Desnews article on Utah FB scheduling

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GA_Aggie

Desnews article on Utah FB scheduling

Post by GA_Aggie » February 12th, 2021, 7:06 pm

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2021/2/1 ... ida-gators

Not one question to him why they won’t play us anymore? So dumb they won’t play us anymore since they’re apparently okay playing Wyoming and SDSU. Wimps...

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Desnews article on Utah FB scheduling

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 12th, 2021, 7:09 pm

Yeah it is super lame. It is even more lame they won't play us in basketball.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
GA_Aggieflying_scotsman2.0sstrasser

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » February 12th, 2021, 9:08 pm

Who is this Utah? I lost interest in them several years ago when they put out a public press release saying they were debating whether to play USU.

I certainly love what has happened to their basketball program...
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 4):
aggies22USU78sstrasserJSHarvey

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » February 13th, 2021, 7:41 am

Runnin Scared.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post (total 2):
USU78flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » February 13th, 2021, 7:50 am

Ute perspective: After bragging about how damned amazing I am, last thing I can afford is a smaller school beating me. Especially one that is really motivated to kick my (I can't express myself without swearing). I have to play some smaller schools for my schedules sake, but I'm not adding an extra layer of risk to it. One rivalry game is hard enough.

So yeah, they're pussies, but they're logical ones.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0JSHarvey

Go Aggies!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 13th, 2021, 9:02 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
February 12th, 2021, 7:09 pm
Yeah it is super lame. It is even more lame they won't play us in basketball.
No excuse for basketball
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » February 13th, 2021, 9:11 am

The ironic thing is when they were in the MW and nobody would play them, they cried and whined about more than anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » February 13th, 2021, 9:35 am

Aggie19 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 7:50 am
Ute perspective: After bragging about how damned amazing I am, last thing I can afford is a smaller school beating me. Especially one that is really motivated to kick my (I can't express myself without swearing). I have to play some smaller schools for my schedules sake, but I'm not adding an extra layer of risk to it. One rivalry game is hard enough.

Their new PA announcer for football is a personal friend of mine, so I won't go off too much. They only have a few OOC games also, and I really don't know how wise it is to play both BYU, Utah, and money game in the same season.

Basketball is a different story. I laugh, literally, about how much they are paying Larry Crisco to lose games. The man is as big of a pain a Majerus was, he just doesn't get them to the dance anymore. When he compared themselves to Kansas and us to Wichita State, he showed how much he thinks of himself.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 3):
BustaMcNuttoleblu111thegreendalegelf

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » February 13th, 2021, 10:02 am

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

Their new PA announcer for football is a personal friend of mine, so I won't go off too much. They only have a few OOC games also, and I really don't know how wise it is to play both BYU, Utah, and money game in the same season.

Basketball is a different story. I laugh, literally, about how much they are paying Larry Crisco to lose games. The man is as big of a pain a Majerus was, he just doesn't get them to the dance anymore. When he compared themselves to Kansas and us to Wichita State, he showed how much he thinks of himself.
He's awful, but I hope he does just enough that he remains employed.

Don't know if I can thank him enough for what he's done to that program.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
JSHarvey

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 13th, 2021, 10:15 am

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 9:35 am
Aggie19 wrote:

The mountain west has built-in cupcakes, so I’d be happy to play byu, Utah, and money game.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 13th, 2021, 10:35 am

I can see not scheduling the Aggies every year, but 2 times in a 7-8 period seems reasonable for football. You cannot tell me there is more value scheduling home/home with SJSU, Fresno, WYO and Northern Ill versus scheduling one of those with the aggies.

Basketball is a completely different animal. There is no reason we don't play every year or at least 4 out of every 5. Krysto is just scared. It is funny because scheduling games against us will drive more fans to their stadium than Mississippi Valley State that they play every year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
sstrasser

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 13th, 2021, 11:35 am

How many school should we play that have millions more in their budget ? We need to have schedules that can give us success. If we ever get fan support enough to be closer to them then go for it, but at the present time no.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 13th, 2021, 11:55 am

oleblu111 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 11:35 am
How many school should we play that have millions more in their budget ? We need to have schedules that can give us success. If we ever get fan support enough to be closer to them then go for it, but at the present time no.
When we are good, we can compete with Utah just fine. We almost beat them in 2013 and 2015 in Utah. They aren't that great of a program. Other than their 2019 team, they have been beatable most years. I get maybe not playing them every year in football, but they should be a regular opponent at least every few years.

There is zero excuse not to play them in basketball every year. Hopefully with the new AD and their soon to be new coach things will change.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 13th, 2021, 12:28 pm

February 13th, 2021, 11:55 am
oleblu111 wrote:
When we are good, we can compete with Utah just fine. We almost beat them in 2013 and 2015 in Utah. They aren't that great of a program. Other than their 2019 team, they have been beatable most years. I get maybe not playing them every year in football, but they should be a regular opponent at least every few years.

There is zero excuse not to play them in basketball every year. Hopefully with the new AD and their soon to be new coach things will change.
USU has beaten Utah once in the last 15 football games. That would appear to be a built in loss most years. Lets build this program up to where we can be competitive,. They are 15-1with USU and have won 9 in a row with YBU. they are the top dog.

I do believe we could do better in basketball. I would support games with them. However coach Smith has never beaten Utah or BYU. We are 0-4 with those 2 rascals.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
JSHarvey

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » February 13th, 2021, 12:51 pm

YouEssYou wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 7:41 am
Runnin Scared.
In the quiet of a railway station
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
USU78

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 13th, 2021, 1:05 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 12:28 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

USU has beaten Utah once in the last 15 football games. That would appear to be a built in loss most years. Lets build this program up to where we can be competitive,. They are 15-1with USU and have won 9 in a row with YBU. they are the top dog.

I do believe we could do better in basketball. I would support games with them. However coach Smith has never beaten Utah or BYU. We are 0-4 with those 2 rascals.
That doesn't tell the whole story. Yes USU was bad until 2011, since then we have had a pretty solid program. (This past year being the exception.) Since 2011 we have played Utah three times. We beat them in Logan in 2012, lost to them 30-26 in 2013 in a game we probably win without them getting an onside kick, and then lost 24-14 in 2015 in a game we dropped an easy touchdown late.

Sorry they are not far and away better than us the last decade. Certainly not to the point where they can justify never playing us, especially when they regularly play FCS teams.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
newtonianblue

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 13th, 2021, 1:24 pm

February 13th, 2021, 1:05 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

That doesn't tell the whole story. Yes USU was bad until 2011, since then we have had a pretty solid program. (This past year being the exception.) Since 2011 we have played Utah three times. We beat them in Logan in 2012, lost to them 30-26 in 2013 in a game we probably win without them getting an onside kick, and then lost 24-14 in 2015 in a game we dropped an easy touchdown late.

Sorry they are not far and away better than us the last decade. Certainly not to the point where they can justify never playing us, especially when they regularly play FCS teams.
I have looked at the BYU series in which the U has won 9 in a row, so if our program is on the same level as theirs then we would lose most games to them. I believe we are a step below BYU,and several steps below Utah.

We expect our coach to win, when we are below many of the MWC schools in budget, plus a revenue game, then to add another school with much more than what we have. I think it is asking to much of the coach. I do not think it is fair to ask that much of our program.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 13th, 2021, 1:59 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 1:24 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

I have looked at the BYU series in which the U has won 9 in a row, so if our program is on the same level as theirs then we would lose most games to them. I believe we are a step below BYU,and several steps below Utah.

We expect our coach to win, when we are below many of the MWC schools in budget, plus a revenue game, then to add another school with much more than what we have. I think it is asking to much of the coach. I do not think it is fair to ask that much of our program.
I didn't say we were on the same level. I said we are and can be competitive against them which is true and what we saw when we played them the last decade. We were 1-2 and our 2 losses were competitive close games on the road. We don't need to be on the same level to play them regularly. Utah was18-2 against us from 1989-2009, yet we played them every year with little debate. You don't just quit playing a team because they are a little better than you.

As for basketball, Craig Smith is not 0-4 against Utah and byu. He is 0-2. He hasn't coached against Utah and didn't coach against byu this year. Had he coached against Utah, he'd probably be 3-0 or at least 2-1. We have been a better basketball program than utah these past 3 years. Even if we weren't there is no excuse not to play them every year. We should always be playing our instate rivals.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » February 13th, 2021, 2:43 pm

I think we can have a great schedule with or without Utah. It'll be fun to go up against Alabama, Oregon, Iowa, Wazzou, and Mississippi State.

I quite frankly dont care about Utah anymore... We haven't played them, they might as well be Westminster at this point.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
JSHarvey

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 13th, 2021, 5:58 pm

February 13th, 2021, 1:59 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

I didn't say we were on the same level. I said we are and can be competitive against them which is true and what we saw when we played them the last decade. We were 1-2 and our 2 losses were competitive close games on the road. We don't need to be on the same level to play them regularly. Utah was18-2 against us from 1989-2009, yet we played them every year with little debate. You don't just quit playing a team because they are a little better than you.

As for basketball, Craig Smith is not 0-4 against Utah and byu. He is 0-2. He hasn't coached against Utah and didn't coach against byu this year. Had he coached against Utah, he'd probably be 3-0 or at least 2-1. We have been a better basketball program than utah these past 3 years. Even if we weren't there is no excuse not to play them every year. We should always be playing our instate rivals.
Let me just say that the Utah team we beat in 2012 if memory serves had a losing record, I can not remember what they did in the other years that were competitive games. My point is that since we joined the MWC we have a tough row to hoe in conference games added to a schedule that has a built in revenue game that we have lost every year. If we did not need to play a revenue game perhaps playing the Utes might be ok. We need to schedule to win. Adding a school that has so much more than what we do is not a good move imho.

We have lost the last 4 basketball games against the U and BYU, I do now remember T.D. was a coach in one of them.

We will just disagree in this.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 13th, 2021, 7:50 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 5:58 pm
February 13th, 2021, 1:59 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

Let me just say that the Utah team we beat in 2012 if memory serves had a losing record, I can not remember what they did in the other years that were competitive games. My point is that since we joined the MWC we have a tough row to hoe in conference games added to a schedule that has a built in revenue game that we have lost every year. If we did not need to play a revenue game perhaps playing the Utes might be ok. We need to schedule to win. Adding a school that has so much more than what we do is not a good move imho.

We have lost the last 4 basketball games against the U and BYU, I do now remember T.D. was a coach in one of them.

We will just disagree in this.
Yeah I understand not playing every year in football, but they should be a regular opponent. The last full season we played at Wake Forest at LSU and byu. We are not really scheduling a ton of cupcakes anyway. The idea they are "far above us" is a silly excuse not to play them. Even in 2015 when they were a 10 win team and we had a losing season it was still a good competitive game. You don't duck your rivals, you man up and beat them.

As for basketball, yeah we lost to Utah the last time under Duryea, but have only played them once since 2011. We regularly beat them when we played them. Stew literally never lost to Utah in the Spectrum. They are not above us at all in basketball. Even if they weren't an inferior program in basketball, we should always play our rivals.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » February 13th, 2021, 8:20 pm

Personally, I have no interest in playing BYU and Utah every year in football so I am fine with that not happening. And for whatever reason we seemed to be wed to BYU. I would like to see us rotate years with each of them but that is not going to happen. As for basketball, I think we should play them every year. However, Utah has nothing to gain by playing us so I get why they dont do it.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 13th, 2021, 8:35 pm

gomretat wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 8:20 pm
Personally, I have no interest in playing BYU and Utah every year in football so I am fine with that not happening. And for whatever reason we seemed to be wed to BYU. I would like to see us rotate years with each of them but that is not going to happen. As for basketball, I think we should play them every year. However, Utah has nothing to gain by playing us so I get why they dont do it.
For whatever reason? Lol, they are a major rival so it is of course natural we play them every year. It would be pretty lame and weird if we didn't play them every year. I get the logistics are different with Utah, but we should regularly play them. You aren't getting sold out standing room only games for other nonconference teams like you do for your major rivals.

And disagree completely about basketball. Besides it obviously being an instate rivalry game that fills the arena (something the Utes struggle to do with their mostly soft ooc schedule) USU is on pace to be a tournament team for the 3rd straight year. You do have a lot to gain by beating top 50 teams and top 75 teams on the road.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 14th, 2021, 9:56 am

February 13th, 2021, 8:35 pm
gomretat wrote:
For whatever reason? Lol, they are a major rival so it is of course natural we play them every year. It would be pretty lame and weird if we didn't play them every year. I get the logistics are different with Utah, but we should regularly play them. You aren't getting sold out standing room only games for other nonconference teams like you do for your major rivals.

And disagree completely about basketball. Besides it obviously being an instate rivalry game that fills the arena (something the Utes struggle to do with their mostly soft ooc schedule) USU is on pace to be a tournament team for the 3rd straight year. You do have a lot to gain by beating top 50 teams and top 75 teams on the road.
They do not look at us as a big rival game unlike USU their fans have gotten excited with their conference games, and have sold out every game for several years in fact with the new stadium expansion they have more folks wanting tickets than they have seats. If we ever get in their ball park as far as ticket sales, revenue etc. and need a much bigger stadium perhaps then we should schedule them.

Basketball would make more sense, however as bad as Larry is now did he not take the Utes to the sweet 16, and they are not strapped for cash like USU is.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 14th, 2021, 10:05 am

oleblu111 wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 9:56 am
gomretat wrote:

They do not look at us as a big rival game unlike USU their fans have gotten excited with their conference games, and have sold out every game for several years in fact with the new stadium expansion they have more folks wanting tickets than they have seats. If we ever get in their ball park as far as ticket sales, revenue etc. and need a much bigger stadium perhaps then we should schedule them.

Basketball would make more sense, however as bad as Larry is now did he not take the Utes to the sweet 16, and they are not strapped for cash like USU is.
Utah fans can say what they want, but I've been to preseason Utah basketball games against their usual garbage ooc opponents. (I used to have season tickets to U of U games just because I lived in SLC and am a basketball fan) and when they played us. It was night and day the passion and excitement in the venue. They can say what the want, but the arena was far more full for USU and the excitement and passion was far bigger for USU than basically every other ooc game.

As for football. You keep bringing up budget as if that matters. We played Utah pretty much every year until 2009 with them having a bigger budget. That is meaningless. You play and beat your rivals in college football, end of story.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 14th, 2021, 10:41 am

February 14th, 2021, 10:05 am
oleblu111 wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Utah fans can say what they want, but I've been to preseason Utah basketball games against their usual garbage ooc opponents. (I used to have season tickets to U of U games just because I lived in SLC and am a basketball fan) and when they played us. It was night and day the passion and excitement in the venue. They can say what the want, but the arena was far more full for USU and the excitement and passion was far bigger for USU than basically every other ooc game.

As for football. You keep bringing up budget as if that matters. We played Utah pretty much every year until 2009 with them having a bigger budget. That is meaningless. You play and beat your rivals in college football, end of story.
Budget is meaningless ? That is a interesting take, perhaps USU should stop spending so much student fees and University money. if you actually believe that than debate over. I can not argue with that logic.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 14th, 2021, 10:56 am

oleblu111 wrote:
February 14th, 2021, 10:41 am
February 14th, 2021, 10:05 am
oleblu111 wrote:
gomretat wrote:

Budget is meaningless ? That is a interesting take, perhaps USU should stop spending so much student fees and University money. if you actually believe that than debate over. I can not argue with that logic.
I never said we shouldn't increase or work to be on par financially with other schools. It just shouldn't dictate our schedule. When was the last time we were even budget wise with Utah? Was it 2015 when we played them competitively in SLC? Was in 2012 when we beat them? Was it 2005? How about 1995? Or 1985? We played them continuously even with them having a bigger budget. If you are going to bring up the Pac 12, that doesn't work since we are much closer to Utah's level in the past 10 years than we were the 10 years previously. If Utah didn't get the onside kick in 2013, they have a losing record against us since they joined the Pac 12. Had we played in the 2014 game instead of them cancelling we would have had a good chance to beat them.

Only on this board do I hear fans wanting to duck their rivals. The majority of USU fans want the game played and the majority of college football fans want to play their rival every year and it is seen rightfully as mockery when a team backs out from playing their rival.

And yeah with your point being we shouldn't play teams because of budget differential, yeah the debate is over. We will just have to strongly disagree and move on. It is a silly argument and the evidence doesn't support your position that they are way above us anyway.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Kraken

gomretat

Post by gomretat » February 15th, 2021, 8:15 am

gomretat wrote:

I still don't want BYU and Utah every year in football but hope we always have one of them. That was my point. I am not arguing that we shouldn't have BYU every year under the current circumstances.

As for basketball, Utah has no problem scheduling as many good basketball games as they want. We are definitely a worthy opponent and I would love to love to play them but they don't need us.. The fact that we would beat them is not good for them from a recruiting standpoint or their inflated view of being a P5. IMO, they have nothing to gain.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » February 15th, 2021, 9:39 am

gomretat wrote:
gomretat wrote:

I still don't want BYU and Utah every year in football but hope we always have one of them. That was my point. I am not arguing that we shouldn't have BYU every year under the current circumstances.

As for basketball, Utah has no problem scheduling as many good basketball games as they want. We are definitely a worthy opponent and I would love to love to play them but they don't need us.. The fact that we would beat them is not good for them from a recruiting standpoint or their inflated view of being a P5. IMO, they have nothing to gain.
Nobody “NEEDS” anybody. We don’t “NEED” to play Utah and we don’t “NEED” to play byu.

The games are fun and should be played semi regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 15th, 2021, 10:05 am

Yep nobody needs to play anybody. Why do we play Weber State every year? Other than maybe the late 90's and early 2000's they have never helped us in the NET/RPI and losing to them certainly doesn't make us look good. Yet we play them because it is an in state rivalry that has gone back generations.

And I'll never understand why people don't want to play teams they don't like. Those are the teams I want to play. It is much more fun to beat teams you despise than teams you don't really care about.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 15th, 2021, 12:25 pm

February 15th, 2021, 10:05 am
Yep nobody needs to play anybody. Why do we play Weber State every year? Other than maybe the late 90's and early 2000's they have never helped us in the NET/RPI and losing to them certainly doesn't make us look good. Yet we play them because it is an in state rivalry that has gone back generations.

And I'll never understand why people don't want to play teams they don't like. Those are the teams I want to play. It is much more fun to beat teams you despise than teams you don't really care about.
My last word on this it does not matter what USU fans think about playing Utah, because Utah will not play USU in Logan. The talk about rival games etc would make more sense on the Ute board.

Weber state is on the schedule at least in part because we have a hell of a time getting decent basketball schools to play in Logan. My big concern about playing Utah is we need to give our football team a schedule that makes 6-8 wins a year
I not sure sure what to make of BYU turning down a chance to play USU in Provo to make up a canceled game it was reported in the Desi News that BYU tried to fine a game but could not, but the herald journal reported that BYU turned down a offer from USU, perhaps that news ought to be made very public.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » February 15th, 2021, 12:38 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 12:25 pm

My last word on this it does not matter what USU fans think about playing Utah, because Utah will not play USU in Logan. The talk about rival games etc would make more sense on the Ute board.

Weber state is on the schedule at least in part because we have a hell of a time getting decent basketball schools to play in Logan. My big concern about playing Utah is we need to give our football team a schedule that makes 6-8 wins a year
I not sure sure what to make of BYU turning down a chance to play USU in Provo to make up a canceled game it was reported in the Desi News that BYU tried to fine a game but could not, but the herald journal reported that BYU turned down a offer from USU, perhaps that news ought to be made very public.
Made public to whom and to what end? Would it just be so Aggies fans can tell their Cougar fans that "BYU was to chicken to play us"? I don't think anyone really cares and the ones that do can't do anything about it. They're not going to shame anyone into playing USU - BYU has a strong enough hold on Utah sports that turning down a game isn't going to affect their brand in the state. Besides, the two teams have already played this year. I think the bigger story is why Wyoming refused to play. What's the story there?

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 15th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Yeah the Wyoming story should be much bigger. Do they have a real reason for not playing? I mean, wtf you can just decide not to play now with no consequence? They should be severely punished by the league unless they provide far more information as to why they aren't playing.

I would have liked to have played byu again or another opponent last week since Wyoming cancelled, but the team that owed us the game is the one we should be most upset about.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 15th, 2021, 4:50 pm

Yossarian wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 12:38 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

Made public to whom and to what end? Would it just be so Aggies fans can tell their Cougar fans that "BYU was to chicken to play us"? I don't think anyone really cares and the ones that do can't do anything about it. They're not going to shame anyone into playing USU - BYU has a strong enough hold on Utah sports that turning down a game isn't going to affect their brand in the state. Besides, the two teams have already played this year. I think the bigger story is why Wyoming refused to play. What's the story there?
Well the story here is fans on this message board have no real input into playing Utah, in football or basketball, or BYU in anything. The only interesting thing to me is the Desi News reported that BYU tried to find a game but could not, that is not true.

You are 100% right when you say that USU and its fans can do nothing to pressure BYU to play us so my opinion that perhaps I would be concerned with overscheduling them means as little as your opinion that aggies fans should care about playing Utah because we can not pressure them to do anything. we have no means to force a game with them.

I thought this thread was about why Utah does not play USU in football or basketball. The Wyoming thing is a different animal.

If BYU gets in a conference it would not surprise me to see them not play us either.

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » February 15th, 2021, 4:58 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 4:50 pm
Yossarian wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 12:38 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

Well the story here is fans on this message board have no real input into playing Utah, in football or basketball, or BYU in anything. The only interesting thing to me is the Desi News reported that BYU tried to find a game but could not, that is not true.

You are 100% right when you say that USU and its fans can do nothing to pressure BYU to play us so my opinion that perhaps I would be concerned with overscheduling them means as little as your opinion that aggies fans should care about playing Utah because we can not pressure them to do anything. we have no means to force a game with them.

I thought this thread was about why Utah does not play USU in football or basketball. The Wyoming thing is a different animal.

If BYU gets in a conference it would not surprise me to see them not play us either.
That would depend on what conference BYU gets into. If they get into a P5 conference like the big 12 then you're probably right, if they get into the Mountain West conference again or American athletic conference then we will probably still play.

Locked Previous topicNext topic