Defense secondary

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Bybs25

Defense secondary

Post by Bybs25 » September 25th, 2021, 1:53 pm

This is our biggest weakness. We have CB that are too small can't get off blocks and don't know how to play the ball in the air. When they use bail technique they sprint out like their agg is on fire and don't read the routes and react quick enough for that technique. They should be banned from using that technique unless they are playing a tampa like 2 and they have the deep halves. They are nit physical at the point of attack on runs and they leave gaping holes over the field in zone.

Our safety play is atrocious. Ajani played well outside of him similar issues as with the corners. If I was coach I wouldn't care who earned the starting role in camp and these first 3 games. We need a different backfield. I can probably bet any dollar amount that those that are just on the bench given the opportunity would prove to be better than what we have.

Last thing to go on my soap box. Metz should not ever see any playing time on defense the rest of the season. Special teams fine but get his Agg off the field he is a wasted player on defense.

Man we can be so much better. If we just move on from some of these non productive players.

On offense target wright more. Scraver love ya return ability but your not a WR. That is really about my only issue with the O right now.

Overall we lost this not cause Boise beat us but because we were sloppy on offense, didnt convert in the redzone and have a return man trying to play Wr.

We give this one to them.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bybs25 for the post (total 3):
AggieFBObsession3rdGenAggieaggies22

Aggie19

Re: Defense secondary

Post by Aggie19 » September 25th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Bybs25 wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 1:53 pm
This is our biggest weakness. We have CB that are too small can't get off blocks and don't know how to play the ball in the air. When they use bail technique they sprint out like their agg is on fire and don't read the routes and react quick enough for that technique. They should be banned from using that technique unless they are playing a tampa like 2 and they have the deep halves. They are nit physical at the point of attack on runs and they leave gaping holes over the field in zone.

Our safety play is atrocious. Ajani played well outside of him similar issues as with the corners. If I was coach I wouldn't care who earned the starting role in camp and these first 3 games. We need a different backfield. I can probably bet any dollar amount that those that are just on the bench given the opportunity would prove to be better than what we have.

Last thing to go on my soap box. Metz should not ever see any playing time on defense the rest of the season. Special teams fine but get his Agg off the field he is a wasted player on defense.

Man we can be so much better. If we just move on from some of these non productive players.

On offense target wright more. Scraver love ya return ability but your not a WR. That is really about my only issue with the O right now.

Overall we lost this not cause Boise beat us but because we were sloppy on offense, didnt convert in the redzone and have a return man trying to play Wr.

We give this one to them.

We also have another WR that struggles to catch the ball and has zero concept of how to use that 6'6" frame of his. It's clear why he was available when we got him. I think he does a good job of blocking down field, but runs his mouth far too much for a someone who's play negatively impacts us as much as his does. I'm really bummed out about his play, he could dominate with that size.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Go Aggies!

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Their secondary size and athletism is impressive. They honestly looked like men among boys compared to our WR’s.

I actually think Mcgary played well.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2021, 2:20 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm
Their secondary size and athletism is impressive. They honestly looked like men among boys compared to our WR’s.

I actually think Mcgary played well.
From my seat I thought Mcgary def made some solid plays.

Overall the defense gave us a chance
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttAggieFBObsession

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » September 25th, 2021, 3:15 pm

I think mcgary and Ajani should be playing at safeties with sprinkle in some of the younger guys. Our corners though. Lets see what we have in the stocks because the three that are getting playing time are not getting it done.

These users thanked the author Bybs25 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 25th, 2021, 3:18 pm

Bybs25 wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 3:15 pm
I think mcgary and Ajani should be playing at safeties with sprinkle in some of the younger guys. Our corners though. Lets see what we have in the stocks because the three that are getting playing time are not getting it done.

I was reading their position coach's profile. Abilene College and Troy University. He's got a challenging job with that group, but there doesn't seem to be much coaching going on.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 25th, 2021, 5:10 pm

Room for I improvement but the defense is not why we lost. They were sent out on the field twice with Boise starting inside the RedZone. And even on those they played really strong in terms of making Boise earn it. Outside of those they gave up 13 points. Offense crapped the bed today.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
3rdGenAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 25th, 2021, 5:22 pm

Good write up on the secondary for sure. I have not been a fan of our secondary play for a number of years. Lampkin never turns around. Jackson has always been turds. I will give him credit, he can at least tackle a bit this year. I've never been a big Shaq Bond guy, but I know he is a favorite around here. I would also be happy to wave goodbye to Metz. I know Tania is around these parts. I'm sure playing time for her son has probably been a problem. I certainly feel for her and her son, but what the hell was he thinking on that return?

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 25th, 2021, 6:12 pm

NVAggie wrote:
September 25th, 2021, 5:22 pm
Good write up on the secondary for sure. I have not been a fan of our secondary play for a number of years. Lampkin never turns around. Jackson has always been turds. I will give him credit, he can at least tackle a bit this year. I've never been a big Shaq Bond guy, but I know he is a favorite around here. I would also be happy to wave goodbye to Metz. I know Tania is around these parts. I'm sure playing time for her son has probably been a problem. I certainly feel for her and her son, but what the hell was he thinking on that return?
That was a safety.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 25th, 2021, 7:19 pm

It was a safety and it sounds like it is what he is being asked to do by the coaches.

Locked Previous topicNext topic