Weber State

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Flying_Scotsman8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Weber State

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » November 7th, 2017, 9:09 am

https://shop.entertainment.com/products ... oupon-book

You can get your first month for $.99 and cancel at anytime, if you get the online version. I'm probably going to pay for a month and cancel and get my free ticket to the game Friday. Just for anyone who is thinking about going.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 7th, 2017, 11:34 am

It should be on Pluto also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aggs&Jazz12

Post by Aggs&Jazz12 » November 8th, 2017, 10:58 am

elcheque2 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:We need to load a section with Aggie fans. Is there going to be any type of concerted effort by the students to create abs SOW?
The last couple of times we played there, the 50 or so USU students that showed up were louder than weber's student section that has usually been pretty full.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I honestly just don’t know how away games work... do USU students need to pay for tickets when it’s at Weber?

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » November 8th, 2017, 11:00 am

Aggs&Jazz12 wrote:
elcheque2 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:We need to load a section with Aggie fans. Is there going to be any type of concerted effort by the students to create abs SOW?
The last couple of times we played there, the 50 or so USU students that showed up were louder than weber's student section that has usually been pretty full.

I honestly just don’t know how away games work... do USU students need to pay for tickets when it’s at Weber?
Yes. The card office usually receives an allotment that students can buy.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » November 8th, 2017, 11:05 am

I bought some tickets down lower so we can sit among the Weber fans. I always like to cause trouble.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » November 8th, 2017, 12:58 pm

I haven't seen anything from the HURD that would indicate any sort of official "Spectrum on Wheels" event. A few of us have bought tickets in Section L, but apparently Weber's ticket office tries to put opposing fans in Section P, so who knows where the majority of us will be. I'd imagine there will be some seat movement once we get there and see.

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl

Post by Floppy Hat » November 8th, 2017, 1:06 pm

If anyone is still on the fence about coming to this game, I have it on good authority that the halftime show will be dogs catching frisbees. With that out of the bag, you may want to get your tickets sooner than later...

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:If anyone is still on the fence about coming to this game, I have it on good authority that the halftime show will be dogs catching frisbees. With that out of the bag, you may want to get your tickets sooner than later...
Better than 95% of our haltime shows. I'm down.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 8th, 2017, 1:50 pm

treesap32 wrote:
Floppy Hat wrote:If anyone is still on the fence about coming to this game, I have it on good authority that the halftime show will be dogs catching frisbees. With that out of the bag, you may want to get your tickets sooner than later...
Did that convince you to buy a plane ticket and fly across the country just to attend this game?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 8th, 2017, 1:59 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
Did that convince you to buy a plane ticket and fly across the country just to attend this game?
Yes. I fly out tomorrow.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 8th, 2017, 2:16 pm

treesap32 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
Yes. I fly out tomorrow.
I've been trying to decide if it's worth fighting the Friday rush hour traffic from SLC after 5 to try to get up to the game attend when I could just enjoy it from my own couch and have a relaxing Friday evening.

Knowing I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of some legendary aggie fans & alums under the roof of the dee events center may be a compelling enough reason to attend though.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 8th, 2017, 2:17 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
Yes. I fly out tomorrow.
I've been trying to decide if it's worth fighting the Friday rush hour traffic from SLC after 5 to try to get up to the game attend when I could just enjoy it from my own couch and have a relaxing Friday evening.

Knowing I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of some legendary aggie fans & alums under the roof of the dee events center may be a compelling enough reason to attend though.
Anyone that close should be there. I'll be making the drive up from Provo. It's the 2nd closest game for me this year and I've always enjoyed going to games at Weber.

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » November 8th, 2017, 11:08 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
November 8th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Yes, and I'll be there too! :joking:

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 9th, 2017, 7:34 am

I always have enjoyed the USU v Weber games considering Weber was my first University I attended. Don't get me wrong here, I always wanted to go to USU. Having below 2.0 GPA in high school and never taken the ACT or SAT, Weber was my best choice at that time. Thankfully, I did well enough there to be able to transfer to the school I was always meant to be in. Anyways, I regret not going to the USU v Weber game to let my Aggie blood show when I was enrolled there. It was the only chance to see Jayce Carroll play in person and I missed it. They didn't have many students excited about any games there. The whole college experience was night and day different from Weber to USU. Let alone how much better the professors were at USU as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 9th, 2017, 8:03 am

Sad to think there are Aggies that never watched Jaycee Carroll play. That wasn't too long ago.

wsuwaldo

Post by wsuwaldo » November 9th, 2017, 4:26 pm

bigblue wrote:
November 9th, 2017, 7:34 am
I always have enjoyed the USU v Weber games considering Weber was my first University I attended. Don't get me wrong here, I always wanted to go to USU. Having below 2.0 GPA in high school and never taken the ACT or SAT, Weber was my best choice at that time. Thankfully, I did well enough there to be able to transfer to the school I was always meant to be in. Anyways, I regret not going to the USU v Weber game to let my Aggie blood show when I was enrolled there. It was the only chance to see Jayce Carroll play in person and I missed it. They didn't have many students excited about any games there. The whole college experience was night and day different from Weber to USU. Let alone how much better the professors were at USU as well.

Let me guess, you finished your generals at Weber, earned an AS/AA and transferred to USU. Took baccalaureate courses, meaning classes you wanted to be in, at USU? It isn't rocket science, but most students don't like the general education classes, and far and away prefer the courses/instructors in their area of emphasis. I'm only making a big deal because the professors at both schools are fantastic and we, from Utah, are very lucky to have both academic institutions available in our communities. Just ticks me off that you would rip on profs at a school that evidently helped you enough to get to where you really wanted to get to. So after getting laid, do you tell the person that (I'm guessing you like this gender) she smells like a turd and is a fat hoe? If I were you, I'd be grateful for the experience and feel lucky that you were able to turn your life around enough to get to where you wanted to be (I think its pretty awesome you were able to too). Tomorrow, like a lot of you, I win no matter. I have degrees from both schools (actually two from USU) and am very thankfully for the academic and life experiences I had at both schools (I have a bunch of friends on here In Hoc brothers). I was an athlete at Weber, so I cheer for them first, they did pay for my school after all and gave me that necessary start to get to where I wanted to be. For that I am thankful. Did I love USU...of course!! Great school and awesome experience. I loved my instructors and feel indebted for what I learned from them.

As for tomorrow. Both teams have a lot of question marks. USU has a stellar back court, but Weber's front court is deep and talented. Stew lived off of his front court. In years past these two elements were switched. Weber had the stronger back court, but USU had the more talented front court. USU usually won. No matter, tomorrow should be a fun game. Lets hope the refs let them play and that nobody suffers any injuries.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 9th, 2017, 7:53 pm

wsuwaldo wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Let me guess, you finished your generals at Weber, earned an AS/AA and transferred to USU. Took baccalaureate courses, meaning classes you wanted to be in, at USU? It isn't rocket science, but most students don't like the general education classes, and far and away prefer the courses/instructors in their area of emphasis. I'm only making a big deal because the professors at both schools are fantastic and we, from Utah, are very lucky to have both academic institutions available in our communities. Just ticks me off that you would rip on profs at a school that evidently helped you enough to get to where you really wanted to get to. So after getting laid, do you tell the person that (I'm guessing you like this gender) she smells like a turd and is a fat hoe? If I were you, I'd be grateful for the experience and feel lucky that you were able to turn your life around enough to get to where you wanted to be (I think its pretty awesome you were able to too). Tomorrow, like a lot of you, I win no matter. I have degrees from both schools (actually two from USU) and am very thankfully for the academic and life experiences I had at both schools (I have a bunch of friends on here In Hoc brothers). I was an athlete at Weber, so I cheer for them first, they did pay for my school after all and gave me that necessary start to get to where I wanted to be. For that I am thankful. Did I love USU...of course!! Great school and awesome experience. I loved my instructors and feel indebted for what I learned from them.

As for tomorrow. Both teams have a lot of question marks. USU has a stellar back court, but Weber's front court is deep and talented. Stew lived off of his front court. In years past these two elements were switched. Weber had the stronger back court, but USU had the more talented front court. USU usually won. No matter, tomorrow should be a fun game. Lets hope the refs let them play and that nobody suffers any injuries.
I have a friend who transferred from Weber to SUU because he didn’t receive the academic support in his major program he felt he needed. So that means the whole school is junk. Just an fyi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » November 9th, 2017, 11:40 pm

wsuwaldo wrote:
bigblue wrote:

A lot of truth here. The biggest thing holding Weber back is the low admission standards which they are not able to change and can unfortunately give the school a bad rap.

I know someone in career placement there and was amazed at the quality of companies that interview there and the level of starting salaries for the top graduates....like anywhere you go it is what you make of it.

IHSV

tkmad

Post by tkmad » November 10th, 2017, 8:32 am

Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
November 7th, 2017, 9:09 am

You can get your first month for $.99 and cancel at anytime, if you get the online version. I'm probably going to pay for a month and cancel and get my free ticket to the game Friday. Just for anyone who is thinking about going.
Just did this, it worked. Headed up to buy some tickets today. Thanks for the heads up

Flying_Scotsman8

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » November 10th, 2017, 9:14 am

tkmad wrote:
November 10th, 2017, 8:32 am
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:

Just did this, it worked. Headed up to buy some tickets today. Thanks for the heads up
I'm glad, I downloaded the app, but I actually have to walk up to buy them. I'm sure they'll still have tickets left tho. Did you notice the one exclusion on there was the home game against BYU? I feel a little insulted. I hope there are more Aggies than Weber fans.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 10th, 2017, 9:42 am

Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
November 10th, 2017, 9:14 am
tkmad wrote:
November 10th, 2017, 8:32 am
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:

I'm glad, I downloaded the app, but I actually have to walk up to buy them. I'm sure they'll still have tickets left tho. Did you notice the one exclusion on there was the home game against BYU? I feel a little insulted. I hope there are more Aggies than Weber fans.
The coupon is only good for Level 5 and Level 6 tickets. I called the other day and they said Level 6 only had single's left but Level 5 wasn't in any danger of selling out.It's basically the last 10-15 rows of the arena. Level 6 is behind the basket while Level 5 is on the sides.

Flying_Scotsman8

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » November 10th, 2017, 11:18 am

I was wondering where level 6 was. I tried to look up tickets in level 6 last week, but they were already at singles I guess. Thanks for the info on level 5. That's where I'd prefer anyway.

cval

Post by cval » November 10th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
November 7th, 2017, 11:34 am

I just uploaded Pluto on my Roku. It lists the Women's game, but not the Men's game.

Aggie-Man

Post by Aggie-Man » November 10th, 2017, 5:22 pm

I'll be there when in section K.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » November 10th, 2017, 5:51 pm

So, the countdown shows the game starting in ten minutes. I showed up 20 minutes ago only to find out that I was an hour and a half early. That was fun.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 10th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Looks like someone forgot to change the clock... Oops.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 10th, 2017, 6:30 pm

wsuwaldo wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Holy hell dude chill out. No I actually transfered before my generals were complete. I had to retake courses at USU to replace my failing grades from Weber and it was night and day difference in quality of professors based on my experiences. Don't assume my generalized statement applies to every professor at Weber. It's based purely on my own experiences. There was 2 or 3 at Weber that were great but the awful ones sank my GPA. I know plenty of people who graduated from Weber who got a great education. I have much respect for Weber.

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 10th, 2017, 6:43 pm

cval wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:
November 7th, 2017, 11:34 am

I just uploaded Pluto on my Roku. It lists the Women's game, but not the Men's game.
They switched it, game is on there, right now it just shows warming up.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 11th, 2017, 9:40 am

One benefit of having all purple seats is the place doesn’t look less that half full for a big instate game!

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic