When will WSU tickets go on sale?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BLUERUFiO

When will WSU tickets go on sale?

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 3rd, 2021, 6:52 pm

I want to make a road trip out of the season opener this year.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

FL350Aggie

Re: When will WSU tickets go on sale?

Post by FL350Aggie » April 3rd, 2021, 9:23 pm

I second this!

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » April 4th, 2021, 7:58 am

Will fans be allowed to attend?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 4th, 2021, 8:07 am

GordoAggie wrote:
April 4th, 2021, 7:58 am
Will fans be allowed to attend?
By then we better be!! My wife and I don't have a high school athlete in the fall for the first time in 5 years. It's time for some football road trips dammit!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
thegreendalegelf

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 4th, 2021, 8:08 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 6:52 pm
We've got a room already reserved!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
BLUERUFiO

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » April 4th, 2021, 8:19 am

Same for me with the high school athlete. I'm ready to see a game in every stadium in the MW.
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 4th, 2021, 8:59 am

I am guessing they will allow fans at WSU, but have no clue when they will open it. I am planning to go to glacier national park for a few days prior and then drive over to pullman. Looking forward to it.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 4th, 2021, 9:46 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 6:52 pm
Also, rooms in Pullman can be tough. Start looking in the Lewiston area. Quick.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » April 5th, 2021, 9:53 am

If WSU doesn't allow football fans this fall, they likely have to leave the PAC12. The athletic department debt burgeoned from $65M to over $100M in this COVID year. They can't survive another year of lost ticket revenues, and the faculty senate already sent a strongly worded letter to the Board of Regents about plans to take money from the general funds to prop up athletics.

That being said, I want to plan on some sort of tailgate here. I need to talk with bobwilson to see if he is game also. AFAIK, I think we are the only two board regulars that live here in Pullman.

I would also note that there are a lot of people who rent out their house on AirBNB for home football games and leave town for the weekend. I think it is usually comparable to the hotel prices if you have enough people to split the costs. There is a veritable reverse exodus from the west side to Pullman on each football weekend. We have to be out of most parking lots by 5PM on Friday (even if we have a permit), because they fill them all with RVs.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

papaj

Post by papaj » April 5th, 2021, 10:02 am

jpswensen wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 9:53 am
If WSU doesn't allow football fans this fall, they likely have to leave the PAC12. The athletic department debt burgeoned from $65M to over $100M in this COVID year. They can't survive another year of lost ticket revenues, and the faculty senate already sent a strongly worded letter to the Board of Regents about plans to take money from the general funds to prop up athletics.

That being said, I want to plan on some sort of tailgate here. I need to talk with bobwilson to see if he is game also. AFAIK, I think we are the only two board regulars that live here in Pullman.

I would also note that there are a lot of people who rent out their house on AirBNB for home football games and leave town for the weekend. I think it is usually comparable to the hotel prices if you have enough people to split the costs. There is a veritable reverse exodus from the west side to Pullman on each football weekend. We have to be out of most parking lots by 5PM on Friday (even if we have a permit), because they fill them all with RVs.
I’m in Spokane and am planning on coming down with a small crew.
These users thanked the author papaj for the post (total 2):
jpswensenaggies22

Welcome to Utah State University: A Little Piece of Heaven on the North Side of Hell

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 6th, 2021, 6:40 pm

jpswensen wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 9:53 am

I should get honorary Pullman club membership because I lived there within the last year. Though it always shocked me how many Aggies live in Pullman.

Anyway, I am hoping I can convince my former chair to invite me back that weekend to do a "seminar" or something like that. We have talked about it, we will see if he actually does it.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » April 6th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Pro tip. The courtyard and the residence inn in Pullman are $409 a night that weekend right now but if you have Marriott points a two night stay can be had for 60,000 points total. Bargain.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » April 7th, 2021, 2:44 pm

My company has a project up there, maybe I can finagle them into sending me up there for a site visit.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
aggies22

Hail Aggies!

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » April 14th, 2021, 2:22 pm

Here is the latest information from the WSU web site: I am trying to get first hand information from a friend in the AD.

1. There will be fans but at an unspecified reduced stadium capacity.
2. Season tickets will be sold April 1 - May 15.
3.Select a seat tickets for individual games will be sold closer to the season.
4. Select a seat tickets will be allocated based on the level of giving to WSU athletics.
5. Game time will not be determined until 10 days before - could be anytime from noon to 8:00 PM.

Based on this information, I believe it may not be possible to get individual tickets for the USU game. from WSU. Suggest that the USU ticket office we contacted as a more likely source of tickets. Be sure you understand the cancellation policy of your hotel rooms. I will keep my ear to the ground.

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » April 14th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Just had a call from AD. "we are living from day to day, will not know about the USU game until sometime this summer."

So there you have it.
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post (total 4):
Aggiefan33BLUERUFiONowhereLandAggieaggies22

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » April 15th, 2021, 10:24 am

BobWilson wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 2:35 pm
Just had a call from AD. "we are living from day to day, will not know about the USU game until sometime this summer."

So there you have it.
It doesn't help that we have had an 8x increase in COVID cases on campus and Gov Inslee sent us (as one of three counties in the state) back to WA's Phase 2.

My side projects:

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » April 15th, 2021, 10:46 am

LarryTheAggie wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 6:40 pm
I should get honorary Pullman club membership because I lived there within the last year.
IIRC, I think we met briefly just before you moved.
LarryTheAggie wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 6:40 pm
Though it always shocked me how many Aggies live in Pullman.
There are actually a decent number of connections between WSU and USU. Most of the Aggies that I know here are through the vetmed transfer program where students finish the first two years at USU and the last 2 years at WSU (see https://catalog.usu.edu/preview_program ... urnto=3834).

A second big connection is that the founder of METER Group (used to be Decagon and is one of the larger employers in town) is a USU undergrad, served as a sort of science and business advisor to his brothers who started Campbell Scientific there in Logan, and was a professor at WSU for many years while starting up his own company here.

I also know a handful of WSU professors who were Aggie undergrads, including our own Bob Wilson who was the chair of the Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology from 1976 to 1983, and then the Dean of the College of VetMed from 1983 to 1988. I suspect many of the strong vetmed ties with USU were either created by him or fostered by him.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
ViAggiecrazywookie

My side projects:

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » April 15th, 2021, 10:19 pm

About 20 years ago or longer USU and UI played in Martin Stadium on the WSU campus. We had a USU alumni social in the WSU Alumni house - a superbly renovated beef barn. The USU alumni association gave me a list of over 100 USU grads in the area who were invited. About 70 showed up for the social, representing every college on campus. Less than half stayed for the FB game even though they were given free tickets. We lost the game but USU alums were happy to get together.
These users thanked the author BobWilson for the post (total 2):
USU78BLUERUFiO

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » April 17th, 2021, 2:32 pm

I’m expecting to drive over from WA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic