Rector is good

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
andytheaggie
Has thanked: 0

Rector is good

Post by andytheaggie » November 13th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Excited to have him! He's able to penetrate at will, and he's had some sick passes. It's so nice to have someone who can handle the ball.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Re: Rector is good

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 13th, 2015, 8:59 pm

Agreed! He's the reason we win tonight! On the other side- Jalen Moore is the worst, most boring, least hardworking all-conference player I've ever seen. His effort on the basketball court is disgraceful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 13th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Nearly every single bad thing that happens is his fault. I think he might be shaving points.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 13th, 2015, 9:07 pm

I was very impressed with Rector. He's a good one.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 13th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Rector is Bernard Rock reincarnated! Their games are eerily similar. He took some ill-advised shots, but man was he confident with the ball in his hands. He played alot of minutes too. He's got some swag that we've been missing.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 13th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Also Rector is probably better suited to play for TD. He's a little more creative that we are used to seeing.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » November 13th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Goofiest freaking free throw shot I've ever seen. Looks like my shot, just chuck it and hope it goes in.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » November 13th, 2015, 9:17 pm

bleed,

Obviously the people in the know feel Moore is a very good player. By your comment I am assuming you know very little about basketball. :headscratch:

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 13th, 2015, 9:20 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Rector is Bernard Rock reincarnated! Their games are eerily similar. He took some ill-advised shots, but man was he confident with the ball in his hands. He played alot of minutes too. He's got some swag that we've been missing.
These were a lot of the same thoughts I had watching Rector. Quick, with a handle on the ball. I used to love watching Rock take the ball back out to mid-court then attack the defense. I love that Rector plays with enthusiasm and was able to enjoy the game as well. Confidence seems like something that has been missing the last few years. It felt like we would stand around looking for someone to bring the leadership to the team and it wasn't there. Sure the game wasn't perfect, but I think the Aggies had a little look into who they are tonight. So glad to see them play hard and rally for a win!

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 13th, 2015, 9:22 pm

smfdaggie wrote:bleed,

Obviously the people in the know feel Moore is a very good player. By your comment I am assuming you know very little about basketball. :headscratch:
Actually BleedBlue said "all conference" player . . not any player. It is true Moore, despite enormous talent, does not work as hard as he should -- pretty laid back a little like Silas Miles right Treesap?

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 13th, 2015, 9:28 pm

The TV announcers sure dogged Rector a lot lol.

I really like his confidence/swag, ball handling, quickness on both ends of the floor, driving ability, and sometimes his passing. Oh, I also like his hair dew ;) He does take some ill-advised shots though.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 13th, 2015, 9:31 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Rector is Bernard Rock reincarnated! Their games are eerily similar. He took some ill-advised shots, but man was he confident with the ball in his hands. He played alot of minutes too. He's got some swag that we've been missing.
Calmly knocked down the clutch FT's

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 13th, 2015, 9:32 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:The TV announcers sure dogged Rector a lot lol.

I really like his confidence/swag, ball handling, quickness on both ends of the floor, driving ability, and sometimes his passing. Oh, I also like his hair dew ;) He does take some ill-advised shots though.
Yeah, I was getting a little frustrated with the constant Rector hate from the announcers. He seemed to bring some of the energy we needed tonight. When they got down 7-0 I was beginning to think it would be one of those games. But they found a way to get it done on the road. I'll take it.

Texasaggie1

Post by Texasaggie1 » November 13th, 2015, 9:32 pm

I agree without him tonight we lose. He took command of the offense, and played great D. His shot is weird but it was effective tonight. I think he can get to the rim at will in this offense. I am sure there will be some games that he tries doing too much, but overall great pickup for the Aggies

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » November 13th, 2015, 9:33 pm

usu,

I know what was said, just saying that those who choose all conference must feel differently. Jalen had a tough game on offense tonight but it's a long season and I am pretty sure he will more than earn whatever accolades that will come his way. Either way, great job by a shorthanded Aggie crew.

Texasaggie1

Post by Texasaggie1 » November 13th, 2015, 9:34 pm

How on earth can Smith be such an amazing shooter from outside and shoot 50% from the free throw line. Hopefully tonight was a fluke for his free throw percentage.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 13th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Love his happiness and swagger

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 13th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Most Aggie fans are used to watching guys with limited talent who work really hard and at maximum effort to be great. Jalen has more ability than we're used to. It's easy for him and so people see the ease and feel like he's not giving enough effort. But lazy? No.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
~Dudley Field Malone

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 13th, 2015, 9:47 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:Goofiest freaking free throw shot I've ever seen. Looks like my shot, just chuck it and hope it goes in.
Rector shoots his jump shot like an old Ute from decades ago -- Luther Ticky Burton

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » November 13th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Thank you brown jeans. Jalen had a rough night but he isn't lazy. You probably wanted him to contest that layup lat in the game. Why so he could pull a collete and let them score with the clock stopped or possibly give them an and 1?

As for Rector I love his play. He is BRock with better handles. He has some Kemba Walker to him

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 13th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Myself and my co-workers are constantly seeing Jalen Moore in either the weight center or the practice facility at hours most people never see. Dude gets after it. Definitely not lazy.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 13th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Rector is one of those guys we'll have to learn to live with. He his very talented but lackadaisical, show boaty, and wreckless. He had some really stupid plays that cost us momentum but then he hit the huge three and knocked down clutch free throws. He is exciting to watch and will be very good.

Lew Evans gave us everything we lost in Collett tonight. I was very impressed with his poise and presence. When he gains confidence he is going to be very good for us.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » November 13th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I saw something in Rector that I really liked that told me he might be a team guy. There was a point in the game where a WSU freshman guard hit a 3 the Weber guard was pumped he was clapping and such. Then Rector called for isolation and you could almost feel the WSU guard think o crap he is too fast I can't guard him. Rector then drove by him but then kicked it out. He didn't try to do too much and didn't get caught up in the moment. Just let the guy know hey I can get by you anytime I want. I like the confidence he plays with.

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » November 13th, 2015, 10:48 pm

This guy is awesome. So nice seeing athletes on our team finally. He was talking a lot of smack with the WSU students it was fun to watch.

Can't wait for the rest of the season he should be able to matchup with anyone in the conference.

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » November 13th, 2015, 10:48 pm

nswaggie wrote:I saw something in Rector that I really liked that told me he might be a team guy. There was a point in the game where a WSU freshman guard hit a 3 the Weber guard was pumped he was clapping and such. Then Rector called for isolation and you could almost feel the WSU guard think o crap he is too fast I can't guard him. Rector then drove by him but then kicked it out. He didn't try to do too much and didn't get caught up in the moment. Just let the guy know hey I can get by you anytime I want. I like the confidence he plays with.

I believe that was when Cravens said "we know where this ball is going now. Wait, no we don't."

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » November 13th, 2015, 11:04 pm

I was at the game. No player on the court put in less effort than Jalen. It's not just his talent level being above other players. He was very often the last man down the court.

AgTime

Post by AgTime » November 13th, 2015, 11:08 pm

brownjeans wrote:Most Aggie fans are used to watching guys with limited talent who work really hard and at maximum effort to be great. Jalen has more ability than we're used to. It's easy for him and so people see the ease and feel like he's not giving enough effort. But lazy? No.
This. His style of play is easy. The kid works his (I can't express myself without swearing) off.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 13th, 2015, 11:33 pm

tjensen_25 wrote:I was at the game. No player on the court put in less effort than Jalen. It's not just his talent level being above other players. He was very often the last man down the court.
Jalen looked off tonight but he was outmatched by Bolomboy. I know you think it's Weber they can't have a better player than we do, but Bolomboy had his way with Jalen tonight and Moore couldn't do anything about it. This is not the norm, nor will happen very often this year. Losing Collett allows teams to cover Moore up with guys like Bolomboy who most certainly would have played a lot on DC.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 13th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Ahbye wrote:Myself and my co-workers are constantly seeing Jalen Moore in either the weight center or the practice facility at hours most people never see. Dude gets after it. Definitely not lazy.
Lazy on the court. Never said anything about his off the court behavior. Anyone that knows basketball can see Jalen is terribly lazy on defense.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 14th, 2015, 12:10 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:Agreed! He's the reason we win tonight! On the other side- Jalen Moore is the worst, most boring, least hardworking all-conference player I've ever seen. His effort on the basketball court is disgraceful.

Sarcasm, I assume?

AgTime

Post by AgTime » November 14th, 2015, 12:21 am

dyedblue wrote:
tjensen_25 wrote:I was at the game. No player on the court put in less effort than Jalen. It's not just his talent level being above other players. He was very often the last man down the court.
Jalen looked off tonight but he was outmatched by Bolomboy. I know you think it's Weber they can't have a better player than we do, but Bolomboy had his way with Jalen tonight and Moore couldn't do anything about it. This is not the norm, nor will happen very often this year. Losing Collett allows teams to cover Moore up with guys like Bolomboy who most certainly would have played a lot on DC.
Jalen also HAD to stay on the floor tonight. Both Evans and Jones were in foul trouble. He couldn't really get after it defensively. He had to play position defense more than anything. Losing Collette impacts our post depth significantly (obviously).

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 14th, 2015, 12:40 am

I thought Jalen played pretty solid. Yes he didn't play well offensively, but he was a steading force on the court for the team and logged a lot of minutes.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 14th, 2015, 12:46 am

AgTime wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
Jalen also HAD to stay on the floor tonight. Both Evans and Jones were in foul trouble. He couldn't really get after it defensively. He had to play position defense more than anything. Losing Collette impacts our post depth significantly (obviously).
My opinion on Jalen's defense come from him not helping. Has nothing to do with his on man D (which is still terrible). When a guard drives to the hoop Jalen watches him score almost every time. He is the definition of lazy defense.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 14th, 2015, 1:55 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
AgTime wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
My opinion on Jalen's defense come from him not helping. Has nothing to do with his on man D (which is still terrible). When a guard drives to the hoop Jalen watches him score almost every time. He is the definition of lazy defense.

I think more than ever Jalen needs to stay out of foul trouble and on the court. I think he did a great job of that and finding ways to contribute when his shot wasn't falling.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 14th, 2015, 2:06 am

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
AgTime wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

I don't think it's lazy, he likely has been told to not foul in certain situations like those with a high chance of a foul being called because we need him on the floor more than anyone else. It's why he often goes for the block from behind after someone goes by, less likely to get called for a foul

Locked Previous topicNext topic