Which NFL talent would you compare Love to?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain

Which NFL talent would you compare Love to?

Post by Imakeitrain » December 6th, 2019, 1:07 pm

If you were a scout who do you think Jordan Love is comparable to on your report?

I’m thinking Tannehill. Who I think is one of the most- if not the most underrated arm in the NFL. Tannehill makes incredible deep throws. Tannehill is somewhat mobile but does have some similar struggles
Last edited by Imakeitrain on December 7th, 2019, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ThunderAggie

Re: Which NFL talent would you compare Love to?

Post by ThunderAggie » December 6th, 2019, 1:09 pm

I actually do see some Patrick Mahomes in him. Similar height too.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 6th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Warren Moon.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 2:50 pm

His best comp is probably Aaron Rodgers. Incredible arm, mobile enough to extend plays but not fast enough to be a consistent rushing threat, and a bit of a chucker. Rodgers has obviously developed the mental aspects of the game to a point that makes him one of the best ever, but in terms of physical gifts I think they are similar.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Honestly another comp is Jameis Winston, although Love already surpasses him in the common sense department

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 6th, 2019, 2:52 pm

At the beginning of the season I believed in Jordan just as much as anyone. But now not so much. The current offensive scheme ruined him or at least made him look silly.

I'd hate to make a comparison anymore.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 6th, 2019, 3:55 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 2:52 pm
At the beginning of the season I believed in Jordan just as much as anyone. But now not so much. The current offensive scheme ruined him or at least made him look silly.

I'd hate to make a comparison anymore.
I think it's pretty hard to compare Jordan to anyone in some respects. He is his own player. It's unfair to think "he's the next Mahomes, Rogers or Tannehill" however, all I was asking is who does he seem to have some similar skills to. That is independent of the system he is currently in or the current talent around him.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 6th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Last season there were times that I saw a little Touchdown Tom in Love. He would stand in the pocket make good reads and got the ball out quickly on slant passes a lot. This year he is more like Alex Smith with a better arm. Smith ran the read-option in college and has about the same athleticism but Love has a better arm.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 6th, 2019, 4:48 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 4:01 pm
Last season there were times that I saw a little Touchdown Tom in Love. He would stand in the pocket make good reads and got the ball out quickly on slant passes a lot. This year he is more like Alex Smith with a better arm. Smith ran the read-option in college and has about the same athleticism but Love has a better arm.
I'd put him more in the category of a Jeff George or maybe Drew Bledsoe at this point but with much better mobility. Gunslingers with incredible arm talent who made some really bad decisions and reads here and there. However, its really unfair to tell until he's had a chance to be in an NFL system for a couple years. He easily could develop into a Patrick Mahomes type and maybe he already is.

I agree that last year I thought he went through reads better, looked off defenders, made great audible calls, and just seemed more happy and confident. I don't think you can ignore his sophomore year. With the right coach and system I would give him a good chance to be a quality NFL starter by his 3rd year. If he can figure out the reads of a pro system the sky is the limit. Look how Josh Allen seems to be breaking out after all the doubters. And Jordan is more accurate than Allen with a quicker release and better mechanics (most of the time). He doesn't have the same cannon but he's not far off.

Be fun to watch in any event.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 6th, 2019, 5:08 pm

If I were Jordon Love, I would want to only compare myself to Jordon Love. Trying to be like someone else can prove frustrating and counterproductive. In life, which football is a part of, all you can do is know yourself, and keep trying to get better. Always. When you do, you win.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggieusufan1

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » December 6th, 2019, 6:58 pm

I was thinking today that loves junior season in the end could actually benefit him, it’s pretty tough to be a top 10 pick, typically go to the bengals or browns of the nfl which is just a really tough place to be. It could end up kinda like the Arron Rodgers situation (not comparing love and Rodgers talent just their situations) Rodgers fell in the draft and as we all know got to sit behind Brett Farve and inherit a more complete team than your typical 1-3 win team. I think love can succeed, he has all the ability, In my opinion just needs to make better decisions some of the time.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 6th, 2019, 7:05 pm

I could see Jordan landing with the Colts, Charger or the Patriots.

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » December 6th, 2019, 7:19 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:05 pm
Obviously it would be nice being #1 over all and getting all the guaranteed money, but career wise any of those teams would be much better than the bangles, browns, dolphins, or bucks.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 6th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:19 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Obviously it would be nice being #1 over all and getting all the guaranteed money, but career wise any of those teams would be much better than the bangles, browns, dolphins, or bucks.
The “bangles” from the fame of “walk like an Egyptian” the bangles? I didn’t know they had a franchise.

Oh the Bengals?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2019, 8:31 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:13 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:19 pm
aggies22 wrote:
The “bangles” from the fame of “walk like an Egyptian” the bangles? I didn’t know they had a franchise.
He does bear a remarkable resemblance to the skinny chick with big eyes that sang lead.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » December 6th, 2019, 10:24 pm

I would say Joe Flacco. A good bit of athleticism, prone to boneheaded throws on occasion, looks like an elite QB when he has the right personnel around him and a defense to cover some of his mistakes.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Locked Previous topicNext topic