Sources: Kyle Davis is gone.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Mr. Sneelock
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 55 times

Sources: Kyle Davis is gone.

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 20th, 2014, 11:05 am

Believe me or not, it doesn't really matter to me. I a not just seeking attention.

We have a serious problem here, folks.
Last edited by Mr. Sneelock on March 20th, 2014, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

aggieguy13
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Sources: Kyle Davis is gone.

Post by aggieguy13 » March 20th, 2014, 11:07 am

I hate hate hate this but I can confirm it.

brian5562
Been liked: 24 times

Post by brian5562 » March 20th, 2014, 11:10 am

Time to stop being ostriches.

ineptimusprime
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by ineptimusprime » March 20th, 2014, 11:11 am

great-ships-the-titanic.jpg

Roy McAvoy
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 271 times

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 20th, 2014, 11:12 am

So, where is he going to go??

This basically guarantees moore will be a 4 next season. So does that mean he is gone too? Great, usu going is going to play next season with an entire roster of guards! :rock:

Also, If I were stew I would call Chris Reyes right now and guarantee him a starting spot.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on March 20th, 2014, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 20th, 2014, 11:14 am

We are either recruiting a bunch of pussies or we have a coaching problem. Either one is bad.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 20th, 2014, 11:16 am

No matter how you paint it, we have a coaching problem. Recruiting is part of coaching.

Flying_Scotsman8
Been liked: 0

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » March 20th, 2014, 11:19 am

Interesting. Don't go Kyle...

therealaggies

Post by therealaggies » March 20th, 2014, 11:20 am

OUCH!!!!!! Your program is a mess right now. Hopefully, you guys can get it turned around.

cval
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cval » March 20th, 2014, 11:20 am

Hate to say it if true, but three different programs in three seasons of play says more about him than it does about any of those programs. I hope it turns out well for him, but I think he is making a mistake, personally and for his standing as a student athlete.

NowhereLandAggie
Been liked: 5 times

Post by NowhereLandAggie » March 20th, 2014, 11:21 am

Well that sucks. Not sure what else to say, except to wait for an official release I guess.

He was even getting substantial minutes, and would have next year, even as a backup.

BTW reporting a player leaving is not seeking attention, saying that a bunch of players graduating and using up their eligibility as defecting is. (Big difference)

JonnyCienPesos
Been liked: 37 times

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 20th, 2014, 11:23 am

The staff is in survival mode right now. They are trying desperately to convince others to stay. It is an uncomfortable situation for Stew to say the least. But there is a reason why so many offers are being extended right now. We are in danger of losing nearly everyone at this point.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » March 20th, 2014, 11:25 am

Oh my goodness, it looks like some people are finally starting to pull their heads out.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 20th, 2014, 11:26 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:The staff is in survival mode right now. They are trying desperately to convince others to stay. It is an uncomfortable situation for Stew to say the least. But there is a reason why so many offers are being extended right now. We are in danger of losing nearly everyone at this point.
:shock:

USUBlue
13=13
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by USUBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:27 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:The staff is in survival mode right now. They are trying desperately to convince others to stay. It is an uncomfortable situation for Stew to say the least. But there is a reason why so many offers are being extended right now. We are in danger of losing nearly everyone at this point.
The problem is they continue to recruit undersized wings, and we need about 3 post players.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 20th, 2014, 11:29 am

USUBlue wrote:
The problem is they continue to recruit undersized wings, and we need about 3 post players.
True...but there is a reason.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:31 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
That's the point, there is Never a reason to recruit undersized wings. We are playing against players on the wings that are 6-6 to 6-8. Moore is the right size for a wing, and has ball skills. He needs to develop his defense and quickness, not put on 30 lbs.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 20th, 2014, 11:33 am

USUBlue wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
That's the point, there is Never a reason to recruit undersized wings. We are playing against players on the wings that are 6-6 to 6-8. Moore is the right size for a wing, and has ball skills. He needs to develop his defense and quickness, not put on 30 lbs.
My bad. I misread your post. There is a reason they are continuing to recruit wings. (I missed the "undersized" part of your post).

Aglicious
Site Admin
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by Aglicious » March 20th, 2014, 11:33 am

I liked Kyle's effort and willingness to play when it was obvious he was injured but I was not sure about relying on him at the 4 moving forward. We need to get bigger and much more athletic at the 4 and this allows the opportunity to do so. Still, I was hoping the rumors were false and that Kyle could be a backup that could contribute some good minutes in relief. Perhaps this scenario was discussed and he didn't like it or perhaps it's due to other reasons entirely. In any case, we need a Ryan Martin type player like yesterday; a 6'-8" player that has an inside and outside game and can bring the athleticism that we need.

3rdGenAggie
2016 Kickoff Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 20th, 2014, 11:34 am

cval wrote:Hate to say it if true, but three different programs in three seasons of play says more about him than it does about any of those programs. I hope it turns out well for him, but I think he is making a mistake, personally and for his standing as a student athlete.

It sucks very, very much that he's leaving, but this is true. Let's see if KD can stay at a program for more than one year at his next school.
Last edited by 3rdGenAggie on March 20th, 2014, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right."
-Thomas Paine

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 20th, 2014, 11:35 am

swishh_15 wrote:So, where is he going to go??
Possibly BYU. He has a redshirt year and would have 2 to play 2.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

therealaggies

Post by therealaggies » March 20th, 2014, 11:38 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
He'll end up at Utah Valley. Watch!!!!!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 20th, 2014, 11:40 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:
cval wrote:Hate to say it if true, but three different programs in three seasons of play says more about him than it does about any of those programs. I hope it turns out well for him, but I think he is making a mistake, personally and for his standing as a student athlete.

It sucks very, very much that he's leaving, but this is true. Let's see, if by some miracle, KD can stay at a program for more than one year at his next school.
Oh, please.

If it were just KD considering leaving, I might have bought this. But Stone and Berger have officially left, and it sounds like everyone else is considering it too.

Also, do we have any indication that KD left SUU because he hated it there? I thought he left to play for a higher level team? A guy that successfully completed a two-year mission and played through injury this year seems like a poor candidate for the prima donna role, but maybe that's just me.

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 20th, 2014, 11:40 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
It seems to me like byu goes though about 25 scholarships a year. They ALWAYS have more scholarships. I wonder if half their team is on academic. It's annoying.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right."
-Thomas Paine

3rdGenAggie

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 20th, 2014, 11:41 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

It sucks very, very much that he's leaving, but this is true. Let's see, if by some miracle, KD can stay at a program for more than one year at his next school.
Oh, please.

If it were just KD considering leaving, I might have bought this. But Stone and Berger have officially left, and it sounds like everyone else is considering it too.

Also, do we have any indication that KD left SUU because he hated it there? I thought he left to play for a higher level team? A guy that successfully completed a two-year mission and played through injury this year seems like a poor candidate for the prima donna role, but maybe that's just me.
Just going off of the hard evidence we have so far...

I'll be happy to be wrong.

-Thomas Paine

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:42 am

BYU has no room for him. I'm very surprised by this, he fits the mold for a Stew post player. He had nice athletic ability, toughness, etc. He needed to better develop his ball and offensive post skills, but that was doable. And he would have been a significant part of the rebuilding. Hmmm!

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:44 am

Of course I was surprised by Stone leaving too.

cval

Post by cval » March 20th, 2014, 11:44 am

I have defended Berger, and even Stone leaving as, to some extent explainable and even understandable, but if this is true, Kyle Davis gets no such pass. He is giving up an opportunity to be an integral part of the program as it moves forward into a new era. This makes him look weak minded and afraid of being pushed in order to get better. What is he afraid of? Did someone hurt his feelings? Is the competition too hard?

This, if true, reflects very poorly on him personally. (I know we don't know the whole story, but it is much harder to come up with a logical and defensible explanation on this one).
Last edited by cval on March 20th, 2014, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying_Scotsman8

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » March 20th, 2014, 11:45 am

We basically need Ryan Martin now. We only have Collette and Jones now. I want Jalen at the 3. If he is forced to play the 4 we are acting like a high school team.

BYU is also bringing in about 3 4* recruits. I don't know how interested they'd be in Davis.

aggiesdidwhat
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by aggiesdidwhat » March 20th, 2014, 11:50 am

Wow....there is clearly something wrong. But the 1 consistent for USU BBall of the last few years has been COACHES. LOSING A TON OF PLAYERS. It's more then just kids being yelled and and can't take it. Clearly an issue. But we can keep ripping on the players and saying they are soft. Or we can clean house and just see what happens. Hard to say I sure don't know.

VegasAggie71

Post by VegasAggie71 » March 20th, 2014, 11:50 am

From Goon:

@kylegoon can you confirm Kyle Davis is also leaving the team?
Expand

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 34s

I've heard the rumor but I have not been able to confirm one way or the other yet.

brownjeans
Flatulent
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 238 times

Post by brownjeans » March 20th, 2014, 11:52 am

3rdGenAggie wrote: Just going off of the hard evidence we have so far...

I'll be happy to be wrong.
Except it only focuses on the hard evidence for Kyle Davis and ignores the hard evidence of the continuing trend of losing about half of all recruiting classes in one year or less. But I guess picking and choosing the facts you need is common to those who scramble to protect their ethos when it is at risk.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:53 am

It appears that people are getting tired of fitting a "role" on the team. It might be that K. Davis saw himself as more of a 3 also -- there have been some statements from others close to him that he wants to be able to shoot from outside. Certainly that would be the case with Moore, etc. This is a recruiting problem . . don't bring in a kid that thinks he's a wing and play him with his back to the basket; don't bring in undersized SF's, don't bring in slow PG's or Combo guards to play PG. Don't bring in a post player in a Stew system that wants to shoot 15 foot jump shots. In short, recruit the right fit for your needs.

NowhereLandAggie
Been liked: 5 times

Post by NowhereLandAggie » March 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

VegasAggie71 wrote:From Goon:

@kylegoon can you confirm Kyle Davis is also leaving the team?
Expand

Kyle Goon ‏@kylegoon 34s

I've heard the rumor but I have not been able to confirm one way or the other yet.
I wonder if the coaches are trying to talk him out of it, so no one is confirming yet.

It may turn out that he doesn't end up leaving. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if he did.)

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 20th, 2014, 11:56 am

USUBlue wrote:It appears that people are getting tired of fitting a "role" on the team. It might be that K. Davis saw himself as more of a 3 also -- there have been some statements from others close to him that he wants to be able to shoot from outside. Certainly that would be the case with Moore, etc. This is a recruiting problem . . don't bring in a kid that thinks he's a wing and play him with his back to the basket; don't bring in undersized SF's, don't bring in slow PG's or Combo guards to play PG. Don't bring in a post player in a Stew system that wants to shoot 15 foot jump shots. In short, recruit the right fit for your needs.
If KD thinks he is a wing he is delusional.

Locked Previous topicNext topic