New Maverik Stadium seats

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
rAggie

New Maverik Stadium seats

Post by rAggie » January 14th, 2022, 12:07 pm

Looks like the chairbacks in Maverik Stadium are for sale and new chairbacks will be installed next year.

$50 each, they'll go on sale to the public next week, available to Aggies Unlimited members now.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 3):
newtonianblueflying_scotsman2.0IdaAg93

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Aggiecpa

Re: New Maverik Stadium seats

Post by Aggiecpa » January 14th, 2022, 3:20 pm

I wonder how this will work. None of those seats have legs. We just getting the plastic back and seat in two separate pieces? :lol:

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » January 14th, 2022, 3:45 pm

Aggiecpa wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 3:20 pm
I wonder how this will work. None of those seats have legs. We just getting the plastic back and seat in two separate pieces? :lol:
Yes. I believe that the athletics department will actually be paying us $50 to take on the plastic liability.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
ViAggie

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

coolag

Post by coolag » January 14th, 2022, 4:31 pm

rAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Looks like the chairbacks in Maverik Stadium are for sale and new chairbacks will be installed next year.

$50 each, they'll go on sale to the public next week, available to Aggies Unlimited members now.
Great but the spectrum needs them immensely.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 2):
AggieBlues918AGG

Regulator of Class

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » January 14th, 2022, 4:49 pm

coolag wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 4:31 pm
rAggie wrote:

I wonder how many seats the spectrum would actually lose by making them comfortable...? I wonder if the assessment has been done.
These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post:
ViAggie

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 14th, 2022, 5:29 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
coolag wrote:
rAggie wrote:

I wonder how many seats the spectrum would actually lose by making them comfortable...? I wonder if the assessment has been done.
A lot of the problem in the Spectrum is with leg room. To fix that you need to rip out the concrete and start over. BYU did that in the Marriott center but it wasn't cheap

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

LKGates

Post by LKGates » January 17th, 2022, 5:07 pm

rAggie wrote:

I'm an Aggies Unlimited member, and I hadn't heard about this. Do you have contact information? You can DM me.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
GaryTakeTheWheel

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » January 17th, 2022, 5:57 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
January 14th, 2022, 4:49 pm
coolag wrote:
rAggie wrote:

This has been discussed a lot on here before. One issue with the Spectrum that apparently is really holding back any improvements is that doing much more than slight changes around the edges would require bringing the Spectrum into compliance with the ADA. ADA compliance probably means adding a couple of zeros to the end of any budget estimate for the changes they actually want to make.

As much as I love the Spectrum, it would probably be better to replace it to make it more of a multifunctional building. If it is replaced, I really hope they do everything possible to maintain all of the aspects possible that make it such a great basketball venue.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post (total 2):
IntermeddlerMr. Sneelock

ManitobaAggie

Post by ManitobaAggie » January 18th, 2022, 4:11 pm

I wonder if they are re-pouring concrete for more legroom or just adding the same sized seats???

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » January 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm

bwcrc wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 5:57 pm
CaptainChaos wrote:
coolag wrote:
rAggie wrote:

This has been discussed a lot on here before. One issue with the Spectrum that apparently is really holding back any improvements is that doing much more than slight changes around the edges would require bringing the Spectrum into compliance with the ADA. ADA compliance probably means adding a couple of zeros to the end of any budget estimate for the changes they actually want to make.

As much as I love the Spectrum, it would probably be better to replace it to make it more of a multifunctional building. If it is replaced, I really hope they do everything possible to maintain all of the aspects possible that make it such a great basketball venue.
I love the Spectrum too, but it is likely nearing the end of its useful life. It would be a much better choice to replace it.

It is the fans that make the Spectrum what it is (or used to be really), not the building. The Spectrum hasn't been close what it was for probably a decade now.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 18th, 2022, 7:06 pm

LKGates wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 5:07 pm
rAggie wrote:

I'm an Aggies Unlimited member, and I hadn't heard about this. Do you have contact information? You can DM me.
Me too. I’m interested in installing two of these in my back yard. Info appreciated.

Full

Post by Full » January 18th, 2022, 9:03 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
January 18th, 2022, 4:16 pm
bwcrc wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 5:57 pm
CaptainChaos wrote:
coolag wrote:
rAggie wrote:

I love the Spectrum too, but it is likely nearing the end of its useful life. It would be a much better choice to replace it.

It is the fans that make the Spectrum what it is (or used to be really), not the building. The Spectrum hasn't been close what it was for probably a decade now.
There were a few points during Wyoming the Spectrum was loud and engaged, including the blue hairs. The effects of the changes in enrolment and the changes in the college experience have changed the way students engage with athletics. What I saw on Saturday was as good as any environment in basketball, but it's not going back.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » January 19th, 2022, 9:20 am

Here is the link to buy: https://e.givesmart.com/events/oXu/

Showing my True Colors since 2022

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 19th, 2022, 9:41 am

Aggiecpa wrote:
The seats will come with the steel legs that are mounted to the verticle concrete risers. You would have to figure some kind of support to make them free standing. There are a few along the concourse that have legs that would be self supporting

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 19th, 2022, 2:05 pm

Hopefully the new seats will have cup holders big enough to hold a 40 ozer

/s

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggieborn

Post by aggieborn » January 19th, 2022, 2:13 pm

What will the new chairs look like design wise. Are they getting a new design or colors, or are they keeping the dark blue with the white A

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 19th, 2022, 2:48 pm

I heard they want to match the spectrum with yellow, orange and brown, those colors are back in style.

Just joking I am pretty sure they will keep with aggie blue
These users thanked the author AGGIEFIGHT for the post (total 3):
BigBlueDartViAggieJSHarvey

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 19th, 2022, 3:13 pm

It will be interesting to see if they do away with the white "A" since that is a symbol set aside for the alumni association and not athletics.

I sort of think it gives off an MLS vibe and would like to see it go.

Aggiecpa

Post by Aggiecpa » January 19th, 2022, 5:09 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
January 19th, 2022, 9:41 am
Aggiecpa wrote:
The seats will come with the steel legs that are mounted to the verticle concrete risers. You would have to figure some kind of support to make them free standing. There are a few along the concourse that have legs that would be self supporting
Thanks for the info and good point about the free standing concourse seats. One more question. A single armrest is shared by two seats. I doubt that demand would preclude the seats sold from having two armrests, but wonder if each armrest is welded to a single seat’s steel frame. Kinda want to buy my late father-law’s seat for the deck, but also want it to be functional (with two armrests).
These users thanked the author Aggiecpa for the post:
aggies22

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 19th, 2022, 6:46 pm

what would work best would be to get an isle seat or seats and then pair it with a arm rest bracket from the oposite end of the row. All of the parts are interchangeable .

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2022, 7:02 pm

Aggiecpa wrote:
January 19th, 2022, 5:09 pm
AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
January 19th, 2022, 9:41 am
Aggiecpa wrote:
Thanks for the info and good point about the free standing concourse seats. One more question. A single armrest is shared by two seats. I doubt that demand would preclude the seats sold from having two armrests, but wonder if each armrest is welded to a single seat’s steel frame. Kinda want to buy my late father-law’s seat for the deck, but also want it to be functional (with two armrests).
That's pretty damn cool of you to keep him in mind!

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl

Post by Floppy Hat » January 25th, 2022, 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if they are still selling seats? The link above leads to a page saying more info will be coming soon.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 25th, 2022, 3:21 pm

I bought (hopefully) the seats that my son and I sat in for a number of years, and I got the confirmation email, but nothing since then. I'm trying to find out who to reach out to now!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 25th, 2022, 3:22 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:
January 25th, 2022, 2:29 pm
Does anyone know if they are still selling seats? The link above leads to a page saying more info will be coming soon.
The email I got said that the deadline to buy was January 24 at noon.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » January 25th, 2022, 7:41 pm

I bought two of the seats. I'm hoping for one blue and one white, but I'll take whatever I get. Next project is designing a frame to hold the vertical supports so they can actually be used for seating. I could see either a wooden or a metal frame. Anyone already have any design ideas? We have lots of clever engineers on this site.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Locked Previous topicNext topic