Colombi Starting for Texas Tech

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggiePT

Colombi Starting for Texas Tech

Post by AggiePT » October 14th, 2020, 4:35 pm

per multiple sources. Maybe he made a good decision for himself after all?

slcagg

Re: Colombi Starting for Texas Tech

Post by slcagg » October 14th, 2020, 4:43 pm

AggiePT wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 4:35 pm
I’ll be the first to admit that I did not think he would replace bowman as a starter. Good for him. Glad it is working out for him.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » October 14th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Good for Wells for going with the better guy. I wonder if someone had to come down and force his hand.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 14th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Good for him, but the bigger question is, will T-Tech even win another game this year?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 14th, 2020, 5:32 pm

ViAggie wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Good for him, but the bigger question is, will T-Tech even win another game this year?
Kansas
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
AggiePTsstrasser

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 14th, 2020, 5:39 pm

AggiePT wrote:per multiple sources. Maybe he made a good decision for himself after all?
Starting there or riding the bench here ?

He made the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 3):
aggies22utahcountyaggie3rdGenAggie

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 14th, 2020, 5:45 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 4:43 pm
AggiePT wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 4:35 pm
I’ll be the first to admit that I did not think he would replace bowman as a starter. Good for him. Glad it is working out for him.
Me as well. Colombi has looked excellent so far in Lubbock. Good for him, wish him the best.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 14th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 5:32 pm
ViAggie wrote:
Kansas
Better not be a single score game.

Les Miles has COVID right? Maybe they can get a W there.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
AggiePT

BeNo

Post by BeNo » October 14th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Congrats Henri Colombi! Great news and hope the best for the kid.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 14th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 5:46 pm
October 14th, 2020, 5:32 pm
ViAggie wrote:
Kansas
Better not be a single score game.

Les Miles has COVID right? Maybe they can get a W there.
They play Dec 5th so Les Miles having covid won't be an issue although with how covid has been who knows if the game will end up being delayed at that point. Tech will win that one. Other games, who knows. Hope Columbi does well. I have no ill will towards him. Quarterbacks all across the country transfer out when a coach wants another guy as the starter. It is just how it is now.

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » October 14th, 2020, 8:43 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 4:53 pm
Good for Wells for going with the better guy. I wonder if someone had to come down and force his hand.
Or is Wells actually playing to his bias? :headscratch:
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post:
Jjoey52

stang

Post by stang » October 15th, 2020, 1:43 am

There are a whole lot of people on this board who owe him an apology for making brash judgment about the decision he made without having any actual clue what they were talking about. Maybe in the future when a kid makes a decision about their life we can just respect it without talking about how stupid they are.
These users thanked the author stang for the post (total 2):
sstrasserFloridaAggie13

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 15th, 2020, 7:00 am

I thought transferring to Texas Tech was a bit of a headscratcher, but I am really glad it is working for Henry. He was dealt a really poor hand over the last few months, but has somehow turned it into a starting QB spot at a P5 school. Wish he were still here though!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
JSHarveysstrasser

Full

Post by Full » October 15th, 2020, 8:24 am

I’ll admit I thought it was a mistake for him to transfer to be a walk-on backup that had to overtake the incumbent starter for the last two seasons. I also don’t think there a lot separating Shelley from Colombi. I hope Shelley makes everyone here stop talking about him, leaving discussions about Colombi for Texas Tech fans.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
AggiesForever

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » October 15th, 2020, 1:58 pm

A couple of weeks ago I happened on a TT game in progress and thought, "Colombi is not going to beat out that TT QB!" Then I realized it was Colombi playing!
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post (total 5):
sstrasseraggies22NavyBlueAggieAggiePT3rdGenAggie

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » October 15th, 2020, 3:52 pm

I watched some of his last game, he doesn’t appear to have a real strong arm. TT is not having a good year. I think Wells gets a pass this year due to China virus, but if they have another losing season he could be gone.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 15th, 2020, 4:06 pm

If T T decides to gas Wells for inept on field performance ,,,, what a way to go $$$$$. Matt an family should be set for life.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
AggiesForever

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » October 15th, 2020, 4:56 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 4:06 pm
If T T decides to gas Wells for inept on field performance ,,,, what a way to go $$$$$. Matt an family should be set for life.
The reason I never blamed him for a second. Who cares if he flames out in 2 or 3 years? He made $19 million!

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » October 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm

While I'm very happy for Henry and disappointed we couldn't keep him here, I in no way think he is an improvement to Bowman, other than maybe he finds a way to stay healthy. As a freshman Alan completed 69.4% of his passes while averaging 329 yds/game. The team has only gotten worse since then due to no fault of his own.

I'd expect that Colombi will essentially mirror the stats and certainly the win/loss results of Bowman, but either Alan is hurt or Wells is truly grasping at straws to save himself once again.
These users thanked the author CanuckAggie for the post:
oleblu111

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 15th, 2020, 5:58 pm

CanuckAggie wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm
While I'm very happy for Henry and disappointed we couldn't keep him here, I in no way think he is an improvement to Bowman, other than maybe he finds a way to stay healthy. As a freshman Alan completed 69.4% of his passes while averaging 329 yds/game. The team has only gotten worse since then due to no fault of his own.

I'd expect that Colombi will essentially mirror the stats and certainly the win/loss results of Bowman, but either Alan is hurt or Wells is truly grasping at straws to save himself once again.
This may have been the case versus a fully healthy Bowman but he looks really bad right now. He's a statue back there and his accuracy is not good. What's worse is Bowman's teammates have zero confidence in him leading them and it shows. The moment that Henry has stepped on the field in back to back games now he has proceeded to immediately do what Bowman had failed to do with the same people around him. The TTU offense looks completely different with Colombi out there. Perhaps it is just a wave of confidence he is riding right now but I suspect it is more a result of a young man who worked his butt off all summer to be the leader of a team and it shows.

Just like Wells held on to Myers as a starter for too long, he should have made this switch much earlier.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 15th, 2020, 6:27 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 7:00 am
I thought transferring to Texas Tech was a bit of a headscratcher, but I am really glad it is working for Henry. He was dealt a really poor hand over the last few months, but has somehow turned it into a starting QB spot at a P5 school. Wish he were still here though!
Yeah good for him. Gary wanted another guy here so he went elsewhere and now is starting in the Big 12. Hope he has success and obviously hope Gary is right and Shelley is great at USU!

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 16th, 2020, 12:40 am

October 15th, 2020, 6:27 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 7:00 am
Yeah good for him. Gary wanted another guy here so he went elsewhere and now is starting in the Big 12. Hope he has success and obviously hope Gary is right and Shelley is great at USU!
I might be wrong, but I think Peasly will win the starting job.

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » October 16th, 2020, 2:38 pm

Aglicious wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 5:58 pm
CanuckAggie wrote:

This may have been the case versus a fully healthy Bowman but he looks really bad right now. He's a statue back there and his accuracy is not good. What's worse is Bowman's teammates have zero confidence in him leading them and it shows. The moment that Henry has stepped on the field in back to back games now he has proceeded to immediately do what Bowman had failed to do with the same people around him. The TTU offense looks completely different with Colombi out there. Perhaps it is just a wave of confidence he is riding right now but I suspect it is more a result of a young man who worked his butt off all summer to be the leader of a team and it shows.

Just like Wells held on to Myers as a starter for too long, he should have made this switch much earlier.
Good for Henry. Hopefully Shelley will play well enough that we aren't kicking ourselves for letting him go.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 16th, 2020, 2:44 pm

CanuckAggie wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 2:38 pm
Aglicious wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 5:58 pm
CanuckAggie wrote:

Good for Henry. Hopefully Shelley will play well enough that we aren't kicking ourselves for letting him go.
Yeah I hope for the best for both guys. Nothing would make me happier than Colombi doing great at Tech and USU going undefeated this year with Shelley behind center.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
brownjeansAggiePT3rdGenAggie

astroman31
Has thanked: 0

Post by astroman31 » October 16th, 2020, 10:14 pm

Saw the last part of the Iowa State game, where TT was shut down for three quarters. Columbi came in the 4th and moved the offense well. He looked really good and threw some impressive passes. I wish we had been able to keep him but I wish him well.

Locked Previous topicNext topic