Covid impact on USU vs BSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Covid impact on USU vs BSU

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 23rd, 2020, 12:16 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 11:28 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 10:06 pm
There are currently 271 cases amongst students, faculty and staff.
287 as of this morning. These are active cases. 861 total cases at USU
How many hospitalizations? Deaths?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
ratofallaggies3rdGenAggieaggies22

Full

Post by Full » October 23rd, 2020, 12:39 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm
Boise only passed for 178 yards last year. It wasn't the pass the killed us - it was the run (297 yards rushing as a team). Sophomore George Holani ran for 187 yards himself - on just 16 carries. He was getting big chunks of yardage nearly every time he touched the ball. Is he still with them this year? They averaged 6.5 ypc as a team. Air Force was even more dominant - they ran for 448 yards against us last year. I just don't see that our run defense is going to be dramatically better this year over last year. I think good teams are going to continue to run over the Aggies.
The defense was broken after LSU last season. I expect Holani to run, but I expect the defense to allow him less than 11.1 ypc to him (he averaged 5.3 for the season in 192 attempts). The other factor you are dismissing was the offenses first half drives average time of possession was less than 90 seconds. Boise scored 42 points with an average possession time of 163 seconds.

Last season Portland State and New Mexico played better against Boise than USU. I don’t expect USU to be the easiest game on the schedule for Boise again this season.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
Sl7vk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 23rd, 2020, 12:42 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 11:20 am
Ya'll are :crazy:

First game of the year, and some crazy things have happened all over the country. No tape, not knowing what to expect. Our offense slowing down the amount of plays/possesions. 17.5 is easy money betting on USU this weekend. :thanks:
True that we don't fully know what to expect from our team, but Boise State returns Holani who killed us last year. Bachmeier is back with receivers Shakir and Thomas. Their Oline will be inexperienced, but can our defense take advantage of that? I'll have to see it to believe we can slow them down. Definitely hope you are right though.
Last edited by Aggie formerly in Hawaii on October 23rd, 2020, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm

Full wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 12:39 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Boise only passed for 178 yards last year. It wasn't the pass the killed us - it was the run (297 yards rushing as a team). Sophomore George Holani ran for 187 yards himself - on just 16 carries. He was getting big chunks of yardage nearly every time he touched the ball. Is he still with them this year? They averaged 6.5 ypc as a team. Air Force was even more dominant - they ran for 448 yards against us last year. I just don't see that our run defense is going to be dramatically better this year over last year. I think good teams are going to continue to run over the Aggies.
The defense was broken after LSU last season. I expect Holani to run, but I expect the defense to allow him less than 11.1 ypc to him (he averaged 5.3 for the season in 192 attempts). The other factor you are dismissing was the offenses first half drives average time of possession was less than 90 seconds. Boise scored 42 points with an average possession time of 163 seconds.

Last season Portland State and New Mexico played better against Boise than USU. I don’t expect USU to be the easiest game on the schedule for Boise again this season.
USU averaged 90 seconds per possession with an NFL QB, Gerald Bright, and 2 sure-handed receivers in Mariner and Repp. I don't know that Shelley and DHC put us over the hump, offensively. McGriff is intriguing but we really don't know what we have there. The O-line has a few guys from last year (that got steamrolled) and some young, inexperienced guys. The D-line is thin. Our linebackers were slow last year - has that improved?

I don't know. I think that this has the makings for another, typical game in Boise - the Aggies on the wrong end of a butt-kicking.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 23rd, 2020, 1:05 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 12:57 pm
Full wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 12:39 pm
Yossarian wrote:

USU averaged 90 seconds per possession with an NFL QB, Gerald Bright, and 2 sure-handed receivers in Mariner and Repp. I don't know that Shelley and DHC put us over the hump, offensively. McGriff is intriguing but we really don't know what we have there. The O-line has a few guys from last year (that got steamrolled) and some young, inexperienced guys. The D-line is thin. Our linebackers were slow last year - has that improved?

I don't know. I think that this has the makings for another, typical game in Boise - the Aggies on the wrong end of a butt-kicking.
Unfortunately I would agree. I just don't trust our defense to stop them and our offense has question marks and things that likely won't be figured out in game 1. Would love to be wrong though.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 23rd, 2020, 1:18 pm

My fear is that we will take a short handed team (due to COVID) to Boise and get man handled and then Boise finally gets the bug outbreak and ends up short handed when they host BYU ... and gets beat. Then we never hear the end of it from the Y’ners down south.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
CastIronAggie

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 23rd, 2020, 2:00 pm

A COVID depleted K-State went to the kings of the Big-12 to open the season and beat Oklahoma.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
Chod

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 23rd, 2020, 2:14 pm

I am just excited for football. Hope the boys go out and just play with a chip on their shoulder with nothing to lose. Nobody's giving them a chance anyways so go out and just do the best you can. I just want to see some fight in this team that we didn't see in the big losses last year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
slcaggChodBLUERUFiO

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 23rd, 2020, 2:17 pm

Obviously Boise is favored big but they do have inexperience on the O-line and USU has the advantage of surprise on both sides of the ball. In any event, we get to watch Aggie football even if its probably another smurf turf butt kicking. I do think all of the uncertainty of this year will provide some surprises this weekend. Would be nice to see the Aggies on the winning side of one of those surprises for once.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 3):
slcaggChodBLUERUFiO

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » October 23rd, 2020, 3:16 pm

do we know which players did not get on the bus to Boise? I am excited for this game and to see what we have as a team!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 23rd, 2020, 4:15 pm

pcaggie wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 3:16 pm
do we know which players did not get on the bus to Boise? I am excited for this game and to see what we have as a team!
Well I saw Jaylen Warren, deven thompkins, Jason shelley and Jordan shelley board the bus. So we got those 4 at least.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOaggies22

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » October 23rd, 2020, 4:28 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 4:15 pm
pcaggie wrote:
Well I saw Jaylen Warren, deven thompkins, Jason shelley and Jordan shelley board the bus. So we got those 4 at least.
It's nice to see that you're predicting such a great relationship between Jason and Jordan that Jordan will now be taking on Jason's last name.....

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 4:28 pm
slcagg wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
It's nice to see that you're predicting such a great relationship between Jason and Jordan that Jordan will now be taking on Jason's last name.....
:anonymous: :rock:

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

RabidAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by RabidAggie » October 23rd, 2020, 4:37 pm

I spoke to someone associated with the program last night, and he told me no one in the travel party had tested positive.
These users thanked the author RabidAggie for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOoleblu111slcagg

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » October 23rd, 2020, 5:02 pm

Woo! Back to the optimism thread

:cheers:

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 23rd, 2020, 5:16 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 4:28 pm
slcagg wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
Ha!

pablohoney

Post by pablohoney » October 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm

RabidAggie wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 4:37 pm
I spoke to someone associated with the program last night, and he told me no one in the travel party had tested positive.
But I already bet my kid's Christmas fund on Boise State.
These users thanked the author pablohoney for the post:
aggies22

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 23rd, 2020, 7:45 pm

RabidAggie wrote:
I'm surprised. rAggie has never led us astray.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
YoungBloodAggieMaverickAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 23rd, 2020, 8:30 pm

AgMac wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 7:45 pm
RabidAggie wrote:
I'm surprised. rAggie has never led us astray.
Of course the travel party traveling with the team for sure didn't test positive for covid-19. That does not mean we did not have several positive cases from other players that are not traveling with the team.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » October 23rd, 2020, 8:41 pm

I took it to mean that nobody who was planning to be traveling was positive. But, yeah, your interpretation could 100% be right :-(

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 23rd, 2020, 8:51 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 8:41 pm
I took it to mean that nobody who was planning to be traveling was positive. But, yeah, your interpretation could 100% be right :-(
That would definitely be the best-case and I am hoping that is the case. It's been a long time coming considering we were going to play then they canceled and now we're on the eve of playing again just super excited about it.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 23rd, 2020, 11:01 pm

GeoAg wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 9:36 am
AggiesForever wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 7:58 am
I don't even watch the game when they go to Boise anymore. If we win, I can always watch it on my DVR. But nobody wins in that terrible excuse of a stadium, that has troughs for urinals for cryin out loud. If we win, it will be fun to watch it on DVR.
There are some things I would trade with Boise if we could...football success, fan devotion, a major city all to ourselves, but despite all of their success, I would trade for neither of the two main athletic facilities. The football stadium in particular is an eyesore and puzzling considering their level of success. It is the second worst stadium in which I have ever watched a game (the first is Qualcomm). The best seat for the game is literally in the upper deck, and of course the restrooms, as mentioned above, are a mess and a little too intimate for my preference. And I didn't even get to that turf.

Thanks. I feel better. It doesn't help that they kick up butts up there every other year either :lol:
Boise State fans like our stadium, as the backdrop is nice. And one thing that would back up them NOT JUST liking it cause they always beat us(except 2015) is they would also always beat the Vandals, and they hated their stadium.

The ironic thing is that while some of us hate their stadium(and for reasons other than us always losing there), the one year they had a little reason to hate our stadium(cause they lost) was the year we had the PA announcer they were grateful they don't have.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 24th, 2020, 9:01 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 11:01 pm
GeoAg wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 9:36 am
AggiesForever wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 7:58 am
I don't even watch the game when they go to Boise anymore. If we win, I can always watch it on my DVR. But nobody wins in that terrible excuse of a stadium, that has troughs for urinals for cryin out loud. If we win, it will be fun to watch it on DVR.
There are some things I would trade with Boise if we could...football success, fan devotion, a major city all to ourselves, but despite all of their success, I would trade for neither of the two main athletic facilities. The football stadium in particular is an eyesore and puzzling considering their level of success. It is the second worst stadium in which I have ever watched a game (the first is Qualcomm). The best seat for the game is literally in the upper deck, and of course the restrooms, as mentioned above, are a mess and a little too intimate for my preference. And I didn't even get to that turf.

Thanks. I feel better. It doesn't help that they kick up butts up there every other year either :lol:
Boise State fans like our stadium, as the backdrop is nice. And one thing that would back up them NOT JUST liking it cause they always beat us(except 2015) is they would also always beat the Vandals, and they hated their stadium.

The ironic thing is that while some of us hate their stadium(and for reasons other than us always losing there), the one year they had a little reason to hate our stadium(cause they lost) was the year we had the PA announcer they were grateful they don't have.
That's how you know you've made it, when The University of Idaho is the comparison to make you feel better. 🤣🤣🤣

Go Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 24th, 2020, 9:08 am

pablohoney wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 6:05 pm
RabidAggie wrote:
You better break it to them gently. You can always tell them Santa got the 'rona.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 24th, 2020, 10:23 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 9:08 am
pablohoney wrote:
RabidAggie wrote:
You better break it to them gently. You can always tell them Santa got the 'rona.
Oooo :( he's high risk for sure.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
aggies22

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » October 24th, 2020, 10:36 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 10:23 am
aggies22 wrote:
pablohoney wrote:
RabidAggie wrote:
Stop spreading misinformation. According to Google, Santa is 1,749 years old. How many in this age demographic have even gotten sniffles from COVID?

#leavesantaalone
These users thanked the author ChowderAggie for the post:
aggies22

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 24th, 2020, 11:59 am

ChowderAggie wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 10:36 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pablohoney wrote:
RabidAggie wrote:
Stop spreading misinformation. According to Google, Santa is 1,749 years old. How many in this age demographic have even gotten sniffles from COVID?

#leavesantaalone
Excellent point on age, but what about his obesity and undiagnosed diabetes?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
aggies22ChowderAggie

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » October 24th, 2020, 12:20 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 11:59 am
ChowderAggie wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 10:36 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pablohoney wrote:
RabidAggie wrote:

#leavesantaalone
Excellent point on age, but what about his obesity and undiagnosed diabetes?
With a steady diet of milk and cookies, there’s no way he doesn’t have the diabetes.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 24th, 2020, 3:20 pm

He eats them every year in my house.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 24th, 2020, 3:25 pm

Full wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 11:20 am
Ya'll are :crazy:

First game of the year, and some crazy things have happened all over the country. No tape, not knowing what to expect. Our offense slowing down the amount of plays/possesions. 17.5 is easy money betting on USU this weekend. :thanks:
That doesn’t include the 15-20 mph winds forecasted. I think both teams are set up this year to run first. Of course if they average 6.5 yards a carry again, the game could get out of hand. Last year there was 156 snaps 912 yards of offense. This game should be a low scoring ground game, with half the offensive numbers.
Low scoring game involving our defense? I seriously doubt that. I don’t see any way Boise scores less than 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 24th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Sl7vk wrote:A COVID depleted K-State went to the kings of the Big-12 to open the season and beat Oklahoma.
Yeah but K-State actually has a decent team...

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 24th, 2020, 3:33 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Sl7vk wrote:A COVID depleted K-State went to the kings of the Big-12 to open the season and beat Oklahoma.
Yeah but K-State actually has a decent team...

True they didn’t lose at home vs Arkansas state or anything.

Cmon have some positivity. We haven’t even played a game.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Sl7vk

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » October 24th, 2020, 5:55 pm

So, who is out?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

rAggie

Post by rAggie » October 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm

NVAggie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 3:58 pm