Lack of assistant turnover, at least lately

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tbadge
Has thanked: 0

Lack of assistant turnover, at least lately

Post by tbadge » March 25th, 2014, 12:35 pm

The more I think about the dominating story/stories this last week with the various players leaving I can't help but think about the assistant coaches and perhaps a perceived lack of outside opportunities for them.

What I'm trying to say is if you look at the football program and it starting to become a solid winning program there seems to be consistent rumors about another school offering various USU assistants a chance for a higher paying position, a promotion, or both. I don't have the numbers but it seems like USU football is losing at least one assistant coach a year (not counting Coach A and other coaches leaving to Wisconsin). If you couple that with rumors of other assistants being mentioned, interviewed, or potentially in the running for outside opportunities we have to recognize that the assistant coaches for the football program are sought after.

Contrast that with the bball program asst turnover. Is it normal that a winning program for the last several years has low assistant turnover or is it a telling sign (e.g. they're not sought after coaches)?

Donman

Re: Lack of assistant turnover, at least lately

Post by Donman » March 25th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Jones was a finalist for the Idaho State job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » March 25th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Perhaps we are paying them alot alot of money in the basketball end of things? I mean lose a defensive line coach for football who was making $48,000 to I believe Vanderbilt (???) where gets $180,000. So maybe our assistants are getting fat cat wages and no need to move on. Just a tongue in cheek exercise in response to a very interesting question. That is odd.

diehardaggiefan
Been thanked: 0

Post by diehardaggiefan » March 25th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Donman wrote:Jones was a finalist for the Idaho State job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
And he couldn't get a job with a terrible big sky team. Too bad, would have loved it if he got the job.

Logan, Utah; the site of the 2014 MW Championship game.

Locked Previous topicNext topic