F**k BYU

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

F**k BYU

Post by aggiesdidwhat » December 6th, 2018, 12:05 am

Effing HATE those A holes! Why do we always play bad against them it feels like!

Sorry :( I hate em so much!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: F**k BYU

Post by aggies22 » December 6th, 2018, 5:15 am

It's like anyone that puts on an Aggie uniform is pre-dispositioned to $hit the bed anytime they see a byu uniform across from them. There is some kind of little brother mental block and it seems like our players go in ready to lose. Football is FINALLY starting to shed this way of thinking, basketball needs to do the same.

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » December 6th, 2018, 7:05 am

Dearest Mother:

I HATE BYU and I can't stand Tom Holmoe, Nick Emery and Company, Dave Rose, and BYU fans but what I HATE the most is watching them kick the $h!+ out of us every single effing year. I HATE being their b!+ch. I HATE that we're not even competitive with them. I HATE that we've never beaten them at Vivint! I HATE that we've only beaten them once in Provo over the past 30+ years. I HATE that the only place that we even stand a chance to win is in Logan and I really HATE the fact that we will only be playing them in Logan once every 3 years.

:rant: :disappointed: :puke: :bangwall:
Last edited by thansen on December 6th, 2018, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 6th, 2018, 7:27 am

thansen wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 7:05 am
Dearest Mother:

I HATE BYU and I can't stand Tom Holmoe, Nick Emery and Company, Dave Rose, and BYU fans but what I HATE the most is watching them kick the $h!+ out of us every single effing year. I HATE being their b!+ch. I HATE that we're not even competitive with them. I HATE that we've never beaten them at Vivint! I HATE that we've only beaten them once n Provo over the past 30+ years. I HATE that the only place that we even stand a chance to win is in Logan and I really HATE the fact we will only be playing them in Logan once every 3 years.

:rant: :disappointed: :puke: :bangwall:
Hate is a strong word. And I HATE, HATE, HATE byu!

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 6th, 2018, 8:42 am

They saved the best shooting night they'll have all year for us. And we gave them our worst 3-point night.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 6th, 2018, 8:46 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 5:15 am
It's like anyone that puts on an Aggie uniform is pre-dispositioned to $hit the bed anytime they see a byu uniform across from them. There is some kind of little brother mental block and it seems like our players go in ready to lose. Football is FINALLY starting to shed this way of thinking, basketball needs to do the same.
We want it too bad and they're in our heads. It's basically the same thing with what's happening with regards to BYU & Utah in football.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 6th, 2018, 8:57 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 8:46 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 5:15 am
We want it too bad and they're in our heads. It's basically the same thing with what's happening with regards to BYU & Utah in football.
100% agreed.

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » December 6th, 2018, 9:55 am

The game comes early in the season when the players aren't used to playing in front of large crowds; we have even had USU players like Koby comment about being intimidated playing in front of an engaged spectrum.

One thing that might help is calling time out earlier. We waited late to call time out. Once USU settled in, they hung with BYU the whole game, but they were at a deficit they couldn't make up.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 6th, 2018, 10:04 am

This game always seems to fall on or around my bday (on my birthday the last 2 years). Ill admit i always want it bad and its been a rough last 8 birthdays. .. That being said i do have hope and a belief this year unlike previous years that it was just one really bad game. Hopefully a learning experience and out of their system and im interested to see how we rebound on a neutral court against a good Weber team.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » December 6th, 2018, 10:20 am

The Marriott Center is a place if you don't come prepared, things can go south in a hurry. We didn't look prepared. In addition to the already expected difficulty, BYU does take USU very serious, we are one of 2 or 3 teams on their schedule that they get up for. The spirited "I believe that we just won" chant by their students shows you that they take us serious and mark this one as a calendar game they can't afford to lose.

utaggies

Choose a response

Post by utaggies » December 6th, 2018, 10:52 am

We lost to BYU last night, because (choose one):

A. They wanted it more than we did

B. Playing USU is their Superbowl

C. The refs had it in for us

D. They were lucky

Or (alas)

E. They are better than us

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am

F. [and I'm being serious] It was just their night.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 6th, 2018, 11:25 am

USU78 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am
This combined with it not being our night led to a game that none of us expected. We played worse than we've played all year, they played better than they have all year. If we played again I don't think it would go the same way (I'm not saying that we'd win but we wouldn't be blown out).

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2018, 11:27 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:25 am
USU78 wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 11:19 am
This combined with it not being our night led to a game that none of us expected. We played worse than we've played all year, they played better than they have all year. If we played again I don't think it would go the same way (I'm not saying that we'd win but we wouldn't be blown out).
Yup. You usually see people play at or about the same level they've been playing. The yBu team last night was not the same team as the one that Weebe beat in their track meet. And vicey versey.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » December 6th, 2018, 11:35 am

I agree with the esteemed USU78. Sometimes the shots go in and some nights they don't. Nevada played BYU the first game of the season. I thought they were a good team and I still think they are a good team. The Pack had them at home and Haws had a very rough night.

You had them on the road and had a cold night shooting. It happens.

I think you have a fine team and should have a fine season but it is never easy winning games, particularly on the road.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 6th, 2018, 1:50 pm

I agree with 78 as well. It was one of those nights. Shake it off and move forward.

AggieSkiBum

Post by AggieSkiBum » December 6th, 2018, 2:11 pm

[/quote]

I think something else to consider in the frUte domination of the Que-Grrrrs in football is a disparity in talent. The frUtes put linemen in the NFL ... BYu-p not so much anymore. The pure speed of the skill positions the frUtes have an advantage too. Honestly I'm amazed that the games are even as close as they are.

As far as why the #$&^@ we can't beat BYu-p in basketball, I have no idea. Last night was the best chance for our boys to pull it off in years, and they lay an egg. I don't think that they are significantly more talented than us, we just played crappy :(

BigSkyAG

Post by BigSkyAG » December 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm

For 30 years my fingers literally hurt as I scratch out a tithing check every month knowing that some of it goes to provo. This pain is exacerbated the week after a loss to byu when many taunt me for wearing my USU sweater vest to sacrament meeting. I smile, but the inner me isn't so kind. The inner voice politely says "go _ yourself bishop (stake president et al), i've donated more to byu athletics than you ever have. And mine is against my will."
Does anyone experience similar feelings? i.e. when your parents, didn't go to the y. None of your siblings went there. You didn't go there. None of your children go there.....
How have you reconciled these feelings? I need help because I'm afraid that after 30 + years, I'm gonna snap and choke out the elders quorum pres

USU78

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2018, 2:42 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm
For 30 years my fingers literally hurt as I scratch out a tithing check every month knowing that some of it goes to provo. This pain is exacerbated the week after a loss to byu when many taunt me for wearing my USU sweater vest to sacrament meeting. I smile, but the inner me isn't so kind. The inner voice politely says "go _ yourself bishop (stake president et al), i've donated more to byu athletics than you ever have. And mine is against my will."
Does anyone experience similar feelings? i.e. when your parents, didn't go to the y. None of your siblings went there. You didn't go there. None of your children go there.....
How have you reconciled these feelings? I need help because I'm afraid that after 30 + years, I'm gonna snap and choke out the elders quorum pres
There's no reconciling it. Re-achieving parity with the stench in FB has helped. MBB will get there. I like what Smith's done so far. And I will enjoy St Mary's sweeping the series against the stench again. So there's that

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » December 6th, 2018, 3:14 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
A number of years ago I decided to give my money directly to God rather than to my Bishop or the Church. Every December I take 10% of my increase and throw it up in the air to give it to God and whatever he doesn't want falls down to the ground and then I donate what's left over to USU Athletics. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Socrates2121

F**k BYU

Post by Socrates2121 » December 6th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Nvm

Bulls On Parade

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 6th, 2018, 4:03 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, your tithing is probably going somewhere else. I would imagine only a small part of total tithing goes to BYU, maybe 5%? And probably 5% of that actually goes to athletics? idk, I'm making stuff up here, but that seems reasonable to me. Maybe nothing goes to BYU athletics. They have that MLM money that the honest, hard-working citizens of the world could only dream of. Additionally, I am still holding out hope that athletics at BYU gets shut down in the future. Independence and less success in football is certainly making it easier.

As far as the game, I think we win that one in Provo 5/10. 6/10 in SLC. 8/10 in Logan. They got hot out the gate and our guys weren't prepared and didn't bring that same fire they've brought the first 8 games of the season. Disappointing, but it happens.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » December 6th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Wait til next year...

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » December 6th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Blitz79 wrote:Wait til next year...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » December 7th, 2018, 7:59 pm

Don't look now cause Weber is next
Please win because my wife has had bragging rights for the last 3years i think
Go Aggies
Please win
She's brutal
Not really

Roll Aggies!!!!

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » December 7th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Boys. Let those weenie spankies get their jollies
Simple. They hit 3s. We blanked on triples
Let’s get after a good Weber team. Quit the “we are in big trouble talk. We will surprise many teams

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 7th, 2018, 10:58 pm

The Mrs. had not watched a game all year until last. She got disgusted and turned it off shortly before half. During the second half the Aggies got within 10 and she turned it back on. BYU immediately went on a run and got it back to 20 when she quit for the night. I told her she was a jinx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic