2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MWCFAN12
Posts: 965
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 194 times

2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 11th, 2020, 11:02 am

I have seen at least 3 MW schools say they are going to cut prices on season ticket renewals. Nevada just annouced they will cut prices on atleast 50% of the seats in Mcckay. I already got my renewal package in the mail. What do you think USU will do with this? I have to think that ( if it happens ) season tickets sales will be down overall for USU. If USU plays the game of get the die hards to pay up front and then lower the price closer to the season I will not be happy. I am all for supporting USU and donating money but when they do that crap it makes me feel cheated.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9308
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2426 times
Been thanked: 763 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by USU78 » April 11th, 2020, 11:06 am

Best practice would be to do no less than grant hardliners like us credits against the 2021 season such that latecomer price ends up being in fact hardliner price for 2020.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
NavyBlueAggie


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1354
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by Sl7vk » April 12th, 2020, 2:15 pm

My questions are,
What happens to my money if they cancel the season?
What happens to my money if it’s a truncated season?
What happens to my money if the games are played in closed stadiums?



oleblu111
Posts: 1824
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 337 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by oleblu111 » April 12th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 2:15 pm
My questions are,
What happens to my money if they cancel the season?
What happens to my money if it’s a truncated season?
What happens to my money if the games are played in closed stadiums?
If season is canceled ticket money will be returned.
If season is truncated tickets for games not played will be returned.
If you can not go money will be refunded.

Revenue from fans buying tickets or concessions at USU is so low that the damage from that will very small around 5% of the overall budget so I would invite everyone to buy tickets, you will not get screwed. If fans want good athletics they should pay their fair share to make it happen instead of spending so much University funds.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3128
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1058 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by Aggie84025 » April 12th, 2020, 5:57 pm

The problem with cutting prices by 50% is it becomes super difficult to get ticket prices where they need to be in the future. You can't just double the prices next year, it would take 3-4 years to get back to where we are today. We already have super cheap tickets. I don't think we need to lower prices, but also don't really know how hard hit financially a lot of ticket holders have been hit with the COVID-19 issue. People have to make decisions for their own specific situations. I renewed my 7 tickets.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1354
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by Sl7vk » April 12th, 2020, 8:59 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 2:15 pm
My questions are,
What happens to my money if they cancel the season?
What happens to my money if it’s a truncated season?
What happens to my money if the games are played in closed stadiums?
If season is canceled ticket money will be returned.
If season is truncated tickets for games not played will be returned.
If you can not go money will be refunded.

Revenue from fans buying tickets or concessions at USU is so low that the damage from that will very small around 5% of the overall budget so I would invite everyone to buy tickets, you will not get screwed. If fans want good athletics they should pay their fair share to make it happen instead of spending so much University funds.
Ok. Good. I’m in.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
deltaaggie
Posts: 83
Joined: July 21st, 2015, 12:59 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by deltaaggie » April 13th, 2020, 6:52 am

Already renewed my 5 tickets. I've had season tickets since we moved back to Utah (initially 3 hours away) and since have moved back to Cache Valley. I will always purchase season tickets. I don't understand how anyone who lives in CV doesnt have season tickets.......they are SUPER cheap.
These users thanked the author deltaaggie for the post (total 3):
sstrasseroleblu111donlarson8



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16087
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1221 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 13th, 2020, 8:16 am

We won't have a season.



ususports
Posts: 1653
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by ususports » April 13th, 2020, 10:00 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 8:16 am
We won't have a season.
That seems like it would feel like, just off the top of my head, a vasectomy without lidocaine.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16087
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1221 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 13th, 2020, 11:17 am

ususports wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 10:00 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 8:16 am
We won't have a season.
That seems like it would feel like, just off the top of my head, a vasectomy without lidocaine.
Image



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2264
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 13th, 2020, 1:05 pm

With my season ticket purchasing I will expect the right things to happen courtesy of Utah State University: 1- A refund if prices are dropped, or 2- an adjustment if the number of home season game are reduced, 3- and a prayer that such events just don't happen.



ususports
Posts: 1653
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by ususports » April 13th, 2020, 1:23 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 1:05 pm
With my season ticket purchasing I will expect the right things to happen courtesy of Utah State University: 1- A refund if prices are dropped, or 2- an adjustment if the number of home season game are reduced, 3- and a prayer that such events just don't happen.
There were many people who fasted and prayed this weekend for a football season to still happen. It was approached by focusing on the health and well being of people to create a perception of humility, but we all know the true intent was to get sports back up and running. :joking:
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
sneed



LKGates
Posts: 3347
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 335 times
Contact:

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by LKGates » April 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Just renewed my season tickets. I've been very fortunate in life, and I know not everyone is in the same position. If the season is canceled, they can keep the money.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 5):
USU78oleblu111aggies22slcagghipsterdoofus21


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

MWCFAN12
Posts: 965
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 14th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 5:57 pm
The problem with cutting prices by 50% is it becomes super difficult to get ticket prices where they need to be in the future. You can't just double the prices next year, it would take 3-4 years to get back to where we are today. We already have super cheap tickets. I don't think we need to lower prices, but also don't really know how hard hit financially a lot of ticket holders have been hit with the COVID-19 issue. People have to make decisions for their own specific situations. I renewed my 7 tickets.
Nevada was cutting prices on 50% of the seats. Not 50% per seat.



oleblu111
Posts: 1824
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 337 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by oleblu111 » April 15th, 2020, 11:54 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 8:16 am
We won't have a season.
There will be a season when it will start is the question, perhaps we will not fans at games but it will start. Lets not talk about lowering prices they are cheap as it is and the amount of money we fans put in is embarrassing.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by NVAggie » April 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm

I will just donate whatever I would be refunded.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1991
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by AggiesForever » April 15th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 5:57 pm
The problem with cutting prices by 50% is it becomes super difficult to get ticket prices where they need to be in the future. You can't just double the prices next year, it would take 3-4 years to get back to where we are today. We already have super cheap tickets. I don't think we need to lower prices, but also don't really know how hard hit financially a lot of ticket holders have been hit with the COVID-19 issue. People have to make decisions for their own specific situations. I renewed my 7 tickets.
I agree with this, except for this-- it all depends on how its marketed. If its marketed as a ONE TIME reduction due to COVID-19, a lot of people who buy cheap tickets could become long-term customers/fans because of that purchase. However if you don't market it that way, then everybody will buy tickets and then be ticked off the next year because they were taken back up to normal levels. If everybody knows going in what the deal is, THE DEAL WORKS. This means that ticket agents in the ticket office have to do something they normally don't do-- actually go out of their way to provide service to their customers and fans of the Aggies. That is where the rubber hits the road.



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1991
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by AggiesForever » April 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm

LKGates wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Just renewed my season tickets. I've been very fortunate in life, and I know not everyone is in the same position. If the season is canceled, they can keep the money.
In my view, that is a TRUE AGGIE , right there!

@OneTrueAggie
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21LKGates



garyismyhomeboy
Posts: 112
Joined: December 17th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by garyismyhomeboy » April 15th, 2020, 5:33 pm

I'll renew.

I was told by multiple on campus that the ticket will be reimbursed but the donation side of it will not be. Looks like tickets for basketball will go up and new department peeps are bumping up pricing on side things like parking and tailgating.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16087
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1221 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 15th, 2020, 6:53 pm

LKGates wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Just renewed my season tickets. I've been very fortunate in life, and I know not everyone is in the same position. If the season is canceled, they can keep the money.
For a man surrounded by A-holes you’ve sure remained a good and decent human being.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
LKGatesdyedbluedonlarson8



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2264
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 15th, 2020, 7:04 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
April 15th, 2020, 11:54 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 8:16 am
We won't have a season.
There will be a season when it will start is the question, perhaps we will not fans at games but it will start. Lets not talk about lowering prices they are cheap as it is and the amount of money we fans put in is embarrassing.
Yes, lets try to keep the pricing where it have been. I've no problem with discounted seats in the extremes of our stadium, but to cut prices this far in advance without more information seems way early. Our stadium line of sight offers so much to the average fan we just shouldn't start prematurely discounting tickets..



oleblu111
Posts: 1824
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 894 times
Been thanked: 337 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by oleblu111 » April 15th, 2020, 7:31 pm

No reason to cut prices in the overall scope of things it does not really matter at USU.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by dyedblue » April 15th, 2020, 9:42 pm

If they cut prices then they should do a two-year promo. Give 50% off one season tickets if you pay for two.

I’m not wealthy but I’m fine buying season tickets and given it as a donation. I’d like to see it go to the student athletes and not to pay overblown coaches’ salaries.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16087
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 621 times
Been thanked: 1221 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 16th, 2020, 2:01 pm

If the universities aren't open for students then there won't be football until February.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2264
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 17th, 2020, 2:11 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 16th, 2020, 2:01 pm
If the universities aren't open for students then there won't be football until February.
THIS,,,,,,,,IN SPADES!!!!!!!!!!!!



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1991
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 232 times

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Renewal price

Post by AggiesForever » April 17th, 2020, 7:36 pm

Well the State of Utah announced today they are pushing to get things going by the first of May, and I would expect the rest of the western states to follow suit. Don't know what will happen in the eastern US, but obviously people are chaffing.
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post:
USU78



Locked Previous topicNext topic