Question for those who watched the spring practices/games

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigBlueBlood

Question for those who watched the spring practices/games

Post by BigBlueBlood » May 17th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Are the tight ends a "once in while" option in Anderson's offense, or an important and regularly used component? I've heard concern that so far the evidence supports the former.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Question for those who watched the spring practices/games

Post by aggies22 » May 17th, 2021, 12:47 pm

BigBlueBlood wrote:
May 17th, 2021, 12:30 pm
Are the tight ends a "once in while" option in Anderson's offense, or an important and regularly used component? I've heard concern that so far the evidence supports the former.
From what I've seen so far, they are on the field often and as far as the passing game goes used sparingly.

El Sapo

Re: Question for those who watched the spring practices/games

Post by El Sapo » May 17th, 2021, 2:01 pm

It's a big plus if you have a guy that can block, move well enough to get open and catch the ball. I some some really disappointing play from our TE's last season. I doubt they can possibly play that bad again........Right? The fix could be something as simple as knowing the play.

I never really understood what scouts were talking about when they said this guy or that guy has loose hips and can turn fluidly....until I saw one of our TE's trying to catch a pass last season. He was running towards the sideline and was physically unable to turn his torso back toward the QB even the slightest amount. He couldn't get his hands in position to catch the ball. One of those things I'd never seen before and it registered because of that. I mean if you wanted to shake hands with this guy it looked like he would have to move his feet and be facing you directly in order to reach out a hand. Totally unable to rotate his body.

Locked Previous topicNext topic