When was it or what game was it that

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
troutputz
RIP

When was it or what game was it that

Post by troutputz » November 10th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Made you realize that this season would be a wash?

For me, as I look back in retrospect, I believe it was the LA TECH game. I figured if we win this game we would win 6 games this year! But we didn't, and as they say, "The rest is history". A lot of people thought that we would beat San Diego State. Do you realize that San Diego State is 7-2 and is Bowl eligible? Yes they will be 7-3 after TCU but nonetheless, I really felt that had we beaten LA Tech, momentum would have carried with a win over Hawaii, and thus would have given us 6 wins over D1 competition.
But of course, I assummed that with a win over LA Tech that we would also beat San Jose and Idaho of which we still can, but it looks like a crap shoot right now, with me not knowing anything about craps!

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: When was it or what game was it that

Post by BigBlueDart » November 11th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Yeah, it was LaTech for me, too. Even a loss there I would have understood, but we were just so... flat... in that game. A trend that continued in the Hawai'i game and the first half against Nevada.

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 11th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Once we lost to FSU I had an inkling that things were going south. At that point it was evident that injuries would be the theme for this season.

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

superaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by superaggie » November 11th, 2010, 5:23 pm

When we lost almost every starter to injury. It was almost like an epidemic to where even Gary had to take one for the team to beat BYU. I have never seen anything like this season injury wise in my long history of following the aggies and college football. Next year to solve this problem I am going to donate large quantities of bubble wrap.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 11th, 2010, 6:04 pm

The La. Tech game was devastating. We had all of the momentum after BYU and completely fell on our @#$.

I remember over on the scout board being asked if less wins with a win over BYU would be acceptable. I now know the answer to that question.

aggiefan444

Post by aggiefan444 » November 11th, 2010, 6:12 pm

We were still in it for the season until the embarrassing loss to La Tech. We cant win two in a row and cant win on the road. I Accept we are not the team anybody invisioned before the injuries but for some reason there seems to be a question on who the leaders are on this team. And it seems some of the seinors have called it a year, ie Randall. Randall at one time was our best CB, but he seems to get beat regulaly now. Next year will be different, no doubt, but 2 years will be the year the program estabilishes itself and cant wait. And one last thing Borel, with or with out a supporting cast, is never going to be a great QB, good not never great. Cant wait to see his replacement. We have the coaches and the faccilties and finally the recruiting, so theres nothing but good things to come to Aggie football.

Locked Previous topicNext topic