Jalen Moore

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Usufanclo
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Jalen Moore

Post by Usufanclo » February 18th, 2017, 7:38 pm

Am I the only one that can't wait for Jalen Moore to graduate? I'm so tired of watching his lack of effort on defense and rebounding. We are getting killed on the boards due to others having to step in and help because of Jalen's lack of effort and then their guy getting the offensive board. Watch him give up when a screen is set on him. Sure he'll score some points and hit some 3's but his effort in all other aspects of the game are seriously lacking. He'll go down in as one of the worst if not the worst defender in USU history. Just my take!

JonnyCienPesos
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Jalen Moore

Post by JonnyCienPesos » February 18th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Usufanclo wrote:Am I the only one that can't wait for Jalen Moore to graduate? I'm so tired of watching his lack of effort on defense and rebounding. We are getting killed on the boards due to others having to step in and help because of Jalen's lack of effort and then their guy getting the offensive board. Watch him give up when a screen is set on him. Sure he'll score some points and hit some 3's but his effort in all other aspects of the game are seriously lacking. He'll go down in as one of the worst if not the worst defender in USU history. Just my take!
Holy hyperbole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

2004AG
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by 2004AG » February 18th, 2017, 7:59 pm

Usufanclo wrote:Am I the only one that can't wait for Jalen Moore to graduate? I'm so tired of watching his lack of effort on defense and rebounding. We are getting killed on the boards due to others having to step in and help because of Jalen's lack of effort and then their guy getting the offensive board. Watch him give up when a screen is set on him. Sure he'll score some points and hit some 3's but his effort in all other aspects of the game are seriously lacking. He'll go down in as one of the worst if not the worst defender in USU history. Just my take!
Hell no. He will be a big loss next season.

SuperiorBlueDiver
Been liked: 2 times

Jalen Moore

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » February 18th, 2017, 8:07 pm

There's only one person that I can't wait to see leave and his name starts with a D and ends with uryea.

QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 269 times

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 18th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Yes.

nvspuds
Been liked: 54 times

Post by nvspuds » February 18th, 2017, 8:23 pm

I won't be sorry to see him graduate at all..I have never seen him have a bad game against the Pack..Really nasty match up problem..

Fortunately I didn't see the game where you killed the Pack so this was my first time seeing you play. They didn't do much tonight but your freshmen guards look to be the real deal. Dargenton appears to be really bouncy and active. The big fellow was pretty well unstoppable tonight. How come Peare doesn't play more? He looked really solid to me..

bigblue
2012 Gridiron KickOff Pick'em Champion & 2016 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by bigblue » February 18th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Wow. I don't know where to begin with the OP. I think someone needs a hug.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 18th, 2017, 8:50 pm

He has his flaws, but he is a good player. Of course you would want a talent like him back. Had he been a decade older and played on the Aggie teams of the mid 2000's instead of the mid 2010's, people would worship Jalen like a God. Instead he had a rough 4 years with all that went down around him.

TheSauerkrautKid
Been liked: 19 times

Post by TheSauerkrautKid » February 18th, 2017, 8:57 pm

Im not looking forward to his leaving because I have issues with his game, I am just more optimistic in giving the mantle fully to Koby.

ProfessorChaos
Been liked: 13 times

Post by ProfessorChaos » February 18th, 2017, 9:09 pm

So many people seem to prefer to be upset that Jalen isn't the player they think he SHOULD be, instead of actually watching and appreciating the player that he actually IS. And that player, while certainly flawed, is a damn good basketball player.

Past superstar players all had their flaws too. At the end of the day, Jalen's name is going to be all over the USU record books, and deservedly so.

He's been a great player who has been a part of a down era. Just imagine how much worse it would have been without him.

Usufanclo

Post by Usufanclo » February 18th, 2017, 9:15 pm

Ok. I get it. My expectations for Jalen were higher than they should have been. I just watch the games and wish he would put forth the same effort on the defensive end as the offensive end. The player he was guarding the most tonight (I believe Caroline) had 15 pts., 10 rebounds, a couple of steals, a block and a couple of turnovers. Jalen had 19 pts., 3 rebounds, an assist, no blocks and a couple of turnovers. Just wish we would see the same effort on both sides ends of the floor.

coolag
Been liked: 14 times

Post by coolag » February 18th, 2017, 9:27 pm

He might be in the record books but the teams he played on for 4 years pretty much stunk. Of course that's stew and coach duds fault not Jalens. I wonder if Jalen was asked if he preferred being in the USU record books or being on a chamionship team, he would rather be playing in march. Too bad he won't have that opportunity.
Last edited by coolag on February 18th, 2017, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chupamedia
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Chupamedia » February 18th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Jalen is a very skilled player. His demeanor may make it seem like he isn't giving a lot of effort, but I think he gives all he has each night. He isn't the best defender, he's always struggled there - it doesn't mean he isn't given effort however.

dyedblue
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 232 times

Post by dyedblue » February 18th, 2017, 9:33 pm

As I stated in another thread, Jalen is a fantastic player who would start on every single team in the Mountain West. He is that good. So from there I am not sure where to go but we will miss him next year and he is going to make a lot of money playing in Europe when he is done here. I think he is going to be sorely missed next year.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

nrlAggie34

Post by nrlAggie34 » February 18th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Jaycee wasn't exactly known for his defense. Every player has a weakness.

NVAggie
Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 382 times

Post by NVAggie » February 18th, 2017, 11:11 pm

I'm not a Jalen fan, but that has more to do with me and my expectations. We needed more than he is

brownjeans
Flatulent
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 246 times

Post by brownjeans » February 18th, 2017, 11:19 pm

Had Jalen gone to a team like USC, or something like that, where there would probably be two players on the team better than him, he would have been able to play his role, been a very good player, and everyone would have been happy with him. Jalen's a very good player. I only wish we would have had one or two great players to play with him.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 18th, 2017, 11:22 pm

NVAggie wrote:I'm not a Jalen fan, but that has more to do with me and my expectations. We needed more than he is
It is fair to say he has not met expectations that were set out for him. Many thought he was going to be a superstar that would revitalize our program.

It is unfair to say as the OP said we will be better without him. It is possible we will better next year as Koby and Merrill are a year older, plus the other players coming in, but we will miss Jalen and would obviously be better if he had another year. Jaycee's last year was a good season where we won 24 games and split the regular season wac title, but the year after Jaycee left we were even better; winning the conference both regular season and tournament and making the big dance. This doesn't mean we got better because Jaycee left. I would have loved to have had Jaycee on that 08-09 team. We just had another year of growth from our freshman plus the addition of a few good players.

tinyelvis

Post by tinyelvis » February 19th, 2017, 5:08 pm

'''

Yeah, sure. Utah State will be better next year without him. The future is looking bright with this "young" team.

coolag
Been liked: 14 times

Post by coolag » February 19th, 2017, 9:42 pm

We won't be better when Jalen Moore is gone we will be better when Tim Duryea is gone.

UStateTim
Been liked: 12 times

Post by UStateTim » February 19th, 2017, 9:58 pm

I like to think of Jalen as the church ball all star. He can score points and that's about it. Not much else as far as defense and effort goes.

aggieguy13
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by aggieguy13 » February 20th, 2017, 9:23 am

UStateTim wrote:I like to think of Jalen as the church ball all star. He can score points and that's about it. Not much else as far as defense and effort goes.
I guess 19th all time in rebounds, 28th all time in assists, 7th all time in blocks doesn't do anything for you?

Maverik_Aggie

Post by Maverik_Aggie » February 20th, 2017, 10:18 am

aggieguy13 wrote:
UStateTim wrote:I like to think of Jalen as the church ball all star. He can score points and that's about it. Not much else as far as defense and effort goes.
I guess 19th all time in rebounds, 28th all time in assists, 7th all time in blocks doesn't do anything for you?
Jalen would start on every mountain west team plus yBu and Utah. He is a good player.

brian5562
Been liked: 26 times

Post by brian5562 » February 20th, 2017, 11:11 am

Jalen is a very good player. Every other player in the Stew era was able to play with a really good point guard at some point in their career. The kid did what was thought to be the best thing for the team and played the 4 spot at 180lbs. How does one measure effort anyway?

dyedblue
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 232 times

Post by dyedblue » February 20th, 2017, 11:22 am

Didn't Jaycee only make one tournament?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

MarioWest
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by MarioWest » February 20th, 2017, 11:47 am

The perception of Jalen suffers from several factors outside of his control. His quiet nature is perceived as indifference, his poor lateral quickness is perceived as a lack of defensive effort and his slight frame is perceived as softness.

And, of course, his teammates haven't been especially talented nor have they been a great fit for him. Through-the-roof expectations only made things worse. Were Jalen playing with a rim protector, vocal leader, or even just better talent overall, he would be remembered as the great Aggie he is.

trevordude
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by trevordude » February 20th, 2017, 11:51 am

Jalen is one of the greatest to play at USU. He scores, all the time. His team hasn't had a real frontcourt in 4 years. Jalen, a SF, played the 4 spot most his career. He consistently scores on MW (a step up or sidewise from the WAC) teams. He's been healthy. I really hope the Spectrum fills up on Saturday to see his last home game.

Not sent from Tapatalk

brian5562
Been liked: 26 times

Post by brian5562 » February 20th, 2017, 12:26 pm

dyedblue wrote:Didn't Jaycee only make one tournament?

He made 2. His freshman and soph year. He played well against Arizona but if I remember right played terrible against Washington.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 20th, 2017, 12:39 pm

brian5562 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:Didn't Jaycee only make one tournament?

He made 2. His freshman and soph year. He played well against Arizona but if I remember right played terrible against Washington.
And two NIT's. Honestly taking that 06-07 team to a shot away from the NCAA tourney and into the NIT was Jaycee's greatest accomplishment. That team wasn't very talented yet had some great wins like beating Nevada twice, Utah and a 25 win NMSU team where Jaycee dropped 44 on just 16 shots. Great player obviously.

Jalen will be missed. Unfortunately for him he just was born at the wrong time. In another era with a better team his flaws wouldn't be as serious because he would have better teammates, and his positives would show even more than they do now.

Jjoey52

Jalen Moore

Post by Jjoey52 » February 21st, 2017, 11:14 pm

I was not around when Carrol played, I do remember watching USU in a NCAA game and they had a guard that was very good and had a whole bunch of tattoos, was that Carroll?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 21st, 2017, 11:29 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:I was not around when Carrol played, I do remember watching USU in a NCAA game and they had a guard that was very good and had a whole bunch of tattoos, was that Carroll?

No, that was probably Pak, although USU has had a ton of players with alot of tattoos over the years.

ChicAggie
Has liked: 235 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by ChicAggie » February 22nd, 2017, 1:16 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:I was not around when Carrol played, I do remember watching USU in a NCAA game and they had a guard that was very good and had a whole bunch of tattoos, was that Carroll?

No, that was probably Pak, although USU has had a ton of players with alot of tattoos over the years.
Uhh, couldn't have been Pak. He said the guard was "very good." Pak was the weak link on that team.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Locked Previous topicNext topic