Boise/BYU ticket sales

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
rAggie

Re: Boise/BYU ticket sales

Post by rAggie » September 24th, 2021, 11:28 pm

dogie wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 11:06 pm
There are only about 350 tickets available for the USU-Boise State game tomorrow. A donor purchased 1,000 tickets two days ago and has given them to students of Cache Valley elementary schools and their families.
Not true my friend. The donor part is true. There are 1,500 RESERVED seats and an unknown number of GA still unsold. Check the ticket site. It's not lookin good for a sellout with some empty spots at the tops of southeast endzone and upper east sections. I'd count on walkup but the walkup window will be so small tomorrow.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

ususports

Post by ususports » September 24th, 2021, 11:43 pm

I am guessing the walk up crowd will be much, much larger than usual. I think there are still a lot of un-redeemed vouchers that will get used. If the only hope was for people walking up to buy $100 tickets, I would agree that it is hopeless to get near capacity. However, tons of people have the opportunity for free tickets.

IdAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by IdAggie » September 24th, 2021, 11:50 pm

Our ticketing practices need serious examination and a little innovation. There is no way that this game should not be sold out. You need to find ways to connect with the consumer and give them purpose or reason to purchase, not criticize them for the lack of an overflow crowd. Something or many things are off....

1 - Pricing - I have spoken to many who would love to attend, but simply can't afford it. Those who I have talked to include young alumni with growing families and the local latino population who are becoming big Aggie fans and always repping the Aggie blue. The demand is there, but $55 for the upper east side or $100+ for west side is not feasible for many in this market. Get them in the stands and they become lifelong ticket purchasers or season ticket holders (which is a great value). Our pricing structure kills us on one game sales. I go to several Denver Bronco games per year and can get into their games for a lower ticket price if I buy them early in the process before the resale market escalates prices. USU is also priced above most conference and mid-major schools by a decent margin. Set the price right to sell out the damn stadium. It can't be too hard to use data to set price points.

2- Process behind ticketing - We were close to being sold out and just today hundreds if not close to a thousand tickets became available in previously sold out sections that are desirable seats. These will now go unsold, but could have sold when people were looking a few days ago. Why? These should have been available at least a week ago if they were returned or unused. The day before dump does not work. This practice needs to be examined.

3- Marketing and promotions - No effort at marketing and promotions activity or investment leading up to a game with seats available. I am sorry, but only hard core fans hear the coach begging as your source of promotion in press conferences, or closely following your social media. This is not the fan that you are trying to get into the stadium. The hard core fans will all be at this game if they are able to. Find ways to reach the marginal/casual fan and get them excited about Aggie football and the experience. You then turn them in to fans who will return and buy more tickets.
These users thanked the author IdAggie for the post (total 2):
PIGSKINAGGIEAggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 6:20 am

IdAggie wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 11:50 pm
Our ticketing practices need serious examination and a little innovation. There is no way that this game should not be sold out. You need to find ways to connect with the consumer and give them purpose or reason to purchase, not criticize them for the lack of an overflow crowd. Something or many things are off....

1 - Pricing - I have spoken to many who would love to attend, but simply can't afford it. Those who I have talked to include young alumni with growing families and the local latino population who are becoming big Aggie fans and always repping the Aggie blue. The demand is there, but $55 for the upper east side or $100+ for west side is not feasible for many in this market. Get them in the stands and they become lifelong ticket purchasers or season ticket holders (which is a great value). Our pricing structure kills us on one game sales. I go to several Denver Bronco games per year and can get into their games for a lower ticket price if I buy them early in the process before the resale market escalates prices. USU is also priced above most conference and mid-major schools by a decent margin. Set the price right to sell out the damn stadium. It can't be too hard to use data to set price points.

2- Process behind ticketing - We were close to being sold out and just today hundreds if not close to a thousand tickets became available in previously sold out sections that are desirable seats. These will now go unsold, but could have sold when people were looking a few days ago. Why? These should have been available at least a week ago if they were returned or unused. The day before dump does not work. This practice needs to be examined.

3- Marketing and promotions - No effort at marketing and promotions activity or investment leading up to a game with seats available. I am sorry, but only hard core fans hear the coach begging as your source of promotion in press conferences, or closely following your social media. This is not the fan that you are trying to get into the stadium. The hard core fans will all be at this game if they are able to. Find ways to reach the marginal/casual fan and get them excited about Aggie football and the experience. You then turn them in to fans who will return and buy more tickets.
This is spot on imo. The proof is in the pudding in this case.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 25th, 2021, 6:30 am

slcagg wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 6:20 am
IdAggie wrote:

I disagree. When we have had affordable promotions in the past this mythical folks still don't show. I remember in 2018 with an amazing offense, opportunistic defense, and NFL level QB and I think a top 25 ranking, they offered tickets anywhere in the stadium for $13. Not even close to a sell out. Where were those folks then? I don't believe they exist. I hope they do, but I don't buy it.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 2):
pablohoneyFull

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 6:45 am

GeoAg wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 6:30 am
slcagg wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 6:20 am
IdAggie wrote:

I disagree. When we have had affordable promotions in the past this mythical folks still don't show. I remember in 2018 with an amazing offense, opportunistic defense, and NFL level QB and I think a top 25 ranking, they offered tickets anywhere in the stadium for $13. Not even close to a sell out. Where were those folks then? I don't believe they exist. I hope they do, but I don't buy it.
That’s a good point Geo. Just my opinion their could be more outreach on a more consistent basis that makes it more available to this crowd. Would they actually buy in…I have no idea. I do believe in this case results takes time and consistent effort.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » September 25th, 2021, 7:23 am

Sl7vk wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 5:43 pm
Chatman wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 3:14 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
September 24th, 2021, 1:38 pm
Plenty of pricing options to keep everyone happy. There should be no need to compalin.
If you can’t sell out a game like tomorrow then pricing is too high for the market you are in.
Not exactly. If you have no market for your product you can price close to zero and it won’t matter.
Demand is the issue for USU not pricing.
It’s always something for the casual fan here in the valley. Too late, too cold, deer hunt, team stinks, kids got football, can’t bring my own food, too expensive, blah blah blah.
Blaming the customer for not buying your product is a horrible business practice.

Price for your market. Know your customer. If a game like this isn't sold out, either your pricing is off or your marketing sucks.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Formerly TulsAGGIE

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 25th, 2021, 8:05 am

So if price is the issue how cheap should the tickets be? If we can't get a full house with a national ranking and blanket $13 seats in the stadium, price isn't the issue. It is demand as was said above. That is why we don't yet deserve this team as a fanbase.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 25th, 2021, 8:08 am

Single game tix especially in the west side are too high, but you could get season tix with a couple of platelet donations. Hopefully we can win the next couple. Would go a long way to creating better demand, which is the real problem

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 8:18 am

GeoAg wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 8:05 am
So if price is the issue how cheap should the tickets be? If we can't get a full house with a national ranking and blanket $13 seats in the stadium, price isn't the issue. It is demand as was said above. That is why we don't yet deserve this team as a fanbase.
I think their are certain things we can do to help create demand. But it requires consistent efforts over time. Not just one late game probably mid November.

ususports

Post by ususports » September 25th, 2021, 8:31 am

GeoAg wrote:
You are very consistent in bitter posts toward the fan base. Your $13 example is very misleading. You are comparing a warm, sunny September game against an opponent that many people would want to watch (Boise State this year) compared to a freezing cold November game against a crappy San Jose state team that no one would want to freeze their body parts to see. My very young son (at the time) and I went to that game in west side seats because of the promotion, and he was in tears because he was freezing. We brought blankets, boots, mittens, snow pants, and winter coats, and he was still miserable. Should there be more support for our team when we are nationally ranked? Sure! However, the casual fan is more interested in the opponent. If you think that we would not have sold out of $13 tickets to the west side seats to this game against Boise State for a September game with great weather, you are only kidding yourself. The point is, the AD has no clue how to evaluate all things that go into a decision to go to the game for a casual fan (time of the year, opponents, etc.). They think just like you by thinking, “We did this promo in 2018 with circumstances that are nothing like this game in 2021, so our fans just suck, so there is no point in trying.” This situation is absolutely apples to oranges and the fact that you think the two are compatible and relevant just validates that the athletic department is full of people with heads up their backsides and can’t see straight.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
slcagg

Ag4life

Post by Ag4life » September 25th, 2021, 8:35 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 7:23 am
Sl7vk wrote:
Chatman wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Plenty of pricing options to keep everyone happy. There should be no need to compalin.
If you can’t sell out a game like tomorrow then pricing is too high for the market you are in.
Not exactly. If you have no market for your product you can price close to zero and it won’t matter.
It’s always something for the casual fan here in the valley. Too late, too cold, deer hunt, team stinks, kids got football, can’t bring my own food, too expensive, blah blah blah.
Blaming the customer for not buying your product is a horrible business practice.

Price for your market. Know your customer. If a game like this isn't sold out, either your pricing is off or your marketing sucks.
So by that metric, there shouldn’t be a single football game in the country that shouldn’t be sold out. I get what you’re saying, but there some level to which they can get a sell out. I don’t know exactly what they’ve done, but IMO, a good option would be to work with business for these types of games to give tickets to their employees. I also think they need to put more advertisement up around town.
These users thanked the author Ag4life for the post:
slcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 8:57 am

ususports wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 8:31 am
GeoAg wrote:
You are very consistent in bitter posts toward the fan base. Your $13 example is very misleading. You are comparing a warm, sunny September game against an opponent that many people would want to watch (Boise State this year) compared to a freezing cold November game against a crappy San Jose state team that no one would want to freeze their body parts to see. My very young son (at the time) and I went to that game in west side seats because of the promotion, and he was in tears because he was freezing. We brought blankets, boots, mittens, snow pants, and winter coats, and he was still miserable. Should there be more support for our team when we are nationally ranked? Sure! However, the casual fan is more interested in the opponent. If you think that we would not have sold out of $13 tickets to the west side seats to this game against Boise State for a September game with great weather, you are only kidding yourself. The point is, the AD has no clue how to evaluate all things that go into a decision to go to the game for a casual fan (time of the year, opponents, etc.). They think just like you by thinking, “We did this promo in 2018 with circumstances that are nothing like this game in 2021, so our fans just suck, so there is no point in trying.” This situation is absolutely apples to oranges and the fact that you think the two are compatible and relevant just validates that the athletic department is full of people with heads up their backsides and can’t see straight.
Spot on. One thing to remember is most athletic director types stay at a job for a relative short time…they are usually in it for the short term not the long term.

Jayzep

Post by Jayzep » September 25th, 2021, 9:06 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 7:23 am
Sl7vk wrote:
Chatman wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:

This

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » September 25th, 2021, 9:23 am

John Hartwell just said they are down to 300 tickets left with a big line at the walk-up window. If true, it could sell out.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
slcagg

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

coolag

Post by coolag » September 25th, 2021, 9:46 am

travelingagg wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 9:23 am
John Hartwell just said they are down to 300 tickets left with a big line at the walk-up window. If true, it could sell out.
Nonsense. This is fake Aggie news and tickets should have been free for everyone. Know your fanbase Hartwell and give free wool socks out to everyone come November.

Regulator of Class

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 9:52 am

coolag wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 9:46 am
travelingagg wrote:
Nonsense. This is fake Aggie news and tickets should have been free for everyone. Know your fanbase Hartwell and give free wool socks out to everyone come November.
Watch it cool ag! :)
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
coolag

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 25th, 2021, 9:53 am

coolag wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 9:46 am
travelingagg wrote:
He's just a dumb*** accountant. What does he know about marketing?

Locked Previous topicNext topic