Andy Reid

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Andy Reid

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 17th, 2021, 6:02 pm

Around midfield, with 2 minutes left leading by 5, he went for it on fourth down with a backup quarterback and it paid off.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Re: Andy Reid

Post by Aggie84025 » January 17th, 2021, 6:05 pm

I love Andy, he is a great coach. That was a gutsy play call, not to go for it it was 4th and a foot, but to throw it with your back up QB. It was an awesome play call that he ran.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 17th, 2021, 6:16 pm

I love his approach to coaching. I hate that he's a byu guy.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
BLUERUFiO

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » January 17th, 2021, 7:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 6:16 pm
That was almost 40 years ago. He has coached Kevin Curtis, Curtis Marsh, and Darwin Thompson.

Don't care too much where he went to school at decades ago.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22USU78OKAggie

seabass
Has thanked: 0

Post by seabass » January 17th, 2021, 9:21 pm

That was a great call. Especially with Tiny Romo saying “ there’s no way they’re going to run a play- look at their body language- there’s no way they are running the play “.
That was also a call Andy Reid would not have made in Philly- he’s learned from his past conservative tendencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author seabass for the post:
aggies22

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 17th, 2021, 9:28 pm

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 7:43 pm
aggies22 wrote:
That was almost 40 years ago. He has coached Kevin Curtis, Curtis Marsh, and Darwin Thompson.

I don’t care where he went to school either, I love Andy Reid. He is a great guy.

Random story. There is a coworker of mine that on red Fridays(well before covid) would wear a shirt with Andy’s face on it. I have since been on the lookout for one of those for myself.

Go chiefs!
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » January 17th, 2021, 9:47 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 9:28 pm
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

I don’t care where he went to school either, I love Andy Reid. He is a great guy.

Random story. There is a coworker of mine that on red Fridays(well before covid) would wear a shirt with Andy’s face on it. I have since been on the lookout for one of those for myself.

Go chiefs!
Not to mention he has turned down any offer to return to Provo in the post Edwards era. That was always a cougarboard wild dream.

I was quite happy for him when he won a Superbowl last January.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post:
aggies22

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 9:47 pm
slcagg wrote:
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Go chiefs!
Not to mention he has turned down any offer to return to Provo in the post Edwards era. That was always a cougarboard wild dream.

Yep Andy Reid was really pushed hard as a real possibility when they made the coaching change that led to Bronco getting the job. I highly doubt Reid even seriously thought about it for a minute, but many byu fans were convinced he was going to be their coach. I had friends during the 04 season while byu was losing telling me it was ok because Andy Reid was coming. Delusional, but it was how many byu fans were back then.

Reid is a great coach who obviously excelled with McNabb and now Mahomes, but how the guy resurrected Michael Vick's career was truly impressive.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2021, 7:22 am

It's a great play call because they made it. If they hadn't, and they had lost, he would be getting destroyed right now. Coaching is funny that way.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » January 18th, 2021, 7:47 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 7:22 am
It's a great play call because they made it. If they hadn't, and they had lost, he would be getting destroyed right now. Coaching is funny that way.
To quote the great Gary 1.0, "Players make plays." He rolled the dice and won. Impressive with a backup QB.

I am hoping for a repeat title for the Chiefs.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 18th, 2021, 8:53 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
Yep and that is why so many coaches go super conservative at the end of games.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 18th, 2021, 8:55 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
I do think some people still like aggressiveness. Like last year at Fresno, I did like us going for it on 4th and 1 instead of taking the field goal even though we got stopped, though us getting the defensive stop and GW field goal next possession helped. And one year against BYU, I liked us going for it even though we got stopped to try to stretch the lead from 2 to 3 scores.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 18th, 2021, 9:56 am

Go KC! Not a huge fan of the NFL but KC has always been my team

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 18th, 2021, 11:35 am

Hard not to like Andrew Reid

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 18th, 2021, 2:19 pm

ViAggie wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 9:56 am
Go KC! Not a huge fan of the NFL but KC has always been my team
Oh sure, now you say it after they win the Super Bowl and follow that up with a 14-2 season. :joking:

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » January 18th, 2021, 3:22 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Go chiefs!

Yep Andy Reid was really pushed hard as a real possibility when they made the coaching change that led to Bronco getting the job. I highly doubt Reid even seriously thought about it for a minute, but many byu fans were convinced he was going to be their coach. I had friends during the 04 season while byu was losing telling me it was ok because Andy Reid was coming. Delusional, but it was how many byu fans were back then.

Reid is a great coach who obviously excelled with McNabb and now Mahomes, but how the guy resurrected Michael Vick's career was truly impressive.
I forget the even more impressive is the way he resurrected Alex Smith‘s career. He never really caught his stride in San San Francisco but when he got to Kansas City he was a pro bowler.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 18th, 2021, 4:19 pm

TrueBlueFan wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 3:22 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Go chiefs!

I forget the even more impressive is the way he resurrected Alex Smith‘s career. He never really caught his stride in San San Francisco but when he got to Kansas City he was a pro bowler.
True that he was great with Alex Smith as well. Jim Harbaugh did a great job winning with Alex Smith as his QB, but he was never a 20 touchdown a year QB in San Fran like he became under Andy Reid. The fact that Alex Smith threw for over 4000 yards in KC would have seemed like science fiction if you told a 49er fan that when he was there.

Another genius thing about Andy Reid was after seeing a quarterback throw for over 4000 yards and 26 touchdowns to just 5 interceptions, what does he do? He moves on from that quarterback and goes with the young guy. Seems like a no brainer now considering how great Mahomes is, but it was a risk at the time. Reid is a great coach who with Mahomes will likely win a few more super bowls.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 26th, 2021, 11:35 am

Even with the byu connection I'd rather have Andy Reid win a second Super Bowl than Tom Brady win his 7th.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
mcaggie1FloridaAggie13

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 26th, 2021, 12:02 pm

Andy is a good coach, great guy....etc. I believe that.
But being a staunch supporter of the AGGIES, I wished he would let Darwin Thompson play more. I get it that you play your #1 back most or all of the game depending on circumstances. If it is tight game down to the end...no brainer. You play your best players.

But Sunday against Buffalo, the game was pretty much a done deal with a few minutes left. Why play the starter and risk injury? Your backups should have a chance to get some snaps. Thompson did go in at the end when the qb took a knee 3 times to run out the clock. He did play a few weeks ago and scored twice, one a reception, and the other a nice run. He needs more of that.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 12:02 pm
Andy is a good coach, great guy....etc. I believe that.
But being a staunch supporter of the AGGIES, I wished he would let Darwin Thompson play more. I get it that you play your #1 back most or all of the game depending on circumstances. If it is tight game down to the end...no brainer. You play your best players.

But Sunday against Buffalo, the game was pretty much a done deal with a few minutes left. Why play the starter and risk injury? Your backups should have a chance to get some snaps. Thompson did go in at the end when the qb took a knee 3 times to run out the clock. He did play a few weeks ago and scored twice, one a reception, and the other a nice run. He needs more of that.
Hopefully he'll get some good carries in the bowl game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic