Kickoff holders

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Kickoff holders

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 11th, 2021, 10:49 am

I noticed twice when the ball fell off the tee, North Dakota just went straight to using a holder instead of even trying to get it to stay on the tee. I thought the rule was that you can try to put the ball back on once and stay on without a holder, then a holder is required if the ball falls off a second time. Did they change the rule to requiring a holder after it falls off once? Or did the ND player just assume that it would fall off a second time cause of how windy it was and hold? I do remember one game at Nevada where it was so windy we were holding on every kickoff instead of even trying to get the ball to stay on the tee.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Re: Kickoff holders

Post by sam tingey » September 11th, 2021, 11:26 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 10:49 am
I noticed twice when the ball fell off the tee, North Dakota just went straight to using a holder instead of even trying to get it to stay on the tee. I thought the rule was that you can try to put the ball back on once and stay on without a holder, then a holder is required if the ball falls off a second time. Did they change the rule to requiring a holder after it falls off once? Or did the ND player just assume that it would fall off a second time cause of how windy it was and hold? I do remember one game at Nevada where it was so windy we were holding on every kickoff instead of even trying to get the ball to stay on the tee.
they were kicking it out of the endzone every time so that is probably why they just went with the holder

Locked Previous topicNext topic