This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Donman

Re: Transfer Portal Explosion tips job to Canales

Post by Donman » November 24th, 2020, 10:07 am

I like Chico. I remember him as the OC at Snow College when I went there. I wanted him when we took Guy. I wanted him over Andersen. That being said, his career projection hasn't been the best since then. I am afraid his ship has passed. He isn't my first choice now.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 24th, 2020, 11:37 am

We are going to "go better" than anyone we have talked about.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOaggies22

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » November 24th, 2020, 12:06 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 11:37 am
I mean, some people have been talking about Chris Petersen, but okay...

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2020, 12:24 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 12:06 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 11:37 am
I mean, some people have been talking about Chris Petersen, but okay...
And I mentioned about four NFL guys.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
LarryTheAggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm

i'm not against the idea of someone on here being high on chico

i'm disinterested in the course of a conversation that slides into "fight me." sort of a fine line between "i'm convinced he'd be a good coach" and "screw you there's no one better and i'll challenge any contrary assertion, no matter the cost", i admit, but the tone of this thread skews toward the latter.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
brownjeans

CrazyAg

Post by CrazyAg » November 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm
i'm not against the idea of someone on here being high on chico

i'm disinterested in the course of a conversation that slides into "fight me." sort of a fine line between "i'm convinced he'd be a good coach" and "screw you there's no one better and i'll challenge any contrary assertion, no matter the cost", i admit, but the tone of this thread skews toward the latter.
Yes convinced he was and is a good coach. Then idea was dismissed with rude and mostly ignorant comments. Fired back with a question of who fits the criteria if he doesn't. Wondered why Aggies would insult the candidate who has a strong resume, and an Aggie no less, with clueless and ignorant shots. Called out the criticisms that were lazy. Never said that anyone else wasn't better. Asked for people to give me a better FBS resume candidate. Got one smart response as to someone with a similar FBS resume who might consider the job, recognized it as such. So your skew was completely off.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 25th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Quite frankly, anyone else mentioned in this thread or the candidates thread would be a better hire over Canales. It is what it is. There is a reason he has never been a head coach and probably never will be. But maybe the 7th time is a charm at USU. Go chico!!!!

USUallyAGGrIvatEd

Post by USUallyAGGrIvatEd » November 25th, 2020, 5:37 pm

coolag wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:21 pm
Quite frankly, anyone else mentioned in this thread or the candidates thread would be a better hire over Canales. It is what it is. There is a reason he has never been a head coach and probably never will be. But maybe the 7th time is a charm at USU. Go chico!!!!
Cool example to prove the point above of a lazy, ignorant and strangely hostile statements, as well as an unnecessary piling on. Nice!

“It is what it is” is a great filler statement when you don’t have any alternative ideas or good arguments.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 25th, 2020, 8:22 pm

FWIW, basically nothing, I am still pulling for Jay Hill.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 25th, 2020, 8:42 pm

CrazyAg wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 4:59 pm
Yes convinced he was and is a good coach. Then idea was dismissed with rude and mostly ignorant comments. Fired back with a question of who fits the criteria if he doesn't. Wondered why Aggies would insult the candidate who has a strong resume, and an Aggie no less, with clueless and ignorant shots. Called out the criticisms that were lazy. Never said that anyone else wasn't better. Asked for people to give me a better FBS resume candidate. Got one smart response as to someone with a similar FBS resume who might consider the job, recognized it as such. So your skew was completely off.
my dude, don't take any of it personally. the posts weren't ignorant, you just thought they were. let people disagree with you, let them be wrong.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
ChowderAggie

coolag

Post by coolag » November 25th, 2020, 10:02 pm

USUallyAGGrIvatEd wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:37 pm
coolag wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 5:21 pm
Cool example to prove the point above of a lazy, ignorant and strangely hostile statements, as well as an unnecessary piling on. Nice!

“It is what it is” is a great filler statement when you don’t have any alternative ideas or good arguments.
Ok smarty why hasn't he been a head coach before and why should he be considered at usu?

Jack123456
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jack123456 » November 26th, 2020, 2:18 pm

CrazyAg wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 4:54 pm
As we can easily assume without a penalty of having to sit for a year, and USU dropping like the Titanic, our transfer portal out of USU will be insane. It has only just begun. We are going to lose multiple players. We might lost 10 or more. We'll need a nationally connected coach who can reload from the portal. Someone who has SEC, ACC, Pac12, and most importantly Texas connections. This tips the scales toward Canales who has recruited the south for decades. He would reload like no one else, because he has national connections like no one else. Word is that his connections would reload USU immediately, and we will get a net win out of this whole deal.
Canales? :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic