Sorry......

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Sorry......

Post by mcaggie1 » December 30th, 2017, 9:31 pm

..........but I can't watch this crap anymore. There is someone on the sidelines that I won't name that just has no clue. I'm done. Baseball can't come soon enough.

Hoopsnut
Has thanked: 0

Re: Sorry......

Post by Hoopsnut » December 30th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Mixed emotions. The guys are fighting, but don’t have the talent needed to win. But...... they are fighting. Hate to not support players that are giving their best. I’m confident that not supporting the team isn’t the answer.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » December 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm

When we entered the MWC the question was when we'd win a title. Predictions were made. Now, years later the contest has devolved to predictions on when we'll cover the point spread on the road against SDS. My how our expectations have fallen.

BigSkyAG

Post by BigSkyAG » December 30th, 2017, 9:51 pm

Speaking of watching crap....I've often wondered how Stew continues to watch, when his philosophy bares no resemblance to current USU ball.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 30th, 2017, 9:57 pm

I'm confident that if we don't have a good conference season Hartwell will make a change. Either Duryea turns it around or we will get a coach that will.

thansen

Post by thansen » December 30th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:I'm confident that if we don't have a good conference season Hartwell will make a change. Either Duryea turns it around or we will get a coach that will.
I'm not very confident in an AD that only works quietly behind the scenes. Especially one who is currently looking for other jobs. We'll probably get a new AD before we get a new coach.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TheConspirator
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheConspirator » December 30th, 2017, 10:07 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 9:51 pm
Speaking of watching crap....I've often wondered how Stew continues to watch, when his philosophy bares no resemblance to current USU ball.
If he’s honest with himself he’ll admit fault for recommending Timmy as well as mailing it in his last 3 years. Now, I believe he earned the right to struggle the last 3 years for the 10+ year run he gave us prior to it. The man kept us from eventually joining Idaho in the Big Sky and put the Spectrum and USU b-ball on the map, so please don’t think I’m anti-Stew. I just wish he would’ve gone out on top like he deserved.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 30th, 2017, 10:13 pm

TheConspirator wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 10:07 pm
BigSkyAG wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 9:51 pm
If he’s honest with himself he’ll admit fault for recommending Timmy as well as mailing it in his last 3 years. Now, I believe he earned the right to struggle the last 3 years for the 10+ year run he gave us prior to it. The man kept us from eventually joining Idaho in the Big Sky and put the Spectrum and USU b-ball on the map, so please don’t think I’m anti-Stew. I just wish he would’ve gone out on top like he deserved.
Stew definitely should not have been forced out like some wanted. He earned the right to struggle for a few years. Great coach who did wonders for our program. However he should have not been able to name his successor which for all intents and purposes is what happened.

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score

Post by aggies1 » December 30th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Insanity...Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I have to admit, I was open to Duryea having his shot and wanted to believe that he would figure things out eventually. I honestly thought he was getting some good recruits and thought just maybe he could have some success. I have bit my lip many times and have said...once so and so comes back from injury or once we get a little experience or once we get next years recruits. I find myself making excuses time and time again. Well...enough is enough. I am done making excuses and finally seeing that Duryea just isnt ever going to have success. It took me longer than others to come to this realization and honestly I have been there most of this year, but am finally accepting it and SO ready for the Duryea experiment to come to an end. The biggest thing I have struggled with is the fact that Duryea just doesnt know how to make adjustments. I'm not sure if it is pride or what, but at some point you would think that he would realize that his philosophy just isnt cutting it and that he would try something new. I have waited long enough to see what adjustments he would make, but he keeps doing the same thing over and over again expecting things to turn around. Its just not gonna happen. It is pretty sad when I have always been a die hard and now I hardly care if I miss a game. I have lost the passion for aggie basketball that has been ingrained in me since I went to school at USU. I JUST CANT GET EXCITED ABOUT DURYEA BASKETBALL. I never thought I would see the day when I just didnt care anymore. THAT is how I know it is time for Duryea to go. I refuse to pay so much money to watch this crap. The thing that is so frustrating is that I think we have some talent and could make some noise with a different coach. I'm ready for Midnighttrainaggie to come back with a chooo chooo!!!!!

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 30th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Hoopsnut wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 9:41 pm
Mixed emotions. The guys are fighting, but don’t have the talent needed to win. But...... they are fighting. Hate to not support players that are giving their best. I’m confident that not supporting the team isn’t the answer.
Not watching games on TV or streaming online makes no difference in team support. If I lived close and could buy tickets but elect not to...then that would make a difference.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » December 31st, 2017, 12:09 pm

Really a predictable result on the road. We play like crap to start. The other team stops playing as hard for a few minutes in the middle so it seems like maybe we have a shot and then we get killed at the end.

This team has no clue how to play good winning basketball.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 31st, 2017, 3:39 pm

thansen wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 10:05 pm
Aggie in Hawaii wrote:I'm confident that if we don't have a good conference season Hartwell will make a change. Either Duryea turns it around or we will get a coach that will.
I'm not very confident in an AD that only works quietly behind the scenes. Especially one who is currently looking for other jobs. We'll probably get a new AD before we get a new coach.

Some people work in the spotlight to bring attention to what they can publicly claim for success. These folks crave a public profile. . Most successful people work behind the scenes to accomplish goals and resolve issues and don't need the adoration of a fawning public. .

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 31st, 2017, 3:45 pm

I started to hurry home from dinner to watch the game last night and then I remembered that I don’t really care to watch Tim Duryea basketball anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 31st, 2017, 3:46 pm

And Hartwell owes nothing to Duryea. Duryea is not popular among Aggie fans, is not winning games and was not hired by Hartwell. If Duryea doesn't right the ship, we will have a new coach in March. Just a prediction, but one I'm confident in. If Duryea turns it around and we have a winning MW season, then I imagine there will be no change.

thansen

Post by thansen » December 31st, 2017, 6:50 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
thansen wrote:

Some people work in the spotlight to bring attention to what they can publicly claim for success. These folks crave a public profile. . Most successful people work behind the scenes to accomplish goals and resolve issues and don't need the adoration of a fawning public. .
Hopefully our AD can soon accomplish goals and resolve issues. Whether it's behind the scenes or in the public spotlight does not matter to me. If things are indeed being accomplished what are the results and when will we begin to see them.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » January 2nd, 2018, 10:05 am

thansen wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:50 pm
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
thansen wrote:

Hopefully our AD can soon accomplish goals and resolve issues. Whether it's behind the scenes or in the public spotlight does not matter to me. If things are indeed being accomplished what are the results and when will we begin to see them.

It is time for Hartwell to make his mark at USU. Both in basketball and football. The time has come on both fronts. Be bold Hartwell.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 2nd, 2018, 11:19 am

Who is this Hartwell man you speak of?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2018, 11:32 am

I've always thought of Hartwell as Batman. He hides in the shadows, doesn't speak much, but when there is a problem he is there to take care of it.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » January 2nd, 2018, 12:14 pm

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:I've always thought of Hartwell as Batman. He hides in the shadows, doesn't speak much, but when there is a problem he is there to take care of it.
LEGO Batman: [Batman's song] Who is the manliest man?
Chorus: (Batman!)

LEGO Batman: With the buns of steel?

LEGO Batman: Who could choke hold a bear?

LEGO Batman: Who never skips leg-day?

LEGO Batman: Who always pays their taxes
Chorus: (NOT Batman!)

AggieFella

Post by AggieFella » January 3rd, 2018, 9:59 pm

BET YOU FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT NOW!

See ya!

AggieFella

Post by AggieFella » January 6th, 2018, 11:51 pm

Just checking in on this guy again.

:utah: :state:

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » January 6th, 2018, 11:56 pm

Any video of the game yet?

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » January 7th, 2018, 10:16 am

Patience grasshopper. It’ll happen.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 7th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Looks like the first half is up.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 7th, 2018, 12:14 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2018, 12:08 pm
Looks like the first half is up.
It's the full first half as well. That was part of the reason for the delay.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 7th, 2018, 6:11 pm

AggieFella wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 9:59 pm
BET YOU FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT NOW!

See ya!
Why would I feel like an idiot? I don't. The Fresno and the UNLV games were good wins. When the post was made, we were watching bad basketball up til then. Most of us were tired of three years of crappy basketball. If we continue playing like we have the last two games, I will be the first to be positive about our future, but two games does not a season make. Let's hope we keep it going.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » January 7th, 2018, 7:54 pm

So being "done" was a figure of speech.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » January 7th, 2018, 8:32 pm

We’ve found a witch! May we burn him?
[youtube] [/youtube]

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 7th, 2018, 10:38 pm

gomretat wrote:
January 7th, 2018, 7:54 pm
So being "done" was a figure of speech.
Being "done" with crappy basketball. Kind of like the thousands not going to the Spectrum...or the many who have lost interest the past three years. When it is better basketball, many will will return. And yes...a figure of speech. What else would it be?

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » January 8th, 2018, 9:15 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 7th, 2018, 6:11 pm
If we continue playing like we have the last two games, I will be the first to be positive about our future, . . .
Uhh, too late. Pretty sure others have beat you to the punch.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 9:15 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
If we continue playing like we have the last two games, I will be the first to be positive about our future, . . .
Again....a figure of speech. I know you are smart enough to know that. I have been reading and liking your posts for a long time.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » January 8th, 2018, 2:24 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
Again....a figure of speech. I know you are smart enough to know that. I have been reading and liking your posts for a long time.
I was just being an a$$. :cheers:

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 8th, 2018, 4:08 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 2:24 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 1:24 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
I was just being an a$$. :cheers:
:cheers:

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 9th, 2018, 2:48 pm

I have said elsewhere, I think its in USU fans best interest to take it one game at a time for a while. Yes the Fresno State and UNLV wins were big, but on paper we shouldn't have won either one. Things happened in those games that normally don't and its not realistic to expect them to happen again. So I'm going to take the games as they happen and see how that goes. Hope we win them all, won't be disappointed if we don't. That's kind of where I am.

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » January 9th, 2018, 4:17 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 2:48 pm
I have said elsewhere, I think its in USU fans best interest to take it one game at a time for a while. Yes the Fresno State and UNLV wins were big, but on paper we shouldn't have won either one. Things happened in those games that normally don't and its not realistic to expect them to happen again. So I'm going to take the games as they happen and see how that goes. Hope we win them all, won't be disappointed if we don't. That's kind of where I am.
It is possible that we are better on paper than most people think. I hope so.

Locked Previous topicNext topic