JACK MORMON aka Kent Watson Passed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NavyBlueAggie

JACK MORMON aka Kent Watson Passed

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 30th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Just a heads up that Kent Watson passed on December 27th. I knew he was fighting cancer, just didn't expect events to over take Kent so early on with his fight. I will miss him and certainly his brother John Watson who passed a number of years ago.

GOD speed Kent, rest in peace.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22MetsJetsAggiesnewtonianblue

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: JACK MORMON aka Kent Watson Passed

Post by aggies22 » December 30th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Kent is a hilarious dude and I will miss talking Aggie football and his sense of humor!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 30th, 2019, 11:51 pm

God speed and prayers to his family. I will miss our great encounters in the Sandbox.

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » December 31st, 2019, 12:04 am

Sad, we have lost a few posters from this board over the past few years.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 31st, 2019, 1:24 am

#hornsup!

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 31st, 2019, 7:09 am

Good dude I spent hrs talking Aggie FB with him at spring and fall camps. He was a regular there, 1st guy that I meet there and always enjoyed our conversations. RIP Jack you'll be missed.
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
aggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 31st, 2019, 12:00 pm

That sucks, Kent was a good guy. I remember when he sent me one of his screw the Y shirts for free w/o hesitation. It was always fun to hang out with him and tail gate with at the games. RIP Aggie Bro!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 31st, 2019, 4:11 pm

sucks. :(

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » December 31st, 2019, 11:28 pm

Funeral is Saturday, January 4th at Noon at Allen-Hall Mortuary, 34 East Center Street in Logan.

There will be a visitation Friday night from 6 to 8 pm and again Saturday morning from 10:30 to 11:30 before the funeral.

Following internment, there will be a celebration at the Cache Venue. I'll be there to reminisce and share all your kind thoughts.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 3rd, 2020, 8:40 pm

Didn’t know him personally but we had some private conversations about various topics on this board and I learned at least somewhat how good of a dude he was. Rest In Peace my Aggie Brother.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 3rd, 2020, 8:41 pm

He looks about exactly how I pictured him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » January 4th, 2020, 1:00 pm

It was a nice service, turns out Jack’s online persona was the exact same as his real life; loves his family, Utah State sports, and politics and will debate until Aggie blue in the face anyone who disagreed.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22BearLakeMonsterFloridaAggie13

Hail Aggies!

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » January 5th, 2020, 10:16 am

TheAKAggie wrote:It was a nice service, turns out Jack’s online persona was the exact same as his real life; loves his family, Utah State sports, and politics and will debate until Aggie blue in the face anyone who disagreed.

That’s cool you went AK. My father was a pallbearer. Kent was a great golf buddy and friend.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » January 5th, 2020, 12:29 pm

Was anyone else under the impression that jackmormon was black. I swear I read that somewhere (from him) in the last 15 years or so.

Either way, RIP. Always enjoyed his presence on this and the previous boards. And I still rock my "Screw the Y" shirt from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » January 5th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Empire of Dirt wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 12:29 pm
Was anyone else under the impression that jackmormon was black. I swear I read that somewhere (from him) in the last 15 years or so.

Either way, RIP. Always enjoyed his presence on this and the previous boards. And I still rock my "Screw the Y" shirt from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

GUS

Post by GUS » January 5th, 2020, 9:03 pm

I liked his "there is no righteous like self-righteous" shirts. I was going to get some for some friends a while ago and couldn't find his website any more.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 5th, 2020, 10:01 pm

GUS wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 9:03 pm
I liked his "there is no righteous like self-righteous" shirts. I was going to get some for some friends a while ago and couldn't find his website any more.
He took the website down a while ago but apparently there is still a large inventory of shirts. I met a couple of his family members this morning at the SpringHill. I'm not sure what they'll do with his remaining inventory.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 5th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Can we retire all possible variations of the Jackmormon name so that it can't be used in the future? Kent was truly one of a kind.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
brownjeanshipsterdoofus21FloridaAggie13

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » January 13th, 2020, 10:25 am

JM has been a great contributor over the years. He will be missed.

My next petty observation has absolutely nothing to do with JM and everything to do with the Herald Journal. The obituary is literally the most poorly-edited piece I have ever read in a newspaper. The Herald Journal's editing staff seems to lack even the most basic grasp of grammar and punctuation and should be embarrassed.

This particularly collection of "sentences" is particularly awful:

"Kent was the baby of the family to his older sisters Jerrie Lynn Dawson, Janice Hutchison and his brother John Norman Watson. All of whom proceed him in death. Kent is survived by his daughter Sarah Ann Watson, and her Mother Rebecca Watson. His niece's Angela Hutchison and her sons. Tara Lynn Dawson and Tara's daughter. His nephew Bob Hutchison and his daughters, and his brother in law Tom Hutchison. Kent married Rebecca Ann Goodrich in 1992, and from this union came the true love of Kents life, his daughter Sarah Ann Watson. The two truly have a special bond. Kent and Rebecca later divorced, but remained close. Kent married Julie Hill in 2011, they later divorced."

Nearly every editing mistake one could make is on display. :disappointed:

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » January 13th, 2020, 10:53 am

ChicAggie wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 10:25 am

My next petty observation has absolutely nothing to do with JM and everything to do with the Herald Journal. The obituary is literally the most poorly-edited piece I have ever read in a newspaper. The Herald Journal's editing staff seems to lack even the most basic grasp of grammar and punctuation and should be embarrassed.

"Kent was the baby of the family to his older sisters Jerrie Lynn Dawson, Janice Hutchison and his brother John Norman Watson. All of whom proceed him in death. Kent is survived by his daughter Sarah Ann Watson, and her Mother Rebecca Watson. His niece's Angela Hutchison and her sons. Tara Lynn Dawson and Tara's daughter. His nephew Bob Hutchison and his daughters, and his brother in law Tom Hutchison. Kent married Rebecca Ann Goodrich in 1992, and from this union came the true love of Kents life, his daughter Sarah Ann Watson. The two truly have a special bond. Kent and Rebecca later divorced, but remained close. Kent married Julie Hill in 2011, they later divorced."

As much as I'd like to agree with you and place the blame elsewhere, paper doesn't edit the obituaries. They print what the family gives them.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 13th, 2020, 12:19 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 10:53 am
ChicAggie wrote:

As much as I'd like to agree with you and place the blame elsewhere, paper doesn't edit the obituaries. They print what the family gives them.
To be fair, I don't think Kent minds too much

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » January 13th, 2020, 2:14 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 10:53 am
ChicAggie wrote:

Time for ChicAggie to send a harshly worded letter to the Watson family. :joking:
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
ChicAggie

Nobody here knows anything.

Locked Previous topicNext topic