Scouting YBU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TyUSU
Has thanked: 0

Scouting YBU

Post by TyUSU » September 26th, 2021, 8:26 am

I watched the first quarter of their game last night and turned it off after they were up 21-0 on South Florida. They looked impressive and their 2nd string QB was spot on. It surprised me to see the final score this morning at 35-27.

This game looks very winnable to me if we can stop laying an egg in the RedZone.

slcagg

Re: Scouting YBU

Post by slcagg » September 26th, 2021, 9:15 am

BYU has a lot of guys out right now. I like our matchup much better with our receivers vs their defense.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 26th, 2021, 9:22 am

slcagg wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 9:15 am
BYU has a lot of guys out right now. I like our matchup much better with our receivers vs their defense.
Won’t matter if Bonner isn’t much more accurate on Friday.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 26th, 2021, 9:39 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 9:22 am
slcagg wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 9:15 am
Won’t matter if Bonner isn’t much more accurate on Friday.
Part of that had to do with the quality of Boise defensive backs. That skinner kid is legit.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionsam tingey

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 26th, 2021, 9:51 am

Should have watched on the second hall or 4th quarter the can be beaten down and worn out. They got gassed and were beaten handily other than about 5 over the top passes. Unfortunately, we’ll give this up also, but ucf ran the ball well and hit passes when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 26th, 2021, 9:59 am

Yeah it is a very winnable game. They are 4-0, but their offense hasn't been impressive yet. We are a better team than Arizona and South Florida(and maybe Utah) and they played them to one possession games. We are their first road game of the season. It really is up to the coaching staff and the team to correct mistakes with penalties, turnovers and special teams. If we play a clean game, we have a good chance to pull the upset.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 26th, 2021, 10:11 am

Have to prevent the over the top passes on defense. They have made a few each game, most through misdirection or trickery. Bonner can't throw stupid interceptions and needs to be accurate in his throws.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » September 26th, 2021, 10:33 am

Boise laid out a winning game plan against us for the stench. The problem is that we cold have beaten their plan without the self inflicted mistakes and bad breaks. So if the stench tries to follow the BSU plan, and I think they will, we should be in a pretty good place. You think Blake doesn't know which one of our games is the most important game of the season?

BSU was a trap game.
Last edited by El Sapo on September 26th, 2021, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
AggieFBObsession

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » September 26th, 2021, 10:39 am

We need better pay calling to win against byu. Instead of running the same 3 plays all game. Try some misdirection or heaven forbid a trick play or 2 or 5, throw to the tight end, etc.

coolag

Post by coolag » September 26th, 2021, 11:24 am

El Sapo wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 10:33 am
Boise laid out a winning game plan against us for the stench. The problem is that we cold have beaten their plan without the self inflicted mistakes and bad breaks. So if the stench tries to follow the BSU plan, and I think they will, we should be in a pretty good place. You think Blake doesn't know which one of our games is the most important game of the season?

BSU was a trap game.
Not sure what you are getting at but the most important game of the season was yesterday and Blake and co. laid a big and I mean big steaming turd. Someday it would be nice if our fans subdued their boners for byu and realized a MWC championship should be goal #1. For the Aggies that goes through Boise State always has.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 2):
El Sapobrownjeans

Regulator of Class

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 26th, 2021, 11:39 am

El Sapo wrote:

BSU was a trap game.
Boise State hasn't been a "trap game" in 25 years. If the team overlooks Boise for anybody, they are either idiots or have just mentally decided they have no chance to win the MW. I think Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson have now passed them up, but there was a point a few years ago where Boise State had the best winning percentage of the 21st century in all of college football. I love beating byu and hate when people don't want to play our rivals, but Boise State is the biggest game on our schedule each year.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
El Sapo

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 26th, 2021, 11:54 am

coolag wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

BSU was a trap game.
Not sure what you are getting at but the most important game of the season was yesterday and Blake and co. laid a big and I mean big steaming turd. Someday it would be nice if our fans subdued their boners for byu and realized a MWC championship should be goal #1. For the Aggies that goes through Boise State always has.
I agree that Boise was the biggest game due to conference implications but there’s nothing wrong with someone putting more importance on the BYU game…..or on our first road P5 win in a while ….. or any other game. Some may feel that a chance of a conference title this year was slim to none to begin with so the Boise game is just another game. Maybe they have a lot of BYU or Wyoming or Nevada or Utah or (name your team) fans in their circle of friends and family and care more about those games. It’s not a crime to feel that way and doesn’t mean you are stupid.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
El Sapo

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 26th, 2021, 11:55 am

YouEssYou wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 10:39 am
We need better pay calling to win against byu. Instead of running the same 3 plays all game. Try some misdirection or heaven forbid a trick play or 2 or 5, throw to the tight end, etc.
You mean the fake punt didn't impress you?
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
El Sapo

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 26th, 2021, 11:57 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 11:39 am
El Sapo wrote:

BSU was a trap game.
Boise State hasn't been a "trap game" in 25 years. If the team overlooks Boise for anybody, they are either idiots or have just mentally decided they have no chance to win the MW. I think Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson have now passed them up, but there was a point a few years ago where Boise State had the best winning percentage of the 21st century in all of college football. I love beating byu and hate when people don't want to play our rivals, but Boise State is the biggest game on our schedule each year.

Absolutely, I live in Zoobville and I can’t stand YBU. I would take a win over the Donks over a YBU win any day.

Yes, I’ve been saying all season that YBU has looked beatable in every game they’ve played. Come on Ags.
Last edited by FL350Aggie on September 26th, 2021, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionAggie formerly in Hawaii

coolag

Post by coolag » September 26th, 2021, 11:58 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 11:54 am
coolag wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

BSU was a trap game.
I agree that Boise was the biggest game due to conference implications but there’s nothing wrong with someone putting more importance on the BYU game…..or on our first road P5 win in a while ….. or any other game. Some may feel that a chance of a conference title this year was slim to none to begin with so the Boise game is just another game. Maybe they have a lot of BYU or Wyoming or Nevada or Utah or (name your team) fans in their circle of friends and family and care more about those games. It’s not a crime to feel that way and doesn’t mean you are stupid.
Didn't say anyone was stupid. I would venture a guess that the majority of Aggie fans would prefer a win over byu than a MWC championship. That's their choice. But IMHO it's sad.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Regulator of Class

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 26th, 2021, 12:03 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 11:54 am
coolag wrote:
El Sapo wrote:

BSU was a trap game.
You are correct, everyone has a different reason wanting to win one game over another. Who am I to judge their reasoning.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 26th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Rivalry games in college football just pull different emotions than other games do. There’s a reason the Utah win in 2012 gets talked about and remembered more than the LA Tech win even though that one clinched the conference and Utah just ended up being a 5-7 team..

While I am also one of the those fans that would’ve taken a Boise win instead if given the choice, it bothers me if anyone is trying to undervalue this game coming up.. Beating a #13 ranked BYU in front of a packed Maverik Stadium would be MASSIVE for the program, coaches, players, fans, and momentum for the remainder of the season. This is a huge game. Non-conference or not.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » September 26th, 2021, 12:58 pm

MW Championship for me. I like beating byu-p, but being a conference champ means more to me. Byu-p is bragging rights and shutting them up, but that's about it for me.

Would anyone change the tourney Championship of our basketball team for a win over byu-p? I wouldn't. That said to each their own, we can't all be right all the time.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Go Aggies!

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » September 26th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Boise game is over. It was more important, but not now. BYU is a huge game and I hope we beat a ranked team and a rival. I have faith our coaches and team will come together and maybe, just maybe pull this one off!!! :rock:

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » September 26th, 2021, 1:13 pm

I was at the BYU game when they were ranked #18, Taysom for Heisman, and we were given no chance. I think we were -21 underdogs. My one and only time in that awful stadium. I refuse to go back because that experience will never be beat. I thought we had ZERO chance in that game..... I will not doubt again
These users thanked the author deltaaggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » September 26th, 2021, 1:27 pm

Something to hang in the Mav, we forgot to throw it up 😁

Just having a little fun, I don't want to fight anyone, so don't make it a thing.

Go Aggies!

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » September 26th, 2021, 1:42 pm

I was joking about the trap game, but in all seriousness, if you are BA and you look at our schedule like he did before we even played a game, and you consider the outcome of our season, how competitive we would be? Like he did. Remember? It was likely that the Aggies would only win 3-4 games this season. It's what the Mediots all predicted.

Given those 3-4 win expectations. Who would you rather beat? Which win keeps us fans happier? The stench or BSU?

I say the answer is beat the stench, and it isn't even close.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » September 26th, 2021, 2:19 pm

El Sapo wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 1:42 pm
I was joking about the trap game, but in all seriousness, if you are BA and you look at our schedule like he did before we even played a game, and you consider the outcome of our season, how competitive we would be? Like he did. Remember? It was likely that the Aggies would only win 3-4 games this season. It's what the Mediots all predicted.

Given those 3-4 win expectations. Who would you rather beat? Which win keeps us fans happier? The stench or BSU?

I say the answer is beat the stench, and it isn't even close.
*As he reads in confusion, he's pushes his beer away, clearly he's had too much.*

What??? So if you don't think you can win it all before the season then just beat byu, that's what I'm hearing here? This logic is hurting my brain. Why don't we just play the one game a year then and call it good?

Go Aggies!

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 26th, 2021, 2:22 pm

deltaaggie wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 1:13 pm
I was at the BYU game when they were ranked #18, Taysom for Heisman, and we were given no chance. I think we were -21 underdogs. My one and only time in that awful stadium. I refuse to go back because that experience will never be beat. I thought we had ZERO chance in that game..... I will not doubt again
Yes, I was there too. Absolutely epic. Playoff talk everywhere for YBU, they had such big heads and their fans were even worse. They had two “Power 5” wins that turned out to be nothing get excited about. USU had speedy and solid receivers and exploited it. Vigil was huge as well. I’m telling ya, this year feels very similar.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 26th, 2021, 2:27 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 2:22 pm
deltaaggie wrote:
Yes, I was there too. Absolutely epic. Playoff talk everywhere for YBU, they had such big heads and their fans were even worse. They had two “Power 5” wins that turned out to be nothing get excited about. USU had speedy and solid receivers and exploited it. Vigil was huge as well. I’m telling ya, this year feels very similar.
Do you think a win on Friday would trump the ‘14? win?

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » September 26th, 2021, 3:30 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 11:55 am
YouEssYou wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 10:39 am
You mean the fake punt didn't impress you?
Like my hero said, "You've got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em..."

But seriously, my comment was meant to be limited to offense. Our special teams were "special" enough yesterday without doing anything crazy. ;)

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 26th, 2021, 7:11 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
deltaaggie wrote:
Tough call. Beating them on Provo, national trophy in the house, jimmy Mac house honored….

Still beating them as they think they are P5, big league, high rated in front of a packed Romney will be great, especially to see the Romney boys tuck tail in the real Romney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » September 26th, 2021, 9:01 pm

Honestly, if you replaced the stretch with any other non conference team that's coming to our house ranked and undefeated, they're will be a ton of fans putting more importance on that game than the donks.

Given how this year has gone, which win would give us more talk in the national media? I feel we wouldn't have as much talk beating a 1-2 Donk team as we would if we beat the stench Friday. So I get why some feel that this game is more important. For the record, I still feel like the Donk game was more important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » September 26th, 2021, 10:22 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 2:27 pm
FL350Aggie wrote:
deltaaggie wrote:

I would say 2014 would trump this year. USU hadn’t won in Provo for decades before that. For me it truly signaled that Aggie football was back.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 26th, 2021, 10:27 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 10:22 pm
SwaggieAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 2:27 pm
FL350Aggie wrote:
deltaaggie wrote:

I would say 2014 would trump this year. USU hadn’t won in Provo for decades before that. For me it truly signaled that Aggie football was back.
Yeah winning on Jim McMahon night in Provo against a top 20 team, ending Taysom Hill's (fake) Heisman candidacy and byu's (fake) playoff push was awesome to see.

A win this year would be pretty special though. Not only once again ending their perfect season, but if we win, an 11-1 season is very possible. We would be favored in our remaining 7 games and probably almost all of them by double digits.

Locked Previous topicNext topic