North Dakota

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

North Dakota

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 13th, 2021, 1:18 pm

It seems like even the least optimistic fans are automatically thinking that North Dakota will be one of our few wins. But we can't just assume they are a win cause they are an FCS team, as not all FCS teams are equal. And Matt Wells used to be able to tell you the exact number of FCS teams that have beaten FBC teams in the past number of years.

The North Dakota we are playing is NOT to be confused with the North Dakota State Bison that have regularly won National Championships and beaten FBS teams, but they are also not Tennessee Tech or 2013 Weber State, and will almost certainly be the toughest FCS foe we have faced since 2015 Southern Utah, if not better than them.

They did finish this year 5-2 with their only losses being to the FCS power NDSU Bison and a FCS quarterfinal loss to James Madison. I looked at their roster and it looked like they had alot of young kids coming back. They did have an offensive lineman transfer to Texas State though. It doesn't look like they have three NFL players on defense that 2015 Southern Utah had, but they do have a running back who was an FCS all-american this spring. It might not say alot for someone to be all-conference in a weak league, but being FCS all-american does say something.

Even as dismal as our 2016 team was, we still didn't have any problems with Weber who by then admittedly wasn't at the top of the Big Sky like they are now, but was improved from their 2013 team. To be exact, that Weber team got blown out in the first round of the FCS playoffs to Chattanooga who lost the next game. As a comparison, 2015 Southern Utah lost by 3 in the first round to Sam Houston State who then won the next two rounds before getting blown out in the semi-finals.

We admittedly would have lost to some FCS teams last year. The big question is how much of our problem last year was effort and attitude from coaching and not thinking there would be a season, and how much of it was talent. There are reports of our speed on defense being better, as well as our fundamentals tackling looking better, but are we really that fast on defense and better at tackling and wrapping up, or are our offensive players just slow and easily coming down.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: North Dakota

Post by aggies22 » May 13th, 2021, 4:35 pm

It's a good thing we have improved by leaps and bounds so we can hand these guys their a$$ in September.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 14th, 2021, 8:51 am

aggies22 wrote:It's a good thing we have improved by leaps and bounds so we can hand these guys their a$$ in September.
Yeah, can’t take that game lightly but with the talent and vibes on the team now there is no reason that game should even be close.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 14th, 2021, 9:01 am

No disrespect to North Dakota they should not be taken lightly and are more than capable of coming in, playing well and beating us. That being said if we are worried about beating North Dakota than we are in for a long season. This is a team we should be beat by 3-4 touchdowns.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » May 14th, 2021, 9:51 am

Name North Dakota’s most proflic NFL player. Hint, we played hockey together growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

AGGIEinIOWA

North Dakota

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 14th, 2021, 10:09 am

TheAKAggie wrote:Name North Dakota’s most proflic NFL player. Hint, we played hockey together growing up.

Chris Kuper! That’d be one scary dude on skates!
Jim Kleinsasser might want a word regarding most prolific NFLer from UND though!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 14th, 2021, 10:30 am

I've been worried about this game since it was announced. That being said, I believe that we will win!
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
brownjeans

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » May 16th, 2021, 5:54 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:Name North Dakota’s most proflic NFL player. Hint, we played hockey together growing up.

Chris Kuper! That’d be one scary dude on skates!
Jim Kleinsasser might want a word regarding most prolific NFLer from UND though!
A prolific fullback is an oxymoron Image

Kuper was a goalie, though he threw the body every chance he got. Kid was a helluva football player as a kid.

Hail Aggies!

MikeyLo

Post by MikeyLo » May 25th, 2021, 8:19 pm

For what it's worth UND has really struggled on the road (even at the FCS level) in recent years. They had a nice team in the Valley this year but I think they really benefitted from being able to play their first 3 games at home this season.

Road Record:
2021 (Spring): 1-2
2019: 1-5
2018: 3-3
2017: 1-5
These users thanked the author MikeyLo for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic