LA Tech game was 3rd worst FG% game of the season

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SweepDance

LA Tech game was 3rd worst FG% game of the season

Post by SweepDance » March 7th, 2011, 9:19 am

Was just looking over some box scores and stats, and realized that Saturday's game was the Aggies' third-worst performance of the season shooting the ball, at 41.0%. Only @Idaho and Northeastern were worse.

I'm not trying to find fault with a brilliant performace (particularly defensively), but just imagine how ugly that game could have been! Maybe due in part to the fact that it seemed like the refs were really letting them play. They seemed to let a lot go, especially in the paint. That led to more missed shots than usual--for both teams.

dogie

Re: LA Tech game was 3rd worst FG% game of the season

Post by dogie » March 7th, 2011, 9:59 am

SweepDance wrote:Was just looking over some box scores and stats, and realized that Saturday's game was the Aggies' third-worst performance of the season shooting the ball, at 41.0%. Only @Idaho and Northeastern were worse.

I'm not trying to find fault with a brilliant performace (particularly defensively), but just imagine how ugly that game could have been! Maybe due in part to the fact that it seemed like the refs were really letting them play. They seemed to let a lot go, especially in the paint. That led to more missed shots than usual--for both teams.
I'd like to know whether any D1 school in the country has been held to fewer than 30 points this season. If not, I'd like to know how long ago that last happened.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 7th, 2011, 11:36 am

dogie wrote:
SweepDance wrote:Was just looking over some box scores and stats, and realized that Saturday's game was the Aggies' third-worst performance of the season shooting the ball, at 41.0%. Only @Idaho and Northeastern were worse.

I'd like to know whether any D1 school in the country has been held to fewer than 30 points this season. If not, I'd like to know how long ago that last happened.
According to Kyle Whelliston's BasketballState (subscription only, so I can't post it), 30 is the lowest team score of the season (previous low: San Diego 31 at Gonzaga 68, Feb 26).

Nobody here knows anything.

MahlerFan1
Has thanked: 0

Post by MahlerFan1 » March 7th, 2011, 11:57 am

We missed a ton of shots toward the end of the first half. Had the lead been less than ten, it could have been a disaster.

trehogi74
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LA Tech game was 3rd worst FG% game of the seasonb

Post by trehogi74 » March 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm

I've been beating this drum for awhile... the aggies have got to make their shots to be a legitimate threat in the postseason. I think this team can win a few games in the dance but have to get great scoring from the wings. This offense creates open shots, just gotta hit em. USU will NOT win with defense only. The teams get too good and too athletic for us to rely on a good defensive effort only.

Locked Previous topicNext topic