Recruiting news

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » June 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm

Some tweets from today.

Landing lapuaho and Reece would be huge.



And the staff really likes this kid from what I can tell.



@aggies22 any better feedback on these dudes than what I can provide?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
ViAggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » June 28th, 2021, 5:42 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm
Some tweets from today.

Landing lapuaho and Reece would be huge.



And the staff really likes this kid from what I can tell.



@aggies22 any better feedback on these dudes than what I can provide?
I believe that we would be done recruiting the offensive line if Lapuaho and Reece were to commit. They are both top targets.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggBLUERUFiO



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6149
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 639 times
Been thanked: 1386 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 28th, 2021, 5:47 pm

My big question is if we're going to do anything to address having an immediate impact transfer player to replace Kobe Hylton as a backup Stryker/Safety? Still feels to me like there's some lack of depth in that area. Especially given the fact that Gilliam has had some injury problems in the past.

I still think we need one more immediate impact Stryker/DB & 1 more experienced OL. But it's pretty late in the game so :noidea:
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 3):
MWCFAN12slcaggaggies22



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » June 28th, 2021, 5:55 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 5:42 pm
slcagg wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm
Some tweets from today.

Landing lapuaho and Reece would be huge.



And the staff really likes this kid from what I can tell.



@aggies22 any better feedback on these dudes than what I can provide?
I believe that we would be done recruiting the offensive line if Lapuaho and Reece were to commit. They are both top targets.
I assumed both at least lapuaho were mission kids? Other lapuahos have gone on missions. Assuming he is related to Al.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » June 28th, 2021, 6:09 pm

Based off Twitter maguire really liked the opportunity to do track as well.

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » June 28th, 2021, 6:27 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 5:47 pm
My big question is if we're going to do anything to address having an immediate impact transfer player to replace Kobe Hylton as a backup Stryker/Safety? Still feels to me like there's some lack of depth in that area. Especially given the fact that Gilliam has had some injury problems in the past.

I still think we need one more immediate impact Stryker/DB & 1 more experienced OL. But it's pretty late in the game so :noidea:
I think we may snag one more offensive lineman. I think another DB is doubtful.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
MWCFAN12



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 1st, 2021, 9:39 am

slcagg wrote:
June 28th, 2021, 5:40 pm
Some tweets from today.

Landing lapuaho and Reece would be huge.



And the staff really likes this kid from what I can tell.



@aggies22 any better feedback on these dudes than what I can provide?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22Aggie19



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 1st, 2021, 10:28 am

I'm starting to feel pretty good about Weylin.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
slcaggUSU78Aggie193rdGenAggieaggieguy13ViAggie



User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2728
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 438 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by newhouse9 » July 1st, 2021, 11:32 am

Fingers crossed on this one...
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 3):
slcaggViAggieaggies22



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 1st, 2021, 8:18 pm

Guys I have good feeling here.




dogie
Posts: 3174
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by dogie » July 1st, 2021, 8:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:18 pm
Guys I have good feeling here.

So, if it’s 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, that’s equivalent to 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, or 3:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time.

But I have a feeling that if I tune in at 3:00 pm MDT tomorrow, the announcement will have long since been made.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 1st, 2021, 8:38 pm

dogie wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:18 pm
Guys I have good feeling here.

So, if it’s 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, that’s equivalent to 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, or 3:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time.

But I have a feeling that if I tune in at 3:00 pm MDT tomorrow, the announcement will have long since been made.
I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the 2nd my Aggie brother.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 3rd, 2021, 11:59 am




YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2914
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 687 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm

Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOaggies22


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 3rd, 2021, 12:20 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
Getting James and Weylin already will be HUGE with him. If we get Jacob too......WATCH OUT!



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 3rd, 2021, 12:21 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
Also, notice how in 24 hours we land James Aloisio and Weylin Lapuaho and Orem OL Vae Soifua is committed to byu by the end of the day. Hmmmm.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 3rd, 2021, 12:22 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:21 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
Also, notice how in 24 hours we land James Aloisio and Weylin Lapuaho and Orem OL Vae Soifua is committed to byu by the end of the day. Hmmmm.
Yup. Noticed that. Dominoes
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



browntown
Posts: 51
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 2:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by browntown » July 3rd, 2021, 12:30 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
But does Leilua have any other offers? Seems a bit unorthodox of our staff to recruit a guy that other schools are recruiting :sarcasm:

Really though this is huge to even be in the top 3 for him. Just seeing the other two, it is obvious we are doing some great recruiting with him, now let’s hope we can win out.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 3rd, 2021, 12:37 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:20 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
Getting James and Weylin already will be HUGE with him. If we get Jacob too......WATCH OUT!
Does Jacob have a timeline?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 3rd, 2021, 3:45 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:37 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:20 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 3rd, 2021, 12:02 pm
Leilua would immediately move into our top five recruits for this class if he commits. Hard to count how many times I've seen announcements where local big guys like him leave us out of the top three in favor of Utah or BYU. This class is getting ridiculous, especially if we snag Irae.
Getting James and Weylin already will be HUGE with him. If we get Jacob too......WATCH OUT!
Does Jacob have a timeline?
If he does, I don't know what it is.



dogie
Posts: 3174
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by dogie » July 3rd, 2021, 5:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:38 pm
dogie wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
July 1st, 2021, 8:18 pm
Guys I have good feeling here.

So, if it’s 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, that’s equivalent to 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, or 3:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time.

But I have a feeling that if I tune in at 3:00 pm MDT tomorrow, the announcement will have long since been made.
I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the 2nd my Aggie brother.
You got me! I shouldn’t be casting any stones!
:noidea:



SlumJum
Posts: 66
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 10:34 am
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by SlumJum » July 4th, 2021, 2:35 pm



This has gotta be about Jacob or Irae, right?



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 4th, 2021, 2:45 pm

SlumJum wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 2:35 pm


This has gotta be about Jacob or Irae, right?
My board money is on Jacob.



SlumJum
Posts: 66
Joined: March 15th, 2019, 10:34 am
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by SlumJum » July 4th, 2021, 2:49 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 2:45 pm
SlumJum wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 2:35 pm


This has gotta be about Jacob or Irae, right?
My board money is on Jacob.
I would agree. That would be a quick turnaround for Irae to do a top 3 and then commit.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 4th, 2021, 3:40 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 2:45 pm
SlumJum wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 2:35 pm


This has gotta be about Jacob or Irae, right?
My board money is on Jacob.
Not yet my man.



User avatar
sammyhagar
Posts: 457
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by sammyhagar » July 4th, 2021, 6:30 pm

did the center from Utah who entered the portal land anywhere yet?
he is on my wish list.



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 333
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by BustaMcNutt » July 4th, 2021, 7:56 pm



This guy I assume?
These users thanked the author BustaMcNutt for the post (total 2):
SlumJumslcagg



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2049
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 582 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » July 4th, 2021, 8:05 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:

This guy I assume?
I really hope we land that guy too but I think he was referring to the Ute player Orlando Umana that is in the transfer portal.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 6149
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 639 times
Been thanked: 1386 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 4th, 2021, 8:28 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 7:56 pm


This guy I assume?
There’s a Utah center who was named all pac in 2019 & has 26 starts that lost his starting spot at Center this year (because his replacement is an nfl center) that just entered the portal.

Landing him would be huge.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
SlumJum



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 333
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by BustaMcNutt » July 4th, 2021, 9:34 pm

Yep, my apologies. I was responding to the previous posts about the recent commit. I was assuming Hansen is the new commit because he’s announcing tomorrow and one of the tweets said it’s and in-state guy. Umana is a California kid, so I doubt they’d call him in-state (unless they’re now claiming him as an in-stater). I wouldn’t mind getting Umana, but haven’t seen anything yet to believe it is him. I’ll work on my posting skills and pay more attention to the previous post.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1628 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by slcagg » July 4th, 2021, 10:00 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 7:56 pm


This guy I assume?
I hope it’s this guy. Offers from about half the mountain west plus BYU.

Also we have two poly kids on the team with the last name Hansen with James and Johnson Hansen. Maybe related? Could be a nice little connection.



User avatar
Cheecho6
Posts: 1502
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by Cheecho6 » July 5th, 2021, 9:57 am

Hansen it is!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Cheecho6 for the post (total 2):
Aggie193rdGenAggie


"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

Aggie19
Posts: 1081
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 849 times
Been thanked: 626 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by Aggie19 » July 5th, 2021, 10:05 am



Go Aggies!

Aggie19
Posts: 1081
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 849 times
Been thanked: 626 times

Re: Recruiting news

Post by Aggie19 » July 5th, 2021, 10:05 am

Cheecho6 wrote:
July 5th, 2021, 9:57 am
Hansen it is!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:shock:


Go Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Recruiting news

Post by aggies22 » July 5th, 2021, 10:06 am

sammyhagar wrote:
July 4th, 2021, 6:30 pm
did the center from Utah who entered the portal land anywhere yet?
he is on my wish list.
I don't think Orlando Umana has committed anywhere yet.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic