Elijah Shelton in the Portal

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggieiester

Re: Elijah Shelton in the Portal

Post by Aggieiester » January 13th, 2021, 3:37 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 2:16 pm
Aggieiester wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:50 am
Sl7vk wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:40 am
I'm sorry that Shelton feels the way he does.

I'm hopeful that the new coaching staff will develop a culture where the athletes want to play for the institution and not individual coaches. Building any culture around individual's is dangerous, not scalable and u
True! The fact that these players don't seem to have a love for Utah St. really bothers me. I understand having a good relationship with a coach but ultimately they should want to play for the pride of the name on their chest and it is a coaching staff's job to instill that. I find it hard to have a team mentality when there is no emphasis on the very institute that each player has committed to play for and represent. In many ways they are playing for the "higher ups" as she put it, they are also playing for the other students and faculty and thousands of alumni that they have never met.

It's increasingly obvious that this program was fundamentally broken under GA 2.0 and the decay only continued under Maile.
There doesn't seem to be much loyalty anywhere, the transfer portal is a free-for-all, coaches and administrators leave as soon as a some money is dangled in front of them yet the fans and boosters are supposed to sit through losing seasons and lousy play and are expected to hang in there and continue to fork over time and money year after year.

Maybe there should be a college football "investor/booster" portal?
I know this was a joke... but we don’t need a portal. We’re all free to cheer for whatever team we want any year we want. You can stop your donations today and donate to any other school tomorrow. Any school will happily except your fandom and money, no scholarship limit for fans, and no NCAA waiting period when you transfer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course it was a joke but it would be hilarious to see one of those boilerplate transfer tweets from a fan.

"I would like to thank <Insert school name here> for the great experience. I went from being an infant child to a grown man while cheering for the <insert school nickname here> . I want to especially thank <insert coach name here> for the one season where he won 10 games before leaving for another school.

I will always treasure my time at <Insert school name here> and always be a part of <insert school nickname here> nation, but it is time for me to move on to my next stage. I have $2,500 of disposable income and I am eligible to transfer immediately.

Please respect my decision."
These users thanked the author Aggieiester for the post (total 2):
AgliciousBLUERUFiO

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 13th, 2021, 4:37 pm

Aggieiester wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
Aggieiester wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:

I'm hopeful that the new coaching staff will develop a culture where the athletes want to play for the institution and not individual coaches. Building any culture around individual's is dangerous, not scalable and u
True! The fact that these players don't seem to have a love for Utah St. really bothers me. I understand having a good relationship with a coach but ultimately they should want to play for the pride of the name on their chest and it is a coaching staff's job to instill that. I find it hard to have a team mentality when there is no emphasis on the very institute that each player has committed to play for and represent. In many ways they are playing for the "higher ups" as she put it, they are also playing for the other students and faculty and thousands of alumni that they have never met.

It's increasingly obvious that this program was fundamentally broken under GA 2.0 and the decay only continued under Maile.
There doesn't seem to be much loyalty anywhere, the transfer portal is a free-for-all, coaches and administrators leave as soon as a some money is dangled in front of them yet the fans and boosters are supposed to sit through losing seasons and lousy play and are expected to hang in there and continue to fork over time and money year after year.

I know this was a joke... but we don’t need a portal. We’re all free to cheer for whatever team we want any year we want. You can stop your donations today and donate to any other school tomorrow. Any school will happily except your fandom and money, no scholarship limit for fans, and no NCAA waiting period when you transfer!

Of course it was a joke but it would be hilarious to see one of those boilerplate transfer tweets from a fan.

"I would like to thank <Insert school name here> for the great experience. I went from being an infant child to a grown man while cheering for the <insert school nickname here> . I want to especially thank <insert coach name here> for the one season where he won 10 games before leaving for another school.

I will always treasure my time at <Insert school name here> and always be a part of <insert school nickname here> nation, but it is time for me to move on to my next stage. I have $2,500 of disposable income and I am eligible to transfer immediately.

Some Cache Valley Mormon Aggies would have to make a transfer statement every time BYU came to town!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 13th, 2021, 5:01 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 4:37 pm
Aggieiester wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
Aggieiester wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:

Some Cache Valley Mormon Aggies would have to make a transfer statement every time BYU came to town!

I do know for a fact that there is one business in Cache Valley whose owner is a BYU fan, but he even pays to advertise on the radio during Aggie games, advertisements you will sometimes even hear him during Aggie games and he is an Aggie fan when we aren't playing BYU.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Shelton was very slow and often times out of position. Bye.

Regulator of Class

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » January 13th, 2021, 7:47 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 9:30 am
And the hits just keep coming.
I don’t think he was very good, maybe he can play at a fcs school? He is slow, takes bad angles, terrible tackler

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 14th, 2021, 7:19 am

Agzrule wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 7:47 pm
aggies22 wrote:
I don’t think he was very good, maybe he can play at a fcs school? He is slow, takes bad angles, terrible tackler
I don't think he should ever be starting but it does hurt our depth.

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » January 14th, 2021, 7:44 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:19 am
Agzrule wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Do we know if the Maile kid is sticking around? I like that kid he plays hard and always seems in a position to make plays

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » January 14th, 2021, 7:45 am

JFWAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:44 am
aggies22 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:19 am
Agzrule wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Do we know if the Maile kid is sticking around? I like that kid he plays hard and always seems in the right position to make plays

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 14th, 2021, 7:56 am

I liked very few of our linebackers this past year or two. I though AJ was by far the bright spot.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » January 14th, 2021, 8:30 am

NVAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:56 am
I liked very few of our linebackers this past year or two. I though AJ was by far the bright spot.
AJ is still around isn't he? Please tell me I didn't miss that he entered the portal.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 14th, 2021, 8:33 am

Slim80 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 8:30 am
NVAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:56 am
AJ is still around isn't he? Please tell me I didn't miss that he entered the portal.
Still here. Hopefully no jinx on this 😁.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 14th, 2021, 9:07 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to send any message about people leaving. Just stating that losing some of our linebackers doesn't hurt my feelings much.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 23rd, 2021, 11:21 am

Utah.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
January 23rd, 2021, 11:21 am
Utah.

As a walk on.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 23rd, 2021, 12:48 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
January 23rd, 2021, 11:21 am
Utah.

As a walk on.
Is that right? I mean, I'd be shocked if Utah offered him a scholarship, but man....
You give up your scholy at USU and the ability to get on the field to go to Utah, pay for your education with no chance of playing?

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 23rd, 2021, 1:34 pm

Maybe there should be a college football "investor/booster" portal?[/quote]

Please respect my decision."[/quote]

And then respect your indecision?

Agreed, but then again I wouldn't ever expect warm to a JUDAS AGGIE in this world or the next.

[/quote]

Locked Previous topicNext topic