Bulletin Board Material

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 867
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Bulletin Board Material

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 1st, 2021, 9:43 am

A BYU-P blog ranked their games this year and gave some classic uneducated thoughts. The USU section is pure bulletin board material.

"No. 10 Utah State

There could be an argument made to have Utah State ranked higher due to it being an in-state rival. That being said, if BYU doesn’t win this game by 25 points, they can just take the wagon wheel back to Logan.

Utah State is a mess right now. After having some interesting comments made towards the end of the season by campus administrators, this team looks like it is honestly headed towards a 2-10 season. There aren’t very many proven play makers, the coach is new, and honestly there just isn’t a lot of excitement or positive momentum going into this season for the Aggies. It appears as if the Aggies hit their peak in the early to mid 2010’s and have sense returned to being the clear third (fourth?) best team in the state.

With four other “rivalry” feel games on the schedule (Utah, Boise State, Virginia and USC) Utah State almost feels like a BYU vs UVU basketball game."



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 867
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 1st, 2021, 9:51 am

I finished reading through the blog post and my goodness nearly every take is dumb. Boise isn't a threat to them any more. USC is their only real threat next year. By beating Utah, they will start dominating the recruiting in the state. I don't think I know any BYU fans that are as big of homers as the person that wrote this post.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 1614
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 856 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by Sl7vk » June 1st, 2021, 9:53 am

I'd probably be saying the same thing if I didn't follow this program closely.

The talent improvements we've made on both sides of the ball are enormous. I also think the quality of coaching is night and day.

I have a colleague that's a big BYU fan.... Now he doesn't live in Utah County so he isn't rabid. He's going to the game in Logan and I offered up a friendly wager at even odds. He wouldn't take it. He's convinced USU will be favored because of all the talent that BYU has lost this last year.

Kind of interesting.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 8613
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1497 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 1st, 2021, 9:59 am

The funny thing about this isn't that they think USU will stink. While I don't believe we will stink next year, that's not a crazy thing to think due to how awful we were last year. The funny thing is that they believe BYU will be as good next year as they were last year. Frankly, last year they were good, not great (schedule and the weird season lead to a gaudy win-loss total) and they haven't added as much as they've lost from what I can tell.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 14471
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 1379 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by ViAggie » June 1st, 2021, 10:04 am

laughable from the team that couldn't even win the sun belt championship game.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
slcagg


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1630 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by slcagg » June 1st, 2021, 10:08 am

They lose a lot of talent. Cupboards aren’t bare but they are a funny group.

Don’t get them started about current level of their basketball program. Easily a top 15 program in their mind 🙄. You guys remember when pope did a fake championship winning celebration with their student body and then they didn’t even get out of the wcc semi’s that year.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 18500
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 999 times
Been thanked: 1119 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by NVAggie » June 1st, 2021, 10:09 am

The more hubris, the more epic the fall. I wouldn't have a problem with a Titanic-level fall from the BYU athletics department.



UStateTim
Posts: 298
Joined: November 26th, 2013, 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by UStateTim » June 1st, 2021, 10:10 am

It’s funny how one weird year that had them playing an FCS schedule can bring out all this high and mighty BYU fan ignorance again. I guess they’ll just have to be humbled again



YouEssYou
Posts: 1017
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 7:54 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by YouEssYou » June 1st, 2021, 10:12 am

Meh, I hope they overlook us. They should definitely plan on just getting off the bus and waking away with a W.... Don't waste any time game planning for us.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post:
JSHarvey



Aggie84025
Posts: 4057
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1497 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by Aggie84025 » June 1st, 2021, 10:48 am

If a BYU fan is only going off of last year's team then I for sure can see the arrogance of saying they should win by 25+ points. We all know that on paper we have drastically upgraded our roster (coaching staff included). Will that translate to a better product on the field, who know at this point? I seem to believe we will be better. BYU lost a lot of talent from last year. They will be a formidable opponent, but they live in fantasy land.



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1593
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by El Sapo » June 1st, 2021, 10:48 am

Good example that news doesn't travel well between Cache valley and stench land.


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

FL350Aggie
Posts: 300
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by FL350Aggie » June 1st, 2021, 10:54 am

wtf:
YouEssYou wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 10:12 am
Meh, I hope they overlook us. They should definitely plan on just getting off the bus and waking away with a W.... Don't waste any time game planning for us.
“They are excited to play us? That’s cool” -Matt Wells.

My in laws share the same sentiment as the blogger. I just shrugged it off and said their analysis won’t age well. Then I proceeded to show them all the transfers USU has signed and they got a little squirmy.

They talk so much about the “pride cycle” at YBU, and living in Utah County I get to witness it first hand every May-September. All my neighbors, in laws, friends talk about nothing but their delusions of grandeur when it comes to YBU football. Then usually around week 2 or 3 they are knocked down to reality. Then without fail they become cynical, pessimistic, and deflated. Of course they blame everything else but YBU itself, because of course that would the gravest sin. It’s entertaining and sorta sad, and when Utah State wins of course I have to fly my Aggie flag and display my USU garden flags just to help remind them that USU should not be underestimated. I can’t wait until October.

:utah: :state:



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 8527
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 643 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by 2004AG » June 1st, 2021, 11:04 am

No excitement around the program ????

Can’t speak for everybody, but It’s been awhile since I’ve been this excited.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
newtonianblueWinkie



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4480
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by ineptimusprime » June 1st, 2021, 11:57 am

Yeah, there is clearly buzz around the program so he clearly loses all credibility there.

If anything, I would argue there is TOO MUCH unwarranted buzz on this forum for a team that finished 1 and whatever last year. :lol:

I’m on record that I don’t foresee a winning season for us.

I’ll also go on record that I don’t foresee BYU having a very good season either.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 867
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 1st, 2021, 12:08 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 11:57 am
Yeah, there is clearly buzz around the program so he clearly loses all credibility there.

If anything, I would argue there is TOO MUCH unwarranted buzz on this forum for a team that finished 1 and whatever last year. :lol:

I’m on record that I don’t foresee a winning season for us.

I’ll also go on record that I don’t foresee BYU having a very good season either.
I think that level of analysis "too much unwarranted buzz among USU fans" would have been the best analysis in the entire blog post.

I actually agree with you in a way. We are excited for good reasons (transfers, coaches, etc.) but in no way should we be expecting a great season until we see something on the field to prove it. My excitement is primarily that we won't be absolute trash this year or for the next decade or anything.



User avatar
travelingagg
Posts: 1212
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by travelingagg » June 1st, 2021, 12:13 pm

Below is a little grammar and writing help for the assumed BYU grad:

Removals in red
Edits in green
Comments in blue

Overall writer grade: C-


"No. 10 Utah State

There (Lack of clarity. Who could make an argument? BYU fans could make an argument? Someone else?) could be an argument made (Passive voice) could make an argument to have Utah State ranked rank Utah State higher due to it being an in-state rival this being a matchup with an in-state rival. That being said (trite and passive), if If BYU doesn't win this game by 25 points, they Utah State can just take the wagon wheel back to Logan (the writer's placement of this sentence is a bit awkward and doesn't carry the thought of the previous sentence. BYU grad, I recommend dropping this sentence down to your final paragraph as a final statement, then maybe losing the BYU vs. UVU basketball comparison to avoid conjuring up unpleasant memories among your readers regarding the 114-101 UVU basketball win a few years ago).

Utah State is a mess right now. After having some interesting comments made towards toward the end of the season by campus administrators, this team looks like it is honestly (remove honestly. It's colloquial and non-additive) headed towards toward a 2-10 season. There aren't very many proven play makers playmakers, the coach is new, and honestly (remember what I said about the use of honestly? Also, add a comma if you're going to use it.. but don't use it.) there just isn't a lot of much excitement or positive momentum going into this season for the Aggies. It appears as if the Aggies hit their peak in the early to mid 2010's 2010s and have sense since returned to being the clear third (fourth?) best team in the state.

With four other "rivalry" feel games that feel like rivalries on the schedule (Utah, Boise State, Virginia, and USC), Utah State almost feels like a BYU vs. UVU basketball game."
Last edited by travelingagg on June 1st, 2021, 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post (total 4):
USU78BobWilsonAggieBluesWinkie


Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6149
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 639 times
Been thanked: 1386 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 1st, 2021, 12:20 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 9:51 am
I finished reading through the blog post and my goodness nearly every take is dumb. Boise isn't a threat to them any more. USC is their only real threat next year. By beating Utah, they will start dominating the recruiting in the state. I don't think I know any BYU fans that are as big of homers as the person that wrote this post.
Can you provide a link to this blog?



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 867
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 1st, 2021, 12:33 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 12:20 pm
thegreendalegelf wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 9:51 am
I finished reading through the blog post and my goodness nearly every take is dumb. Boise isn't a threat to them any more. USC is their only real threat next year. By beating Utah, they will start dominating the recruiting in the state. I don't think I know any BYU fans that are as big of homers as the person that wrote this post.
Can you provide a link to this blog?
If you want to subject yourself to it go ahead

https://lawlessrepublic.com/2021/06/01/ ... s-in-2021/



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5717
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 691 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 1st, 2021, 1:01 pm

They say that, but then they storm the field when they beat us like in 2011. I've been to countless USU games against both Utah and byu home and away and it is a complete myth (that is often perpetrated by Aggie fans too) that they don't care about their games with us.

We do have a lot to prove though. Obviously we will be a much better team, but fans of opposing teams aren't going to be sophisticated to see that. They just see a team that won 1 game and quit on their season.



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1593
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by El Sapo » June 1st, 2021, 1:12 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 12:08 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 11:57 am
Yeah, there is clearly buzz around the program so he clearly loses all credibility there.

If anything, I would argue there is TOO MUCH unwarranted buzz on this forum for a team that finished 1 and whatever last year. :lol:

I’m on record that I don’t foresee a winning season for us.

I’ll also go on record that I don’t foresee BYU having a very good season either.
I think that level of analysis "too much unwarranted buzz among USU fans" would have been the best analysis in the entire blog post.

I actually agree with you in a way. We are excited for good reasons (transfers, coaches, etc.) but in no way should we be expecting a great season until we see something on the field to prove it. My excitement is primarily that we won't be absolute trash this year or for the next decade or anything.
No doubt the team needs to prove it on the field before we can shake the stain of a 1 win season and whatever else that was that went on before we hired Anderson. Hope this is an indicator of what other programs are thinking about us.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
JSHarvey


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 4480
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 1770 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by ineptimusprime » June 1st, 2021, 1:42 pm

I think people should be happy about the BA hire and the direction things appear to be going — I am encouraged by the current trajectory and think we will be back to where we were in 3 seasons or so. I just don’t think you turn a 1 win team into a 6 win team even with some quality impact transfers in one season (even though I like those guys).

There were SERIOUS talent AND team culture problems last year, and the coaching staff has, on paper, done as good of a job as possible at addressing the talent issues. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the team faces adversity this year.

I am setting my expectations at 4-8. If we are 4-8, we will be “on-schedule” in my mind in terms of the rebuild. That will show a ton of improvement.

I expect that people expecting a 7 or more win season will be as disappointed as I am now in my small dogecoin investment at the beginning of May. :joking:

There was also serious drama last year outside of football. I hope things improve in that regard.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0JSHarvey



User avatar
travelingagg
Posts: 1212
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 10:29 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by travelingagg » June 1st, 2021, 2:03 pm

The Houston Baptist Huskies went from 1-10 to 5-7 from '18 to '19. Maybe we can win 3-5 games.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
AggiePT


Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

DreadPirateRoberts
Posts: 24
Joined: August 4th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by DreadPirateRoberts » June 1st, 2021, 2:26 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 9:43 am
A BYU-P blog ranked their games this year and gave some classic uneducated thoughts. The USU section is pure bulletin board material.

"No. 10 Utah State

There could be an argument made to have Utah State ranked higher due to it being an in-state rival. That being said, if BYU doesn’t win this game by 25 points, they can just take the wagon wheel back to Logan.

Utah State is a mess right now. After having some interesting comments made towards the end of the season by campus administrators, this team looks like it is honestly headed towards a 2-10 season. There aren’t very many proven play makers, the coach is new, and honestly there just isn’t a lot of excitement or positive momentum going into this season for the Aggies. It appears as if the Aggies hit their peak in the early to mid 2010’s and have sense returned to being the clear third (fourth?) best team in the state.

With four other “rivalry” feel games on the schedule (Utah, Boise State, Virginia and USC) Utah State almost feels like a BYU vs UVU basketball game."
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? :puke:


The Dread Pirate Roberts leaves no survivors.

AggiePT
Posts: 264
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by AggiePT » June 1st, 2021, 2:29 pm

travelingagg wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 2:03 pm
The Houston Baptist Huskies went from 1-10 to 5-7 from '18 to '19. Maybe we can win 3-5 games.
If I'm not mistaken, Hawaii went from 0-12 in 1998 to 9-4 in 1999 (including a bowl win over Oregon State). Getting a new coach played a huge role in that turnaround. Just saying, anything could happen.
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post (total 3):
El SapoViAggieWinkie



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2050
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Bulletin Board Material

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 1st, 2021, 2:34 pm

I’ve seen it on this board multiple times and places that it is going take several years to rebuild this program and that you don’t go from a 1 win team to a winning team over night. Here’s a couple thoughts from someone who is typically a glass half-full kind of guy.

We went from a winning team to a 1 win team basically overnight, why can’t we go the other direction. Since last year was conference only games I’m going to compare to prior conference records. In 2018 we went 7-1 in conference. In 2019 we went 6-2 in conference. Then in 2020 we went 1-5 in conference. We had plenty of talent last year but just totally muffed the season and under performed. I think COVID planning (or lack there of) and team dynamics played a big roll.

Also, remember that we had a 1 win conference season in 2016, which was sandwiched between 5 win and 4 win conference seasons. Sometimes the wheels just fall off in a season due to injuries, coaching change (or issues), or bad group of player leaders. Just like 2016, I think 2020 was a bit of an outlier and we vastly underperformed. If you look back over the past 10 years we only had a conference losing record in 2016 and 2020. I expect a rebound this year and at least a 4-4 conference record. Throw in likely victories over UND and the Saggies, and we get to bowl eligibility .... and maybe even win the bowl game as I think we’ll get better and better as the season goes on.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post (total 3):
El SapoWinkiePIGSKINAGGIE



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 8613
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1497 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 1st, 2021, 2:43 pm

Overall, I'm more bullish than many as well. Most likely, we're not going to be amazing next year, but we won't be terrible. Anderson has a whole heck of a lot more to work with next year despite the 2020 debacle than GA 1.0 did in 2009 and he still won 4 games (and lost 3 by 4 points or less). A change away from a negative culture can make a lot of difference.

I'll be pretty disappointed with 4 wins or less, fine with 5 or 6 and happy about 7 or more. I'm guessing we win 6-7.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 3):
El SapoBLUERUFiOWinkie


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1593
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by El Sapo » June 1st, 2021, 2:58 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 1:42 pm
I think people should be happy about the BA hire and the direction things appear to be going — I am encouraged by the current trajectory and think we will be back to where we were in 3 seasons or so. I just don’t think you turn a 1 win team into a 6 win team even with some quality impact transfers in one season (even though I like those guys).

There were SERIOUS talent AND team culture problems last year, and the coaching staff has, on paper, done as good of a job as possible at addressing the talent issues. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the team faces adversity this year.

I am setting my expectations at 4-8. If we are 4-8, we will be “on-schedule” in my mind in terms of the rebuild. That will show a ton of improvement.

I expect that people expecting a 7 or more win season will be as disappointed as I am now in my small dogecoin investment at the beginning of May. :joking:

There was also serious drama last year outside of football. I hope things improve in that regard.
I doubt there are many fans expecting a 7 win season. But if you're saying 4? I'm taking the over. Just 2 years ago, we won 7 games (2019).
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieWinkie


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1561
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Location: The Mighty City-State of Roy, Utah
Has thanked: 1502 times
Been thanked: 626 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » June 1st, 2021, 3:45 pm

I don’t think they are being completely unreasonable. We sucked last year, new coach, new system... we need to earn back some respect with wins on the field. That being said, screw them.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
El SapoWinkie



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 545
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by frankiesaysrelax » June 1st, 2021, 6:18 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 3:45 pm
I don’t think they are being completely unreasonable. We sucked last year, new coach, new system... we need to earn back some respect with wins on the field. That being said, screw them.
It might be somewhat reasonable, especially from an outsider who isn’t familiar with the off-season moves that have been made, but I think it is the tone of how the blog was written. It has that smug stench to it. The same smell of provo.
These users thanked the author frankiesaysrelax for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0El SapoWinkie



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 10739
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 3178 times
Been thanked: 992 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by USU78 » June 1st, 2021, 6:21 pm

travelingagg wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 12:13 pm
Below is a little grammar and writing help for the assumed BYU grad:

Removals in red
Edits in green
Comments in blue

Overall writer grade: C-


"No. 10 Utah State

There (Lack of clarity. Who could make an argument? BYU fans could make an argument? Someone else?) could be an argument made (Passive voice) could make an argument to have Utah State ranked rank Utah State higher due to it being an in-state rival this being a matchup with an in-state rival. That being said (trite and passive), if If BYU doesn't win this game by 25 points, they Utah State can just take the wagon wheel back to Logan (the writer's placement of this sentence is a bit awkward and doesn't carry the thought of the previous sentence. BYU grad, I recommend dropping this sentence down to your final paragraph as a final statement, then maybe losing the BYU vs. UVU basketball comparison to avoid conjuring up unpleasant memories among your readers regarding the 114-101 UVU basketball win a few years ago).

Utah State is a mess right now. After having some interesting comments made towards toward the end of the season by campus administrators, this team looks like it is honestly (remove honestly. It's colloquial and non-additive) headed towards toward a 2-10 season. There aren't very many proven play makers playmakers, the coach is new, and honestly (remember what I said about the use of honestly? Also, add a comma if you're going to use it.. but don't use it.) there just isn't a lot of much excitement or positive momentum going into this season for the Aggies. It appears as if the Aggies hit their peak in the early to mid 2010's 2010s and have sense since returned to being the clear third (fourth?) best team in the state.

With four other "rivalry" feel games that feel like rivalries on the schedule (Utah, Boise State, Virginia, and USC), Utah State almost feels like a BYU vs. UVU basketball game."
You edited your edits. On purpose or happy accident? In any case, bravo!


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

MWCFAN12
Posts: 1090
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 324 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by MWCFAN12 » June 1st, 2021, 8:38 pm

ViAggie wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 10:04 am
laughable from the team that couldn't even win the sun belt championship game.
But they have won 28 straight preseason national championships. And 17 heismans.
Death, taxes, and a byu preseason national championship.

Truth is byu is 24 - 12 vs the MWC since leaving. Since then the have lost to powerhouse programs like East Carolina, Umass, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Costal carolina, south florida, Memphis, and San Jose. Their best win last year was a 3 loss UCF or a Boise team that was at best 3rd best in the league.

Truth is byu lost more production than any FBS team. They have more questions than anyone. The hype train from Provo is always over the top. They wanted to fire the HC 2 years ago. They are going to be what they have been the last 30 years. AVERAGE.
They might win 8 games
Last edited by MWCFAN12 on June 1st, 2021, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 2):
ViAggieWinkie



Aggie19
Posts: 1085
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 851 times
Been thanked: 626 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by Aggie19 » June 1st, 2021, 8:51 pm

I think if our o-line doesn't come together, and who knows really what we have right now, then we could be very much what they say we are.

I believe the defense will be much better, should improve based on that alone, offensively it's all about the big boys. Sincerely, Cpt. Obvious
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
MWCFAN12


Go Aggies!

MWCFAN12
Posts: 1090
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 324 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by MWCFAN12 » June 1st, 2021, 9:01 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 8:51 pm
I think if our o-line doesn't come together, and who knows really what we have right now, then we could be very much what they say we are.

I believe the defense will be much better, should improve based on that alone, offensively it's all about the big boys. Sincerely, Cpt. Obvious
Having had to take several long breaks from this board. I am 1000% confident that their is several fans here who would not agree with this OBVIOUS post.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
Aggie19



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 867
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 744 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 2nd, 2021, 8:03 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 8:38 pm
ViAggie wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 10:04 am
laughable from the team that couldn't even win the sun belt championship game.
But they have won 28 straight preseason national championships. And 17 heismans.
Death, taxes, and a byu preseason national championship.

Truth is byu is 24 - 12 vs the MWC since leaving. Since then the have lost to powerhouse programs like East Carolina, Umass, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Costal carolina, south florida, Memphis, and San Jose. Their best win last year was a 3 loss UCF or a Boise team that was at best 3rd best in the league.

Truth is byu lost more production than any FBS team. They have more questions than anyone. The hype train from Provo is always over the top. They wanted to fire the HC 2 years ago. They are going to be what they have been the last 30 years. AVERAGE.
They might win 8 games
For those curious we have gone 37-25 vs the MW since joining for a 60% win percentage. BYU is "too good for the MW" with a 67% win percentage since they left it. In their time in the MW they went 64-26 for a 71% win percentage and if you ask them, the MW was significantly stronger then.



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 1593
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 297 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: Bulletin Board Material

Post by El Sapo » June 2nd, 2021, 9:02 am

Slightly related, but off topic. I've been very very extremely pleased lately not to see many stench related posts on this board. There was a time when I'd see 3-4 or more stench threads active on the first page. Not discussions of us v them, or our games v them, just stench threads about their players coaches fans etc. I'm trying to be a better person, but seeing that filth doesn't help

At least this one is about their fans v us.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Winkie


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic