Hoops Signing Day Central

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11617
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7618 times
Been thanked: 5290 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by aggies22 » April 14th, 2019, 1:33 pm

2004AG wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 1:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:Ray'Quan Evans is no longer a target of ours. By our choice, not his.
At best it was probably mutual. He already said he wasn’t interested......unless he asked to come back officially and the coaching staff said “no”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time of his de-commitment, he did tell the coaching staff that although he was de-committing, Utah State was still his #1 school.



I.M.Noone
Posts: 298
Joined: June 4th, 2016, 11:30 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by I.M.Noone » April 14th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Evans is going to Florida State.


Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11617
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7618 times
Been thanked: 5290 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by aggies22 » April 14th, 2019, 9:46 pm

I.M.Noone wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Evans is going to Florida State.
This will end getting him rated as a 4* or 5* dude.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5808
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 876 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by Aglicious » April 15th, 2019, 10:22 am

So he was good enough for FSU but not USU?



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 8243
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 584 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by 2004AG » April 15th, 2019, 10:51 am

aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 1:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:Ray'Quan Evans is no longer a target of ours. By our choice, not his.
At best it was probably mutual. He already said he wasn’t interested......unless he asked to come back officially and the coaching staff said “no”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time of his de-commitment, he did tell the coaching staff that although he was de-committing, Utah State was still his #1 school.
I don’t mean to be argumentative or belabor the point, but he was pretty clear in the newspaper interview that Bob Wilson posted a whole back he didn’t want to come here and was hoping for a P5 offer. I don’t doubt he told the coaching staff they were still #1, but I’m guessing that was merely his way of having a landing spot if P5 offers fell through. He didn’t want to play here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1373
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by scotlandog » April 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm

2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 1:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:Ray'Quan Evans is no longer a target of ours. By our choice, not his.
At best it was probably mutual. He already said he wasn’t interested......unless he asked to come back officially and the coaching staff said “no”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time of his de-commitment, he did tell the coaching staff that although he was de-committing, Utah State was still his #1 school.
I don’t mean to be argumentative or belabor the point, but he was pretty clear in the newspaper interview that Bob Wilson posted a whole back he didn’t want to come here and was hoping for a P5 offer. I don’t doubt he told the coaching staff they were still #1, but I’m guessing that was merely his way of having a landing spot if P5 offers fell through. He didn’t want to play here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that’s exactly what aggies22 is saying as well. He didn’t want to play here but was hoping for a landing spot if things feel through. USU said if you don’t want to play here we don’t want you. Landing spot gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 8243
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 584 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by 2004AG » April 15th, 2019, 6:38 pm

scotlandog wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 1:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:Ray'Quan Evans is no longer a target of ours. By our choice, not his.
At best it was probably mutual. He already said he wasn’t interested......unless he asked to come back officially and the coaching staff said “no”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time of his de-commitment, he did tell the coaching staff that although he was de-committing, Utah State was still his #1 school.
I don’t mean to be argumentative or belabor the point, but he was pretty clear in the newspaper interview that Bob Wilson posted a whole back he didn’t want to come here and was hoping for a P5 offer. I don’t doubt he told the coaching staff they were still #1, but I’m guessing that was merely his way of having a landing spot if P5 offers fell through. He didn’t want to play here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that’s exactly what aggies22 is saying as well. He didn’t want to play here but was hoping for a landing spot if things feel through. USU said if you don’t want to play here we don’t want you. Landing spot gone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then, back to my original post. At best it was mutual.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
oleblu111



Winkie
Posts: 37
Joined: October 6th, 2017, 4:41 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Hoops Signing Day Central

Post by Winkie » April 17th, 2019, 3:14 pm

I see the announcement for Sean Bairstow today.... What's the report for this Australian kid?



Locked Previous topicNext topic