Kingsley Suamataia

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggiefan160
Posts: 570
Joined: December 12th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Aggiefan160 » October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am




aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 7:43 am

Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Um no. I'm sure he's received revelation that he's needed in pwovo.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
utahcountyaggie



Aggiefan160
Posts: 570
Joined: December 12th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Aggiefan160 » October 27th, 2021, 7:44 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:43 am
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Um no. I'm sure he's received revelation that he's needed in pwovo.
I was afraid of that. :puke:
These users thanked the author Aggiefan160 for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 7:45 am

Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:44 am
aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:43 am
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Um no. I'm sure he's received revelation that he's needed in pwovo.
I was afraid of that. :puke:
It really is disgusting.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
utahcountyaggie



swordsman1989
Posts: 1351
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by swordsman1989 » October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am

How long does he have to sit out?



Aggie84025
Posts: 4619
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 1708 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Aggie84025 » October 27th, 2021, 9:02 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am
How long does he have to sit out?
He should not have to sit out any time. With out graduating a player can transfer 1 time with no sit out penalty. At least that is how i understand it.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 9:27 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:02 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am
How long does he have to sit out?
He should not have to sit out any time. With out graduating a player can transfer 1 time with no sit out penalty. At least that is how i understand it.
This is correct.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 9283
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 672 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Imakeitrain » October 27th, 2021, 9:41 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:27 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:02 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am
How long does he have to sit out?
He should not have to sit out any time. With out graduating a player can transfer 1 time with no sit out penalty. At least that is how i understand it.
This is correct.
I can’t be the only one that read this in Chris Farley’s voice.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

swordsman1989
Posts: 1351
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 307 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by swordsman1989 » October 27th, 2021, 10:00 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:02 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am
How long does he have to sit out?
He should not have to sit out any time. With out graduating a player can transfer 1 time with no sit out penalty. At least that is how i understand it.
So would he be eligible immediately to play the remainder of the season? How does that work? Don't they have to be students in order to play? How do they enroll halfway through a semester?



Aggie84025
Posts: 4619
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 1708 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Aggie84025 » October 27th, 2021, 10:08 am

Not sure to be honest. He will for sure be eligible for next season.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 11:04 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 10:00 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:02 am
swordsman1989 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 8:59 am
How long does he have to sit out?
He should not have to sit out any time. With out graduating a player can transfer 1 time with no sit out penalty. At least that is how i understand it.
So would he be eligible immediately to play the remainder of the season? How does that work? Don't they have to be students in order to play? How do they enroll halfway through a semester?
He couldn't step in and play in 2021.



Slim80
Posts: 219
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Slim80 » October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
AggieFBObsessionAggie19Agezzz



Slim80
Posts: 219
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Slim80 » October 27th, 2021, 1:40 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
That school sucks.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 2):
aggies22Agezzz



FalseStart
Posts: 9
Joined: September 19th, 2021, 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by FalseStart » October 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
I mean 2 of the top 3 recruits for the 2022 class are Utah county. I don’t think there are any red flags with Utah county other than they may want to play at BYU? Hardly a red flag



Agezzz
Posts: 226
Joined: September 14th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Agezzz » October 27th, 2021, 2:46 pm

FalseStart wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
I mean 2 of the top 3 recruits for the 2022 class are Utah county. I don’t think there are any red flags with Utah county other than they may want to play at BYU? Hardly a red flag
How much did your blinders cost you???? :headscratch:



FalseStart
Posts: 9
Joined: September 19th, 2021, 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by FalseStart » October 27th, 2021, 2:53 pm

Agezzz wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:46 pm
FalseStart wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
I mean 2 of the top 3 recruits for the 2022 class are Utah county. I don’t think there are any red flags with Utah county other than they may want to play at BYU? Hardly a red flag
How much did your blinders cost you???? :headscratch:
Blinders? What blinders? I’m realistic. Utah county and salt lake county are the 2 most important counties in recruiting for usu.
These users thanked the author FalseStart for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2494
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 27th, 2021, 3:12 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
Aggies22, Slim80 and Aggiefan have made a rock solid take here. Only playing in one game and he is packing it in? So what is the back story here?
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 1710
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 2875 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by AggieFBObsession » October 27th, 2021, 5:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
What does it say about a kid's judgement when that's the best choice he can make. Don't let the door hit you on the a🎯!



Aggie19
Posts: 1271
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 1055 times
Been thanked: 745 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Aggie19 » October 27th, 2021, 8:30 pm

FalseStart wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
I mean 2 of the top 3 recruits for the 2022 class are Utah county. I don’t think there are any red flags with Utah county other than they may want to play at BYU? Hardly a red flag
That's is exactly THE red flag.

I think taking a double look at any kid that comes from Utah county, is LDS and their family is huge byu supporters, it's the prudent thing to do. Not saying not recruit those kids, but if you're not a little skeptical, I think that's a mistake
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
Agezzz


Go Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 10:02 pm

FalseStart wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:53 pm
Agezzz wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:46 pm
FalseStart wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:35 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 7:38 am
Any chance we could get him?

https://www.deseret.com/2021/10/26/2274 ... -orem-high
Do we want to get him? Sure he’s a 5 star recruit and obviously holds some promise, but he barely even made it through half a season before transferring. That is a red flag to me. There needs to be one hell of a good reason and I mean one hell of a good reason for him to make that decision for me to not be critical of it.
The red flag here is the red flag that everyone should have when trying to recruit utah county.
I mean 2 of the top 3 recruits for the 2022 class are Utah county. I don’t think there are any red flags with Utah county other than they may want to play at BYU? Hardly a red flag
How much did your blinders cost you???? :headscratch:
Blinders? What blinders? I’m realistic. Utah county and salt lake county are the 2 most important counties in recruiting for usu.
Chase Tuatagaloa has wanted to be an Aggie his entire high school career. The Aggie coaching staff did an incredible job pulling Kao Hansen out of Lone Peak.



slcagg
Posts: 9026
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2382 times
Been thanked: 1756 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by slcagg » October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm

BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » October 28th, 2021, 6:35 am

slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
In the meantime, I hope they lose every game on their schedule for the rest of my life. That or finally get busted for tampering.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
HootslcaggJSHarveyAgezzz



slcagg
Posts: 9026
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2382 times
Been thanked: 1756 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by slcagg » October 28th, 2021, 7:17 am

aggies22 wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 6:35 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
In the meantime, I hope they lose every game on their schedule for the rest of my life. That or finally get busted for tampering.
Couldn’t agree more. Just saying that we are already seeing this and this kid is the perfect example.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22



gomretat
Posts: 815
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by gomretat » October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am

slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
Unfortunately what you are saying about BYU recruiting seems to be true. And I keep hearing the narrative that the the B12 will drop out of the P5 but I am not seeing it. Many love to say the same thing about the PAC I2 as a lesser conference but all you need to do is follow the money and there will still be conferences that have a clear financial advantage. I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust. I keep hoping that something will happen that will cause the B12 to reconsider inviting BYU.
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
slcagg



tinplater
Posts: 689
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by tinplater » October 28th, 2021, 8:12 am

slcagg wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:17 am
aggies22 wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 6:35 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
In the meantime, I hope they lose every game on their schedule for the rest of my life. That or finally get busted for tampering.
I take it further...I hope they play to a scoreless tie with infinite OT's for the rest of my life.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 2220
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 682 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 28th, 2021, 8:18 am

BYU-P going to the B12 should help our recruiting and hurt Utah recruiting. BYU-P will have a higher target now and some of those top Utah HS recruits and LDS that went out of state for P5 gigs will stay in state thus leaving better leftovers for us.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
JSHarvey



slcagg
Posts: 9026
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2382 times
Been thanked: 1756 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by slcagg » October 28th, 2021, 8:29 am

gomretat wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
Unfortunately what you are saying about BYU recruiting seems to be true. And I keep hearing the narrative that the the B12 will drop out of the P5 but I am not seeing it. Many love to say the same thing about the PAC I2 as a lesser conference but all you need to do is follow the money and there will still be conferences that have a clear financial advantage. I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust. I keep hoping that something will happen that will cause the B12 to reconsider inviting BYU.
Good points. I just don’t think they will be equal to the big 10 and sec especially with their two money programs going to the sec. but that’s the case currently, so can see your point.

With the current construct of the upcoming big12, BYU has the potential to do really well in that conference. Hate to say it, because I don’t want to see those guys do well.



Slim80
Posts: 219
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Slim80 » October 29th, 2021, 5:37 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 8:29 am
gomretat wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
Unfortunately what you are saying about BYU recruiting seems to be true. And I keep hearing the narrative that the the B12 will drop out of the P5 but I am not seeing it. Many love to say the same thing about the PAC I2 as a lesser conference but all you need to do is follow the money and there will still be conferences that have a clear financial advantage. I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust. I keep hoping that something will happen that will cause the B12 to reconsider inviting BYU.
Good points. I just don’t think they will be equal to the big 10 and sec especially with their two money programs going to the sec. but that’s the case currently, so can see your point.

With the current construct of the upcoming big12, BYU has the potential to do really well in that conference. Hate to say it, because I don’t want to see those guys do well.
The reworked Big XII will be a lesser Pac12 when it comes to football. They make fun of the Pac12 and their football suck, well buckle up Coogs cause your hoping on a train that is worse.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post:
AggieFBObsession



slcagg
Posts: 9026
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2382 times
Been thanked: 1756 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by slcagg » October 29th, 2021, 9:36 pm

Slim80 wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 5:37 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 8:29 am
gomretat wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
Unfortunately what you are saying about BYU recruiting seems to be true. And I keep hearing the narrative that the the B12 will drop out of the P5 but I am not seeing it. Many love to say the same thing about the PAC I2 as a lesser conference but all you need to do is follow the money and there will still be conferences that have a clear financial advantage. I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust. I keep hoping that something will happen that will cause the B12 to reconsider inviting BYU.
Good points. I just don’t think they will be equal to the big 10 and sec especially with their two money programs going to the sec. but that’s the case currently, so can see your point.

With the current construct of the upcoming big12, BYU has the potential to do really well in that conference. Hate to say it, because I don’t want to see those guys do well.
The reworked Big XII will be a lesser Pac12 when it comes to football. They make fun of the Pac12 and their football suck, well buckle up Coogs cause your hoping on a train that is worse.
Really good points. The pac 12 have 3 marquee programs in usc and oregon. The reworked b12 has no program close to those is value and thus why they will not be on the same level as the other 4 programs.

However my point is current recruits (17 year old kids) will view it as a p5 opportunity. I think it will take a few years for kids to realize the big 12 isn’t p5 level. Just an opinion.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AggieFBObsession



Slim80
Posts: 219
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by Slim80 » October 29th, 2021, 11:51 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 9:36 pm
Slim80 wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 5:37 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 8:29 am
gomretat wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:28 pm
BYU going to the big12 is huge for their recruiting as now they will probably be the favorite for a lot of poly recruits in Utah instead of Utah. When Utah went to the pac12 it let them be the automatic top dog, but now these kids will view BYU much more favorably. However that is under the belief that many of these young men think they are playing in a p5 level conference. Once it is realized that the b12 has become a glorified g5, think it will change opinions for the top recruits. Just may take a few years.
Unfortunately what you are saying about BYU recruiting seems to be true. And I keep hearing the narrative that the the B12 will drop out of the P5 but I am not seeing it. Many love to say the same thing about the PAC I2 as a lesser conference but all you need to do is follow the money and there will still be conferences that have a clear financial advantage. I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust. I keep hoping that something will happen that will cause the B12 to reconsider inviting BYU.
Good points. I just don’t think they will be equal to the big 10 and sec especially with their two money programs going to the sec. but that’s the case currently, so can see your point.

With the current construct of the upcoming big12, BYU has the potential to do really well in that conference. Hate to say it, because I don’t want to see those guys do well.
The reworked Big XII will be a lesser Pac12 when it comes to football. They make fun of the Pac12 and their football suck, well buckle up Coogs cause your hoping on a train that is worse.
Really good points. The pac 12 have 3 marquee programs in usc and oregon. The reworked b12 has no program close to those is value and thus why they will not be on the same level as the other 4 programs.

However my point is current recruits (17 year old kids) will view it as a p5 opportunity. I think it will take a few years for kids to realize the big 12 isn’t p5 level. Just an opinion.
I agree with your take on that.
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post:
slcagg



TrueBlueAggie123
Posts: 293
Joined: October 14th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 5th, 2021, 10:33 am

He just announced that he’s transferring to BYU, and he somehow already has an NIL deal with a solar business down there.




aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12520
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8899 times
Been thanked: 6133 times
Contact:

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by aggies22 » November 5th, 2021, 10:46 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 5th, 2021, 10:33 am
He just announced that he’s transferring to BYU, and he somehow already has an NIL deal with a solar business down there.

Doesn't the Lord work in mysterious ways? I called this one the second he hit the portal.



User avatar
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 1710
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 2875 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 5th, 2021, 10:54 am

The Lord works in mysterious ways??? The Lord couldn't pay me enough to work or go to that sh!t hole of a "school" in Pwovo.

Sometimes greed can deceive you into doing things that are not good for the soul.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 1710
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 2875 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 5th, 2021, 11:00 am

gomretat wrote:
October 28th, 2021, 7:59 am
I can see the P5 being blown up with conference realignment but short of that, the B12 will stay a member of the upper crust.
Why would the P4 (now including Oklahoma and Texas) want to invite YBU, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor to the party?

I'll give you one example to chew on. Cincinnati this year is undefeated and will likely be undefeated by season's end. What makes you think that the rigged CFB rankings will allow them to be part of the 4-team playoff by season's end? If the P4 were inclusive in their mentality they wouldn't have any trouble letting Cincinnati be part of the 4-team playoff, just as they are for Oregon who is playing for a P12 title. And we all know the P12 is nothing special in terms of competitiveness compared to the SEC or B10. The difference is that the P12 controls the Pacific time zone that the P4 can't afford to lose. Therefore, they're happy to throw Oregon a bone if necessary. At the end of the day, it's a business.

Also, remember that Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M have no desire to share the Texas market with the likes of Texas Tech and Baylor or anyone else.

The Big 12 not getting invited to the party is all but a done deal.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic