Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15776
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by QuackAttackAggie » July 18th, 2020, 2:31 pm

He committed to Byu earlier this year but CB seems worried he is changing his mind to follow Shelley to usu.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



slcagg
Posts: 5310
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 884 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by slcagg » July 18th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Well maybe that is the rb.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9841
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by ViAggie » July 18th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Transferpalloza 2020!!

Apparently ybu fans aren't aware yet, but they can smell the smoke, and one guessed... or hoped it wouldn't be the RB... welp to bad


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2799
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 18th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Get your bets in now, boys. If DHC transfers to USU, how long will it take the Zoobs to say he wasn’t going to start at BYU? Over/under set at three minutes.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2020, 3:32 pm

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I am currently trying to confirm the identity of the new addition at RB.



Aggie19
Posts: 676
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 468 times
Been thanked: 326 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Aggie19 » July 18th, 2020, 3:46 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Get your bets in now, boys. If DHC transfers to USU, how long will it take the Zoobs to say he wasn’t going to start at BYU? Over/under set at three minutes.
They're busy discussing how they will beat 'Bama this year and how many of their players would start on the Alabama team and the cougar path to the national championship. So you might want to bump it up to 4 minutes.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
FloridaAggie13


Go Aggies!

slcagg
Posts: 5310
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 884 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by slcagg » July 18th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:46 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Get your bets in now, boys. If DHC transfers to USU, how long will it take the Zoobs to say he wasn’t going to start at BYU? Over/under set at three minutes.
They're busy discussing how they will beat 'Bama this year and how many of their players would start on the Alabama team and the cougar path to the national championship. So you might want to bump it up to 4 minutes.

Lol. Well at least it is a break from how their basketball team is going to be a national title contender this year.



Intermeddler
Posts: 2037
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Intermeddler » July 18th, 2020, 6:36 pm

If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2338
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » July 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Intermeddler wrote:If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?
Yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
Intermeddleraggies22


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

UtesAggs>BYU
Posts: 832
Joined: June 9th, 2013, 10:19 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by UtesAggs>BYU » July 18th, 2020, 8:54 pm

His girlfriend is/was on the Utah St soccer team...
These users thanked the author UtesAggs>BYU for the post:
AggiesForever



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2799
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 563 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 18th, 2020, 8:55 pm

UtesAggs>BYU wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 8:54 pm
His girlfriend is/was on the Utah St soccer team...
So two different girls?


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Intermeddler wrote:If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?
Yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard that but I don't know for certain. It sounds like Johnny 100 has a good idea though.
Last edited by aggies22 on July 19th, 2020, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.



Yossarian
Posts: 3662
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Yossarian » July 18th, 2020, 11:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Intermeddler wrote:If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?
Yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard that but I don't know for certain. It sounds like Johnny 5 has a good idea though.
That's Johnny 100 - don't short change Johnny.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2020, 7:51 am

Yossarian wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 11:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Intermeddler wrote:If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?
Yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard that but I don't know for certain. It sounds like Johnny 5 has a good idea though.
That's Johnny 100 - don't short change Johnny.
I fixed it. Sorry my Aggie brother!



Aggie84025
Posts: 2106
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 667 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Aggie84025 » July 19th, 2020, 8:00 am

If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.



slcagg
Posts: 5310
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 884 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2020, 8:22 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:00 am
If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.
It shouldn’t. Both should get plenty of carries. Honestly if this materializes this is huge for this team as we needed another rb that could compete to start. The two freshman are gonna be good but having warren and DHC this year plus one of the freshman will be huge. This helps protects against injuries as well.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2020, 8:22 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:00 am
If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.
I'm sure this statement is tongue-in-cheek due to the Colombi transfer. However, we all know that RBs are interchangeable and we can have two on the field at the same time. If this move is made, I doubt it affects Jaylen Warren. The staff brought Riley Burt in last year and he hardly saw the field.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
2004AGBLUERUFiOFloridaAggie13



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2338
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » July 19th, 2020, 8:24 am

Aggie84025 wrote:If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.
Certainly you see the difference between RBs and QBs. Right????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
2004AG


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2020, 8:24 am

slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:22 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:00 am
If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.
It shouldn’t. Both should get plenty of carries. Honestly if this materializes this is huge for this team as we needed another rb that could compete to start. The two freshman are gonna be good but having warren and DHC this year plus one of the freshman will be huge. This helps protects against injuries as well.
Agreed. If this is the move, Gentry could play 4 and Noa could play 4 and we score redshirts for both of them.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU78slcagg



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 575
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by JFW_AGGIES » July 19th, 2020, 8:44 am

This is the move :thumbsup:



slcagg
Posts: 5310
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 884 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2020, 8:51 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:44 am
This is the move :thumbsup:
This is huge!



ususports
Posts: 1471
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by ususports » July 19th, 2020, 9:06 am

slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:51 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:44 am
This is the move :thumbsup:
This is huge!
TWSS
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
slcaggUSU78



slcagg
Posts: 5310
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 884 times
Been thanked: 767 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2020, 9:15 am

So does anybody have a scouting report on this guy? How good could he be? Appears to have had injury issues?



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 8114
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by USU78 » July 19th, 2020, 9:20 am



You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie84025
Posts: 2106
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 667 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Aggie84025 » July 19th, 2020, 9:35 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:24 am
Aggie84025 wrote:If DHC does come to USU is thing going affect Warren? Is there a chance he might transfer since he was the projected starter and we would bringing some of DHC's caliber.
Certainly you see the difference between RBs and QBs. Right????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My post was certainlyly a joke. I was just having fun because people were freaking out about competition with Henry. If it is true and we getCole I am super-excited, our backfield will be really really strong.



Intermeddler
Posts: 2037
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Intermeddler » July 19th, 2020, 10:58 am

slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:15 am
So does anybody have a scouting report on this guy? How good could he be? Appears to have had injury issues?
Missed the 2018 season with injury. Hasn’t had a ton of carries but has been productive when he gets a chance (over 7 ypc against Stanford and almost 9 against Colorado).

Not a ton of touches behind Moss but my Ute friends have great things to say about him. They’re more excited for us about DHC than Shelley.



oleblu111
Posts: 1666
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 703 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by oleblu111 » July 19th, 2020, 11:11 am

Intermeddler wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 10:58 am
slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:15 am
So does anybody have a scouting report on this guy? How good could he be? Appears to have had injury issues?
Missed the 2018 season with injury. Hasn’t had a ton of carries but has been productive when he gets a chance (over 7 ypc against Stanford and almost 9 against Colorado).

Not a ton of touches behind Moss but my Ute friends have great things to say about him. They’re more excited for us about DHC than Shelley.
Perhaps it is just me, but the addition of DHC and Shelley has me pumped for this season. Go Aggies



UStateTim
Posts: 194
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by UStateTim » July 19th, 2020, 12:45 pm

He should have transferred here in the first place. Glad he repented and came to the strait and narrow path that is USU



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 8114
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by USU78 » July 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Yossarian wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 11:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:55 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm
Intermeddler wrote:If what I’ve heard is true, I think you can remove the ? from your post

Aggies22, I’ve been told part of it is he has a serious girlfriend at usu. true?
Yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard that but I don't know for certain. It sounds like Johnny 5 has a good idea though.
That's Johnny 100 - don't short change Johnny.
Nobody puts Johnny in a corner.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ususports
Posts: 1471
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by ususports » July 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Is he not officially signed with BYU, or how is he able to get out of his previous commitment with them? Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else.



Aggie84025
Posts: 2106
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 667 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Aggie84025 » July 19th, 2020, 1:44 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 11:11 am
Intermeddler wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 10:58 am
slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:15 am
So does anybody have a scouting report on this guy? How good could he be? Appears to have had injury issues?
Missed the 2018 season with injury. Hasn’t had a ton of carries but has been productive when he gets a chance (over 7 ypc against Stanford and almost 9 against Colorado).

Not a ton of touches behind Moss but my Ute friends have great things to say about him. They’re more excited for us about DHC than Shelley.
Perhaps it is just me, but the addition of DHC and Shelley has me pumped for this season. Go Aggies
I agree. I am excited because I think we will have an identity on offense. It is obviously going to be centered around running the football including using the QB to run a fair amount. Last year it seemed like all we could do was to go fast. If that was not working we did not have much identity. The worst was seeing Love do the fake hand off to a person who was not even there, that play was not faking out anyone. I really like our running backs with DHC included. I think the O-line will take a good step forward. Be interesting to see if Shelley can be a decent thrower.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9841
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by ViAggie » July 19th, 2020, 1:57 pm

ususports wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Is he not officially signed with BYU, or how is he able to get out of his previous commitment with them? Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else.
Probably just a verbal to transfer, likely never signed a LOI, or asked them to release him, which they probably would oblige.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 8114
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1623 times
Been thanked: 473 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by USU78 » July 19th, 2020, 2:03 pm

ViAggie wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 1:57 pm
ususports wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm
Is he not officially signed with BYU, or how is he able to get out of his previous commitment with them? Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else.
Probably just a verbal to transfer, likely never signed a LOI, or asked them to release him, which they probably would oblige.
The bougars? Their kneejerk is to screw USU at all times and in all things.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yossarian
Posts: 3662
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by Yossarian » July 19th, 2020, 3:44 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 11:11 am
Intermeddler wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 10:58 am
slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 9:15 am
So does anybody have a scouting report on this guy? How good could he be? Appears to have had injury issues?
Missed the 2018 season with injury. Hasn’t had a ton of carries but has been productive when he gets a chance (over 7 ypc against Stanford and almost 9 against Colorado).

Not a ton of touches behind Moss but my Ute friends have great things to say about him. They’re more excited for us about DHC than Shelley.
Perhaps it is just me, but the addition of DHC and Shelley has me pumped for this season. Go Aggies
Don’t worry - COVID will cure you of that.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9797
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 5221 times
Been thanked: 3099 times
Contact:

Re: Devonta'e Henry-Cole to usu?

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2020, 4:29 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:51 am
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:44 am
This is the move :thumbsup:
This is huge!
I'm not sure this is a done deal yet.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic