Hate Y

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JSHarvey

Re: Hate Y

Post by JSHarvey » September 23rd, 2021, 12:13 pm

Boise is the more important game (in my opinion) but I always cheer for USU no matter what, and I always hope for BYU to go down in flames no matter who they play.

I'll be thrilled to win either game, both would amazing, losing either one will hurt.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 23rd, 2021, 1:33 pm

NVAggie wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 9:48 am
That forced fumble after the interception was a great play. I think it won the game for BYU. We can hate them and still respect their game. They are playing pretty well.
I can dislike and despise them, and even at times respect their team, but hate just takes too much of my energy.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0Hoot

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » September 23rd, 2021, 5:38 pm

NVAggie wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 9:48 am
That forced fumble after the interception was a great play. I think it won the game for BYU. We can hate them and still respect their game. They are playing pretty well.
0 Respect.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 23rd, 2021, 6:43 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:57 pm
hickaggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:54 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:10 pm
The game against BYU got a bit easier. Keenan Pili is out for the season...he's probably their best defensive player.
The Defense will determine the next two games. Contain their QB and don't lose their big TE. Stay at home. Those are the keys. Remember 2019 when their QB ran for whatever he wanted and Love had to try to keep up with an inferior offense and inferior offensive coaches. Maybe our D is not going to ever be displined enough to stop that stuff but our playmakers will need to create TOs at least.

I think they are going to have a hard time with our backs and receivers. But Boise first. That's the big one.
Agreed. If we could only have a win in one of the two games, I'd take Boise every time.
Boise game is more meaningful for our conference standings, thus, is the more important game.

When Steve Spurrier was at UF he used to drive FSU nuts every year when he'd say the FSU game wasn't all that important because UF's goal was to win the SEC and the FSU game had no bearing on that goal.

Of course the FSU game was important as it was an in-state rivalry but saying this really got under FSU's skin and he knew it.

I'd love it if we played it down like that against BYU. Maybe hint at resting some players as we get ready for the conference games.

Locked Previous topicNext topic