The Coaching Carousel Thread (Updated 3/26)

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BLUERUFiO
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: The Coaching Carousel Thread (Updated 3/22)

Post by BLUERUFiO » March 23rd, 2018, 12:14 pm

The real question here is... do any of the hearsay exceptions apply? I'm pulling for dying utterance, that one is the best. :)

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 682 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by USU78 » March 23rd, 2018, 1:32 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
March 23rd, 2018, 12:14 pm
The real question here is... do any of the hearsay exceptions apply? I'm pulling for dying utterance, that one is the best. :)
My favorite, too ... but I'm afraid we'll be stuck with declaration not offered for truth of the matter stated.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

bwcrc
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by bwcrc » March 23rd, 2018, 2:36 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
March 23rd, 2018, 12:14 pm
I hope the dying utterance doesn't apply in this instance. If it does it is most likely because the person was so shocked and disappointed at the new coach that it caused a heart attack and we will all be extremely unhappy with the new coach. I doubt any of the other 24 exceptions would apply in this instance. If any exception does apply , I would want to to be the excited utterance at the excitement of who the new coach will be.

Ahbye
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Ahbye » March 23rd, 2018, 6:33 pm

Full wrote:
March 23rd, 2018, 10:20 am
Ahbye wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 6:46 pm
Why do people just assume CSU is a better program than us? We're better in every aspect. A legendary coach quit them to come to us, we have better facilities and better fans. Only thing CSU has on us may be Fort Collins, but that's only if you like that kind of place.
$$$$ They have more money. They also have some stability and Colorado does not looking down their nose at them like Utah does to USU.
Yeah their budget is $7 million more a year than ours. How much do you think the payment on that stadium and Larry E's buyout costs? We're a better program.

Edit: Also, Colorado doesn't look down on them because Colorado is a crappy AD.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by TheAKAggie » March 23rd, 2018, 6:55 pm

If Budweiser opened a university in Colorado Springs, CSU would soon fall in the pecking order in state akin to USU, as a large portion of the population would be inclined to root for them (The Budweiser State Banditos) based on societal expectations and a cult like following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

trombone_ninja
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 126 times

Post by trombone_ninja » March 23rd, 2018, 8:25 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2018, 6:55 pm
If Budweiser opened a university in Colorado Springs, CSU would soon fall in the pecking order in state akin to USU, as a large portion of the population would be inclined to root for them (The Budweiser State Banditos) based on societal expectations and a cult like following.

Pretty sure most people around here prefer the local craft beers and think the Budweiser and the like is nothing more than “piss water.”

Then again, that could just be what they say about light beer. I’m not particularly well-versed in the beer scene, being a Mormon and all...

USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

Stucki
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Stucki » March 23rd, 2018, 10:12 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:

Wouldn't that have to be Coors in Colorado?

Hail the Utah Aggies!

ChicagoAggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 33 times

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 23rd, 2018, 10:23 pm

Stucki wrote:
March 23rd, 2018, 10:12 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:

Wouldn't that have to be Coors in Colorado?
You would think so...but Budweiser has a major facility in Ft Collins. TheAKAggie knows is stuff.

Roy McAvoy
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 330 times

Re: The Coaching Carousel Thread (Updated 3/26)

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 26th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Holy Cow. UT Arlington fired Scott Cross. That's pretty shocking. I guess administrators are upset he's not making the NCAA tourney.

Locked Previous topicNext topic