Monday Morning QB

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Donman
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 10 times

Monday Morning QB

Post by Donman » March 19th, 2014, 9:47 am

Now that the season is over, what would you have liked Stew to have done differently.

Let's focus on players on team and how they could have been used differently, or different schemes that could have been used.

Don't cop out and say recruit better. Let's acknowledge that as a given.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MarioWest
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Monday Morning QB

Post by MarioWest » March 19th, 2014, 9:56 am

I would have liked to have seen Stew allow the players a little more leeway to gamble on defense. Nearly every single player on the team was sub-par defensively so selling out for a few steals would have been worth it since the players couldn't keep anyone in front of them anyway.

USUBlue
13=13
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by USUBlue » March 19th, 2014, 10:23 am

I would have played Jalen the whole year at the "3" - 15 minutes a night. Clifford could have taken his minutes at the 4

aggiesdotcom
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 19th, 2014, 10:28 am

I would have liked to see Stone and Shaw play the 5 and 4 on the court for 15 minutes a game. The size would be hard to defend or score on. Plus, when Shaw's lazy D were to set in, Stone would be another wall to run into at the rim.
I never got to see the lineup that I think would have been the hardest to match up against
G- Medlin
G- Butterfield
F- Moore
F- Shaw
C- Stone

brian5562
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Post by brian5562 » March 19th, 2014, 10:43 am

I would of played Marcel and Roland together at least a few times. I would have played Moore at the 3 and only at the 3. I wouldn't have run the pick and roll with Shaw as much as they did considering he kept popping out to shoot that jumper.

hipsterdoofus21
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 19th, 2014, 11:31 am

I would've not only played Moore at the 3, but I would've had him start at the 3. He would've only played 15-20 min a game there, but that would've allowed for Medlin to come off the bench and be the energy and instant offense guy. Let's face it, Medlin would typically only score in bunches anyway, so let him fill the Green role. As for Moore, yes he would've given up some defensively, but it's not like Butter or Medlin were staying in front of guys either. Clifford and as was mentioned Shaw could've backed up KD.

I would've also played JoJo more throughout the year and especially during the OOC.

I think the coaches should've made the decision early on who the starting PG was going to be and just stuck with it. Roland played much better when he knew Marcel wasn't going to be playing. Imagine if he would've started the year with the understanding that he was the guy, 25-30 min per night, and he didn't need to look over at the bench every time he made a mistake.

We did some press at the end of some games that was effective. I would've liked to have seen us use that at times to surprise teams and get some turnovers.

Locked Previous topicNext topic