2021 USU Football Preseason Preview: Quarterback

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

2021 USU Football Preseason Preview: Quarterback

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2021, 11:54 am

Here is the first installment of my preseason previews on my new NEWS ONLY site. Thank you all for reading!

https://bigblueusuaggienews.com/2021/07 ... arterback/
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 10):
slcaggFullLarryTheAggieAgMan21sam tingeyAggieArmyAussieAggieDadBLUERUFiOGrandPoubahNavyBlueAggie

slcagg

Re: 2021 USU Football Preseason Preview: Quarterback

Post by slcagg » July 19th, 2021, 11:58 am

Love it!!! Congrats man! Look forward to the content.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 19th, 2021, 12:14 pm

I hope Legas can nail done the backup job. Peasly didn’t show me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 19th, 2021, 12:41 pm

I was going to start a thread about this, but then decided to just post a reply to this thread suggesting it. I for one like the giving one second quarter series to the backup that we did for Love to break him in, and do think we should do that for Legas, assuming Bonner beats him out for #1, and Legas beats out Peasley and Josh Calvin for #2. Giving the #2 a series makes him ready to go.

Some people argued that Kent Myers should have been benched for Love earlier, but when Love struggled his first live game action against Idaho State, that showed he wasn't ready yet. But it did make him better getting a feel of the speed of the game when he got a second quarter series in a few of the games, before being ready.

Also, maybe if Darell Garretson had been getting a second quarter series a game in 2013, prior to Chuckie getting hurt the first time, he maybe would have been ready to go against BYU and looked better than Craig Harrison, or if not that game, against Boise the next week and maybe we wouldn't have been sweating out their game against San Diego State that November night(and forced to be Aztec fans). And for how Brent Guy was a poor coach in most ways, along with Jerod Walker being a poor character, Jerod Walker getting a second quarter series a game early in the year made him better when he had to go in.

That said, Cooper or whoever should have to earn the second quarter series, and sometimes the timing for it doesn't make sense like if we have good momentum.

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » July 19th, 2021, 2:18 pm

@aggies22

Thanks for the write up and I look forward to the others. One suggestion that I might add is to put the stats in a table instead of the long version paragraph form. It might just be me, but I struggle to read the prior year stats when you list them out.

Again, just one suggestion that you are welcome to take or trash. At the end of the day, I will read it either way.

Go Aggies!
These users thanked the author Aggiefan33 for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieArmy

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 19th, 2021, 2:42 pm

Aggiefan33 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 2:18 pm
@aggies22

Thanks for the write up and I look forward to the others. One suggestion that I might add is to put the stats in a table instead of the long version paragraph form. It might just be me, but I struggle to read the prior year stats when you list them out.

Again, just one suggestion that you are welcome to take or trash. At the end of the day, I will read it either way.

Go Aggies!
I appreciate your input. Thank you my Aggie brother!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggiefan33

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » July 19th, 2021, 3:30 pm

GFAggie had some insightful comments about the back up Q B getting some game time and game speed reps. Sounds like an excellent player preparatory event. One never knows these days who will start and then heal the next few weeks.

How many of us remember the young brother of Terry Bradshaw coming cold off the bench to replace an injured AGGIE starting Q B? His first series was shaky but after that he was lights out.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
aggies22

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » July 19th, 2021, 3:36 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 3:30 pm
GFAggie had some insightful comments about the back up Q B getting some game time and game speed reps. Sounds like an excellent player preparatory event. One never knows these days who will start and then heal the next few weeks.

How many of us remember the young brother of Terry Bradshaw coming cold off the bench to replace an injured AGGIE starting Q B? His first series was shaky but after that he was lights out.
Craig was a terrific backup, and maybe the best gunslinger USU ever had riding pine most of the time.

Hipple was a monster, both here and in the NFL. There are some nice vids of him during his playing days in Detroit. Remember when he had that break-out game in the initial Monday Night Football game?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
aggies22NavyBlueAggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » July 22nd, 2021, 7:12 pm

Bonner split playing time at AState. I think he came here because BA told him he'd have a chance (lock) to be the starter and he'd play the whole game. Until I see something else happen on the field, I think that's how it goes with our QB.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » July 22nd, 2021, 10:39 pm

Throw it Bradshaw was the chant on every offensive play. The FIgi bomb was appropriate for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post:
USU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic