Prediction on the season

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

Prediction on the season

Post by SLB » September 12th, 2021, 8:15 am

We are going to beat BYU.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
Sl7vk

ineptimusprime

Re: Prediction on the season

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 8:27 am

I dunno bout that yet. Hall looks pretty damn good.

I am confident we will put up a much better fight this year.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 12th, 2021, 10:36 am

He just needs contained. We can’t let him scramble like the wsu game. That is all that kept wsu close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post:
AussieAggieDad

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 12th, 2021, 11:32 am

WAAggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 10:36 am
He just needs contained. We can’t let him scramble like the wsu game. That is all that kept wsu close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And us settling for field goals in the red zone. That is as well what kept the North Dakota game closer.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 12th, 2021, 12:42 pm

I’ll take another level… BYU and USU will be undefeated heading into this game.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » September 12th, 2021, 12:43 pm

SLB wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:15 am
Sadly I think we lose the next three games. I hope we can sneak out a win over AFA, but......

I hope I can eat a huge pile of Shi! for being wrong!!

Go Aggies!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Agezzz wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:43 pm
SLB wrote:
Sadly I think we lose the next three games. I hope we can sneak out a win over AFA, but......

Go Aggies!

Beating AFA should be expected. I’ve watched them, and they are not a good football team this year. They were average against a poor FCS school and were neck and neck for most of the game with an awful Navy team that didn’t complete a pass. It was a roughing the punter penalty that allowed AFA to break through.

If we play sound assignment football on defense we will win the game against AFA relatively easily.

We will lose to BSU and BYU by 14+, but who cares. Rolling into the soft part of our schedule (which is basically the entire schedule after BYU) at 3-2 will be WAY ahead of my expectations for the season, and we will have a P5 scalp and revenge win against AFA as trophies.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieBlues

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:49 pm
Agezzz wrote:
SLB wrote:

Go Aggies!

Beating AFA should be expected. I’ve watched them, and they are not a good football team this year. They were average against a poor FCS school and were neck and neck for most of the game with an awful Navy team that didn’t complete a pass. It was a roughing the punter penalty that allowed AFA to break through.

If we play sound assignment football on defense we will win the game against AFA relatively easily.

We will lose to BSU and BYU by 14+, but who cares. Rolling into the soft part of our schedule (which is basically the entire schedule after BYU) at 3-2 will be WAY ahead of my expectations for the season, and we will have a P5 scalp and revenge win against AFA as trophies.
I guess I’ve been watching a different YBU team. I haven’t been impressed. Arizona is brutal, Utah has a lot of problems. I’m hoping YBU comes to Logan on their high horses, over looking the Ags. The higher they are the further they fall. Can’t wait.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
Aggie84025

Notatrueaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 12th, 2021, 1:54 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Agezzz wrote:
SLB wrote:

Go Aggies!

I guess I’ve been watching a different YBU team. I haven’t been impressed. Arizona is brutal, Utah has a lot of problems. I’m hoping YBU comes to Logan on their high horses, over looking the Ags. The higher they are the further they fall. Can’t wait.
I agree. I don’t think the cougies are as good as advertised. I think if we can score and execute in the end zone and contain hall we should be fine. Right now I think the team we have competes with everyone on our schedule. I think it’s how we start games. We can’t sh$t the bed of the first quarter against teams or we are screwed. But I think we have a very underrated team. Just imo though. Utah sh$t the bed last night and I’ll stand by that statement.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » September 12th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:54 pm
FL350Aggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Agezzz wrote:
SLB wrote:

Go Aggies!

I agree. I don’t think the cougies are as good as advertised. I think if we can score and execute in the end zone and contain hall we should be fine. Right now I think the team we have competes with everyone on our schedule. I think it’s how we start games. We can’t sh$t the bed of the first quarter against teams or we are screwed. But I think we have a very underrated team. Just imo though. Utah sh$t the bed last night and I’ll stand by that statement.
So we win 2 out of the next 3 games? Wow, I want some of your Kool Aid! And I want you to be so correct! I'm still having a difficult time believing we are for real. Much better than Last year for sure, and I really like this team....but.... Go Aggies!!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 12th, 2021, 5:18 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
Agezzz wrote:
SLB wrote:

Go Aggies!

I just hope we can play sound assignment defense against them. I know this is a new coaching staff and some new players, but we have looked horrendous against them the last 2 years. I just hope the defensive players take some freaking pride this week and man up and hit the damn QB time after time. The secondary scares me right now about focusing so much on the run and then getting beat over the top on the pass. Would love for the Aggies to give Calhoun a piece of humble pie this week.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 13th, 2021, 6:16 am

Justin Rice will have a Vigil-esque game this weekend.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionslcagg

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 13th, 2021, 8:21 am

aggies22 wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:16 am
Justin Rice will have a Vigil-esque game this weekend.
Nothing would make me happier. One of my favorite performances was his performance against AF. I think Rice is the exact type of player we need on defense to beat AF. Hoping the defense is prepared to take it to AF.

Locked Previous topicNext topic