Julion

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 67 times

Julion

Post by mcaggie1 » March 9th, 2018, 9:38 am

Pearre is really making a difference lately. I have felt so bad for him this year with his injuries. He is finally in shape to play and making the most of it. He is also playing smart, and in control. He hit some big shots last night. I have been a fan of his since he was a Freshman. Too bad his career has been so fraught with injuries. The man deserves some credit.

nswaggie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Julion

Post by nswaggie » March 9th, 2018, 9:48 am

He has been awesome! A little production from a third guard has made a huge difference these last two games. Makes me look forward to seeing what Miller can do next year. Having seen these last two games and the production from the 3 spot has made me think twice about how much Miller may have helped us. Certainly against San Jose he would have knocked down his share of those wide open 3’s.

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 1751 times
Been liked: 929 times

Post by aggies22 » March 9th, 2018, 9:52 am

Having two guards that can get to the basket nearly at will and then have the court vision to kick it back out has been a huge asset this season. The supporting cast needs to continue to step up in order to move on tonight.

bluegrouse
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by bluegrouse » March 9th, 2018, 10:32 am

JP is 6-8 from 3 in the tourney thus far. If I do my math correctly, that’s SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT!!! Koby had a great game against CSU but Julion very well may have been the MVP. His 12 points kept us alive when nothing else was going right. Very happy for the guy.

Roy McAvoy
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 9th, 2018, 10:35 am

bluegrouse wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 10:32 am
JP is 6-8 from 3 in the tourney thus far. If I do my math correctly, that’s SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT!!! Koby had a great game against CSU but Julion very well may have been the MVP. His 12 points kept us alive when nothing else was going right. Very happy for the guy.
He's actually 7-9.

Of all the injuries, this is the one that makes me wonder if he were fully healthy and playing big minutes instead of Diogo Brito how different things would've been.

bluegrouse
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by bluegrouse » March 9th, 2018, 10:45 am

Even better. Nearly 78%. Thanks for the correction.

MarioWest
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by MarioWest » March 9th, 2018, 11:11 am

Agreed. It's been great to see Julion play so well. He's the last Aggie that played for Stew and I've loved his game since his freshman year. He seems to have all the skills of the ideal "3 & D" guy, but it's never fully panned out until this tournament. Hope he gets a chance to play professionally somewhere.

mcaggie1
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 67 times

Post by mcaggie1 » March 9th, 2018, 11:17 am

swishh_15 wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 10:35 am
bluegrouse wrote:
He's actually 7-9.

Of all the injuries, this is the one that makes me wonder if he were fully healthy and playing big minutes instead of Diogo Brito how different things would've been.
A significant statement. Especially when you figure JP's defensive prowess. If's are hard things. 2 come to mind.
1. If Pearre would have been healthy the past two years.....and
2. If Collette would have stayed.

( and ....If we had a really good head coach)

thansen
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Post by thansen » March 9th, 2018, 11:29 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 11:17 am
swishh_15 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
He's actually 7-9.

A significant statement. Especially when you figure JP's defensive prowess. If's are hard things. 2 come to mind.

He may not be really good but he's improving.

- First time USU has made it to the semifinals in the MWC Tournament.
- 17 wins
- 8 MWC wins

I hope he continues to improve because it looks like he's going to be here next year.

AngusAg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by AngusAg » March 9th, 2018, 11:57 am

thansen wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 11:29 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 11:17 am
swishh_15 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
He's actually 7-9.

He may not be really good but he's improving.

- First time USU has made it to the semifinals in the MWC Tournament.
- 17 wins
- 8 MWC wins

I hope he continues to improve because it looks like he's going to be here next year.
This sums up my feelings about Duryea. And yes, it would have been nice to have had Pearre all year. He's making a difference.

Locked Previous topicNext topic