Super Bowl: "The rookie Darwin Thompson, out of Utah State"

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Detroit-Aggie

Super Bowl: "The rookie Darwin Thompson, out of Utah State"

Post by Detroit-Aggie » February 2nd, 2020, 5:43 pm

I may have made a happy squeal when the announcers mentioned Thompson as being from USU, and so early in the game too. Good little blurb for the Aggies and both the program and legacy they've been building the past few years. While I'm not a huge fan of either team, I hope Darwin has a good game.
These users thanked the author Detroit-Aggie for the post:
inigo

hvaggie

Re: Super Bowl: "The rookie Darwin Thompson, out of Utah State"

Post by hvaggie » February 2nd, 2020, 5:45 pm

Too bad he couldn't punch it in from one yard out

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » February 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm

I thought he was in. Would have liked to see a replay.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 2nd, 2020, 9:10 pm

Darwin is officially a better running back than Barry Sanders! Along those same lines, freakboy can be proud of the fact that Chad Henne is now a better quarterback than Dan Marino! LKGates would know a number of Beaver fans who are now proud of Matt Moore as well becoming a better quarterback than Marino!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 9:32 pm

I’m surprised his attempt wasn’t reviewed.

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » February 2nd, 2020, 9:47 pm

Too bad he couldn’t punch it in and then couldn’t catch the pass in the next drive. After that he really didn’t see the field.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » February 2nd, 2020, 9:51 pm

Trust he will benefit from being on a SUPER BOWL Championship team. Tough he didn't get a review on the one yard run,,,showed a lot of trust in Darwin to give him the ball coming in cold especially in that situation.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 7:51 am

Almost every Nfl player would have dropped the pass as he was blasted as soon as his fingers touched the football. The goal line play may have been a touchdown. I think it was but there would have been no evidence to overturn the call.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 3rd, 2020, 9:17 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 7:51 am
Almost every Nfl player would have dropped the pass as he was blasted as soon as his fingers touched the football. The goal line play may have been a touchdown. I think it was but there would have been no evidence to overturn the call.
If that run had been a star running back, I think they would have reviewed it and given the back the benefit of the doubt.

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » February 3rd, 2020, 9:30 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
The ball was already through his fingers when he got hit, but you’re right, most wouldn’t have caught it after the hit.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:17 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
If that run had been a star running back, I think they would have reviewed it and given the back the benefit of the doubt.
OMG they let a T.D. not get counted in the Super Bowl because the R.B. is not a star ? You do know that play will be reviewed, and watched over and over again, if they made a mistake that is not the reason.

Bondar4Aggies

Post by Bondar4Aggies » February 3rd, 2020, 9:55 am

aggies22 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
Unlike college, the booth doesn’t stop game play to review a call in the NFL. Chiefs would have had to challenge the ruling to get a review. If they would’ve called it a TD, it would have automatically been reviewed as all scoring plays are reviewed.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 3rd, 2020, 9:57 am

oleblu111 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am
aggies22 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
OMG they let a T.D. not get counted in the Super Bowl because the R.B. is not a star ? You do know that play will be reviewed, and watched over and over again, if they made a mistake that is not the reason.
With some of the egregious, blatant no-calls that I have seen made. You're damn right I believe that. Remember the no-call a year ago that cost the Saints a Super Bowl berth? Refereeing in general at the professional level is hit and miss at best.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
SaintAggie

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 3rd, 2020, 11:37 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:57 am
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
With some of the egregious, blatant no-calls that I have seen made. You're damn right I believe that. Remember the no-call a year ago that cost the Saints a Super Bowl berth? Refereeing in general at the professional level is hit and miss at best.
Football is full of people that make mistakes, coach's players, ref's and gasp even Fans. I do not see conspiracy at the level others do. Of course I did not think D.T. gained anything on the run.

Refereeing is a difficult job, and of course mistakes are made, it is part of the game. Conspiracy I do not buy that at all.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 3rd, 2020, 11:43 am

aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
Some refs can't even see a 6'5" 275 lb rhino landing on top of a ultra bright white dude with alopecia holding the ball. 3 of them didn't see it.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
SaintAggie

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 3rd, 2020, 12:29 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 11:43 am
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
Some refs can't even see a 6'5" 275 lb rhino landing on top of a ultra bright white dude with alopecia holding the ball. 3 of them didn't see it.
. After further review perhaps they were blinded by this white dudes near transparent color. Blinded by the light as they say.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » February 7th, 2020, 5:08 am

I thought he was in, but with KC being so close and with downs to work with- what was the risk reward of challenging? It was a large enough pile even if he is in, there may not have been enough evidence. They punched it in the very next play. It’s a team game. It would have been cool for us to see DT score, but he’s a super bowl champion.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » February 7th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 5:08 am
I thought he was in, but with KC being so close and with downs to work with- what was the risk reward of challenging? It was a large enough pile even if he is in, there may not have been enough evidence. They punched it in the very next play. It’s a team game. It would have been cool for us to see DT score, but he’s a super bowl champion.
And all it took was one run for him.

Aggies All the Way!

Locked Previous topicNext topic