2014-2015 Season Tickets

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

2014-2015 Season Tickets

Post by andytheaggie » July 4th, 2014, 9:43 am

I just graduated, so this will be my first year purchasing season tickets. Would anyone be interested in splitting a pair of season tix for MBB? After the large purchase for the football season tickets, not sure that my wife will let me spend that kind of money on tickets for basketball. For football, I donated $200 to the BBSF (this donation carries over to basketball, correct?) If there's another couple that's donated for football, we could probably get pretty decent seats--I'm thinking the gray area in section W or C. Let me know if anyone's interested... Thanks!

USUBlue
13=13

Re: 2014-2015 Season Tickets

Post by USUBlue » July 4th, 2014, 11:16 am

Love you enthusiasm -- getting season tickets is a privilege every year and a good deal even with the donation. One word of caution, I don't think the AD allows you to "share" donations for purposes of buying season tickets. While you can split the costs of the tickets (the AD doesn't care or know), but the tickets have to be in someone's name and sharing donations to get better seats won't work I don't think.

BigVBAg
Been thanked: 0

Post by BigVBAg » July 6th, 2014, 9:48 am

USUBlue wrote:Love you enthusiasm -- getting season tickets is a privilege every year and a good deal even with the donation. One word of caution, I don't think the AD allows you to "share" donations for purposes of buying season tickets. While you can split the costs of the tickets (the AD doesn't care or know), but the tickets have to be in someone's name and sharing donations to get better seats won't work I don't think.
Correct. However, one way to bypass this is for each of you to buy one of the tickets. That's how I did it when I first bought basketball tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89LaytonAg

Post by 89LaytonAg » July 7th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Where will you be living during basketball season? Cache Valley, Wasatch Front, other? this may affect sharing. The sharing could be made to work a couple different ways.

kofdog

Post by kofdog » July 7th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Wait, though, isn't the question if a big blue donation to Football can then we used as your donation to basketball? I didn't think that was possible is it?

mwburn

Post by mwburn » July 7th, 2014, 4:03 pm

kofdog wrote:Wait, though, isn't the question if a big blue donation to Football can then we used as your donation to basketball? I didn't think that was possible is it?
Yes, your BBSF donation applies to either/both.

Twitter: mwburn

andytheaggie

Post by andytheaggie » July 7th, 2014, 4:04 pm

89LaytonAg wrote:Where will you be living during basketball season? Cache Valley, Wasatch Front, other? this may affect sharing. The sharing could be made to work a couple different ways.
I'll be in cache valley, and I'd be able to share the tickets in any convenient way... I'm pretty flexible. I was originally planning on just having the two seats purchased separately, so it doesn't look like we are combining bbsf donations to get better seats. Not sure if the AD would frown upon this. I figure they'll be getting butts in the seat, which is important, especially for a year like this.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » July 8th, 2014, 1:30 pm

If you have paid your big blue donation, and your seat mate has paid their big blue donation, what difference does it make? You or he can buy as many seats as authorized at that specific level of giving.

Locked Previous topicNext topic