those who want to be free from the consequences of the garbage they post.

I am an Aggie through and through, but this board often leaves me embarrassed and disappointed. I don't really enjoy posting here anymore. Now imagine a kid trying to decide who they want to be their Alma mater 30 years from now. I guarantee it makes some think twice.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 7):
osuaggiebrownjeansSl7vkTrueBlueaggieguy13AgsmanAggiesForever


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl
Posts: 2442
Joined: January 8th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm

All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



BeNo
Posts: 659
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BeNo » November 27th, 2019, 4:50 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are guessing why they decommitted or are transferring. If subjectivity is the rule, you and other fans with your pissy attitude are the exact reason Stout and Sessions decommitted.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 614
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by Sl7vk » November 27th, 2019, 6:05 pm

I see these decommits as blessings in disguise.
They were never fully vested and they wouldn’t have been happy here.
Furthermore as they look to upgrade so can we.
We’ve now got a better idea of our area of needs than we did 6 months ago.
Hope it works out for each of these kids, because I’m certainly not worried about us.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 3):
Aggie19vegasaggieAggiesForever



blueaggie
Posts: 885
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by blueaggie » November 27th, 2019, 6:07 pm

BeNo wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:52 pm
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 2:59 pm
SasquatchAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 2:28 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 1:09 pm
The board that has done the most damage is the score board and lack anything substantive or a pulse from this staff.

JFW

Make football fun again


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joke all you want, but some of you need to face the facts that kids do read this board and what you say on here does impact recruits! say what you want but thems the facts!
The facts are these kids committed to a team and program that they thought was gonna win games and be competitive. Obviously that’s no longer the case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? 6 wins with a great possibility of 7 and 8 wins means as a program we lose recruits because we can't win? Last time I checked 7 or 8 wins is more than half the teams in the country have. No program in the country except for a very select few are going win 9 and 10 games year in and year out.
Hey I’m not the players de-committing. Argue with them about it.
What are you arguing with me for? Do you think they de-committed for a different reason? I’m not sure what the debate is here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. Can't go with your purely subjective conjecturing about what others may be thinking. This I propose is an issue you have and unfortunately you project your negativity on our current program. To join you, I would have to think the following, devoid of all objective reasoning:

-Utah State football has never lost a commit. Ever.
-Utah State football has never had a player transfer. Ever
-Utah State football regularly wins on the road against San Diego State and Fresno State.
-Woodward and Fua are easily replaced.
-A freshman dominant OLine is better than a senior dominant OLine
-Repp and Mariner combined are better than Tarver, Raymond, and Greene
-Losing to Wake Forest, LSU, and AF on the road is unaccaptable - for certain last year's team that lost on the road to Michigan State and struggled against Wyo and Colorado State on the road would've won all three.
-We have a legit opportunity to win 8 games. And if not 8 games, even 7 games will be more than we won in:
2017
2016
2015

In fact, 7 or 8 wins will be the second highest win total over the last 5 years. So a glass half full or half empty situation. You see the negative. I see the positive.

Yes y, af, and bsu losses sucked. I have no idea why we went to the 4 man front this year. Also can second guess the decision to stick with the prior year offense that obviously struggled on the road against wyo and csu.

But here we are with opp to get 8 wins. Get some perspective instead of relying on subjective guessing to confirm your negative bias. Tough spot for you.
Amen!



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by WAAggie » November 27th, 2019, 6:10 pm

I’m not savy enough, but it would be interesting to see decommits playing time and success after leaving. In b-ball we have very few other than shoe walker that really made an impact after leaving and that was more of a straight across change, not an “upgrade”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5842
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 283 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by TheAKAggie » November 27th, 2019, 6:12 pm

aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.
You won’t catch me walking to the East side of the stadium is all. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6645
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 869 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by USU78 » November 27th, 2019, 6:31 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:23 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.
Guy's a dillweed, ain't he?


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2284
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by newhouse9 » November 27th, 2019, 6:47 pm

I hate seeing kids decommit, but if they really don't want to be at USU, then they should move on. Any number of factors may contribute to the decision. At the end of the day, it's their individual decisions. We'll all just cheer for the Aggies who are here, and we have great kids here.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 2):
LKGatesvegasaggie



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8414
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2912 times
Been thanked: 1629 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by aggies22 » November 27th, 2019, 6:47 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:12 pm
aggies22 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.
You won’t catch me walking to the East side of the stadium is all. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like the football version of being exiled. Haha!



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8414
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2912 times
Been thanked: 1629 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by aggies22 » November 27th, 2019, 6:48 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:23 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.
Guy's a dillweed, ain't he?
Man! You guys are killing me tonight!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
USU78



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 424 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by dyedblue » November 27th, 2019, 7:02 pm

This board is very tame rarely calls out specific players. Is this board really so negative that it drives recruits off?

I have seen some personal attacks on receipts looks in the basketball board. Maybe I’m naïve, but I just don’t see much here that would drive recruits off. I think there are way bigger issues in play than fans diagnosing football games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
AggieFBObsession


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6645
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 869 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by USU78 » November 27th, 2019, 7:05 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:48 pm
USU78 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:23 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:11 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 3:42 pm
Like I've said I'm not discounting your info or sources. I used to see you at all the spring and fall camps back to the Guy days. I'm just stating that no one is the end all be all.
No worries my Aggie brother! Next time you see me out and about, feel free to come up and say hello!!
Nah.
Oh, c'mon, I'm not too bad a dude.
Guy's a dillweed, ain't he?
Man! You guys are killing me tonight!
😈
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

BeNo
Posts: 659
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BeNo » November 27th, 2019, 7:45 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And now back to facts. You also require me to ignore that Jared Reed is a CB.



User avatar
UtahStizzle
Posts: 4959
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 4:16 am
Location: Northern Utah
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 29 times
Contact:

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by UtahStizzle » November 27th, 2019, 8:07 pm

hvaggie wrote:Well, North Texas just offered him. Hope that's not why we lost him
Why not, it's close to home for him? Nick Session decommitted after getting a bunch of big offers. It's not rocket science.


Twitter: UtahStizzle

Chatman
Posts: 1089
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by Chatman » November 27th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:05 pm
I see these decommits as blessings in disguise.
They were never fully vested and they wouldn’t have been happy here.
Furthermore as they look to upgrade so can we.
We’ve now got a better idea of our area of needs than we did 6 months ago.
Hope it works out for each of these kids, because I’m certainly not worried about us.
This is a great post. My thoughts exactly
These users thanked the author Chatman for the post:
Sl7vk



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 566
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 27th, 2019, 8:40 pm

UtahStizzle wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 8:07 pm
hvaggie wrote:Well, North Texas just offered him. Hope that's not why we lost him
Why not, it's close to home for him? Nick Session decommitted after getting a bunch of big offers. It's not rocket science.
I'm actually surprised we held on to him as long as we have, it's pretty common knowledge that his dad has been shopping him around hard 4 p-5 offers.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 566
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 27th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Chatman wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 8:34 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:05 pm
I see these decommits as blessings in disguise.
They were never fully vested and they wouldn’t have been happy here.
Furthermore as they look to upgrade so can we.
We’ve now got a better idea of our area of needs than we did 6 months ago.
Hope it works out for each of these kids, because I’m certainly not worried about us.
This is a great post. My thoughts exactly
I'm still hopeful that we can land Potts, and I think we have another player that will be a key to the teams success in the future.



BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl
Posts: 2442
Joined: January 8th, 2012, 10:18 pm
Has thanked: 214 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm

BeNo wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are guessing why they decommitted or are transferring. If subjectivity is the rule, you and other fans with your pissy attitude are the exact reason Stout and Sessions decommitted.
Seriously what pissy attitude? Is it that terrible to say I don’t like the product on the field? And I don’t like the changes I’m seeing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 614
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by Sl7vk » November 27th, 2019, 9:22 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm
BeNo wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are guessing why they decommitted or are transferring. If subjectivity is the rule, you and other fans with your pissy attitude are the exact reason Stout and Sessions decommitted.
Seriously what pissy attitude? Is it that terrible to say I don’t like the product on the field? And I don’t like the changes I’m seeing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Now go Sh$! in your hat.



BeNo
Posts: 659
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BeNo » November 27th, 2019, 9:24 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm
BeNo wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are guessing why they decommitted or are transferring. If subjectivity is the rule, you and other fans with your pissy attitude are the exact reason Stout and Sessions decommitted.
Seriously what pissy attitude? Is it that terrible to say I don’t like the product on the field? And I don’t like the changes I’m seeing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I've said as much myself. But in a completely different manner. You don't have to be so negative and subjective about intents. I think it is just as probable that with Jaren Reed receiving a scholarship, Upton Stout was given the option to sign or look elsewhere if he thought it would be too crowded at CB - and not the negative scenario you have postulated.

That said, with perspective I see great hope for the coming years given the EXTREME change in offensive personnel this year and the core of our D being decimated by the middle of the year. Take a deep breath - we can still get an 8 win season.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2582
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 27th, 2019, 10:19 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm
BeNo wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 4:44 pm
All these long stupid posts that aren’t even responding to what I’m actually saying.
These players are de-committing because they’re unhappy with the season, or because they no longer think Utah State is the best place for them.
What about that is incorrect? What about that makes you guys so upset?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are guessing why they decommitted or are transferring. If subjectivity is the rule, you and other fans with your pissy attitude are the exact reason Stout and Sessions decommitted.
Seriously what pissy attitude? Is it that terrible to say I don’t like the product on the field? And I don’t like the changes I’m seeing?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It comes off as projecting emotions on to these kids. They are 17/18 year olds. Expect some volatility in the process.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1774
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 562 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by JSHarvey » November 27th, 2019, 10:25 pm

This year is a success based on win total. (Bowl eligible.)

But any year we get totally blown out by *anyone* other than the money bag game is a downer. Not to say we can't lose other games (we will) but getting blown out is a different story.

Getting blown out by AFA, BYU, and Boise this year (and not even looking like we were ever in the games) makes the year feel like not a success regardless of the reality of (likely) going to a bowl -- that's simply the nature of the beast.

My *guess* is the lost recruits don't think we have quite as bright of a future as they thought we had when they got recruited. That's a line of reasoning that is consistent with what we obverse - some people leaving.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post (total 3):
BleedAggieBlue0BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsession


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

BeNo
Posts: 659
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BeNo » November 27th, 2019, 11:29 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 10:25 pm
This year is a success based on win total. (Bowl eligible.)

But any year we get totally blown out by *anyone* other than the money bag game is a downer. Not to say we can't lose other games (we will) but getting blown out is a different story.

Getting blown out by AFA, BYU, and Boise this year (and not even looking like we were ever in the games) makes the year feel like not a success regardless of the reality of (likely) going to a bowl -- that's simply the nature of the beast.

My *guess* is the lost recruits don't think we have quite as bright of a future as they thought we had when they got recruited. That's a line of reasoning that is consistent with what we obverse - some people leaving.
No need to guess. Read between the lines. Reed gets a scholarship then maybe Stout wants to go somewhere else because there will be a logjam at CB. You all are projecting way too much on your negative bias. But at least you qualify it as a guess. Others just state as fact.



bullshot
Posts: 771
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by bullshot » November 28th, 2019, 1:34 am

“Logjam” at CB? I don’t think so. If anything we have a shortage of good CB’s for next year.
These users thanked the author bullshot for the post (total 3):
BleedAggieBlue0aggies22AggieFBObsession



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2368
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 28th, 2019, 5:02 am

What gets me worried is it sounds like 22 is feeling a little worried?
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 2):
BleedAggieBlue0aggies22


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2005
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 28th, 2019, 10:11 am

WAAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2019, 6:10 pm
I’m not savy enough, but it would be interesting to see de commits playing time and success after leaving. In b-ball we have very few other than shoe walker that really made an impact after leaving and that was more of a straight across change, not an “upgrade”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was a very, very insightful post. I too would love to see what becomes of these de commits and if they resettled with a P5 School, just how their careers played out. VERY WELL DONE WAAGGIE.



User avatar
BioAggie
Posts: 306
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by BioAggie » November 28th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Each athlete has their own motivations. I do not and could not claim to know what each individual’s motivations are. But I propose a list of what might motivate An individual to play for the Aggies or not. (No specific order or preference)
1. Proximity to home
2. Desire to play for “hats in the mall”
3. Desire to play for a specific coach.
4. Desire for playing time
5. College/university experience
6. College/university has the degree the athlete wants
7. Nightlife experience
8. Proximity to nature experience
9. Family ties to college/university
10. Teams style and scheme of play
11. Childhood fan
12. A school offered the individual a scholarship
13. Teams tradition of winning (or not)

Some of these are things the Team can control, some are not.

This list is not comprehensive, however, for me, and I can admit I don’t understand the youth very well, I don’t see the fans reactions on a fan site, as being one of those influencers. Are they reading the site? According to “those in the know” yes. Does that influence their decision to stay or go? I seriously dought it. They are many other things that would rank higher on a potential recruit’s list of motivators. If this fan site decided it for them, then Aggie blood would never run in their veins. TRUE Aggie blood fights through trials and hardships, True Aggie blood stays loyal even when down. True Aggie blood will question the direction and decision making process, but it stays loyal.
I for one don’t care if a kid decommits because of this board, I do care if they decommit because of controllable factors listed above.



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by WAAggie » November 29th, 2019, 9:53 am

Contrast those leaving with those coming in. We usually get more out of transfer in. Read the d-news. Repp is happy to leave the #6 utes. Our list of successful transfers in is pretty long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 966
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by ThunderAggie » November 29th, 2019, 10:15 am

WAAggie wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 9:53 am
Contrast those leaving with those coming in. We usually get more out of transfer in. Read the d-news. Repp is happy to leave the #6 utes. Our list of successful transfers in is pretty long.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mariner has 819 yards with 7 TDs and Repp has 406 yards with 3 TDs. Mariner would never have gotten stats even close to this at Utah as he is 48th in the country in reception yards. Repp is 26th in TE reception yards. Repp would not even be playing TE if he was a Ute. Also, Heninger has 25 tackles, 3 sacks, and 1 FF, which is about double what he got both years at Utah combined. While they would be able to say they are on a top 6 team if they played for Utah and may play a little bit, all of these guys have REALLY HELPED there chances of playing professionally. Mariner is really good and already has over 100 more yards than Tarvers season high and we have 2 games left on the season. He could finish over 1,000 yards receiving. A guy like Mariner has benefited tremenously from switching over to Utah State and could very well be on a NFL team next year.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22Aggie19



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2277
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Another day another decommit

Post by WAAggie » November 29th, 2019, 10:21 am

Repp

“I’d rather be happy and be on a team that has to fight every week instead of being miserable and winning a bunch of games.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic