Just play flag football this year

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Just play flag football this year

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 4th, 2020, 11:02 am

With the risk of playing even without fans cause of 100 guys in a locker room, just play 7 on 7 flag football, with the games as scheduled. Have teams field their 7 best players, even if it changes throughout the season as some or all of them are unavailable cause of testing positive or being around someone who does. That way, revenue could still come from advertising and TV contracts and fans would get to watch their school try to win, just by doing something different than normal.

ViAggie

Re: Just play flag football this year

Post by ViAggie » July 4th, 2020, 11:17 am

*Sigh*

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » July 5th, 2020, 7:28 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 11:02 am
With the risk of playing even without fans cause of 100 guys in a locker room, just play 7 on 7 flag football, with the games as scheduled. Have teams field their 7 best players, even if it changes throughout the season as some or all of them are unavailable cause of testing positive or being around someone who does. That way, revenue could still come from advertising and TV contracts and fans would get to watch their school try to win, just by doing something different than normal.
So what happens to the lineman's scholarships and eligibility? Do they just get screwed? Or do they just take turns playing center? As a former lineman I always hated 7v7 periods because we were effectively told to lift because they couldn't find anything better for us to do. So if I saw it going to a 7v7 season I probably wouldn't tune in. I'd just spend the season watching Quenton Nelson highlights

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 5th, 2020, 10:10 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 7:28 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 11:02 am
So what happens to the lineman's scholarships and eligibility? Do they just get screwed? Or do they just take turns playing center? As a former lineman I always hated 7v7 periods because we were effectively told to lift because they couldn't find anything better for us to do. So if I saw it going to a 7v7 season I probably wouldn't tune in. I'd just spend the season watching Quenton Nelson highlights
There could be a rule that 2 of the 7 have to be linemen.

Locked Previous topicNext topic