Musselman's Act

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigSkyAG

Musselman's Act

Post by BigSkyAG » January 3rd, 2019, 6:12 pm

I would love to have a coach with the recruiting prowess of Musselman. But as a public educator for the last 23 years (working specifically with kids who have behavioral and emotional problems), I couldn't decide who he reminded more of last night:
A. a fifteen year old girl who was just informed that she couldn't go to the prom because of grades
or
B. a fourth grader who was just informed that he had lost lunch room privileges for the following week.
It was all there after every call that didn't go his way. The flailing arms, refusing pacification from his peers (assistant coaches), slumped shoulders with the coordinated labored gate back to the bench, and finally, the "whatever" eye roll. If he doesn't end up at UCLA he definitely has a future in drama.

dogie

Re: Musselman's Act

Post by dogie » January 3rd, 2019, 7:33 pm

It could be be fun to see the reception he gets in the Spectrum.

I noticed that Musselman was particularly agitated after the hard but clean screen set be Ben Fakira in the second half. The announcers pointed that out, but no one was clear about what specifically had upset him.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » January 3rd, 2019, 7:53 pm

dogie wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 7:33 pm
It could be be fun to see the reception he gets in the Spectrum.

I noticed that Musselman was particularly agitated after the hard but clean screen set be Ben Fakira in the second half. The announcers pointed that out, but no one was clear about what specifically had upset him.

It looked like he was mad at his player for not calling out the screen.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » January 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm

I agree that he was on his players for that and also a little later another close call and you could hear someone yell Guys, you gotta yell screen. That does not excuse his constant tantrums over ever little thing. He has no idea there’s a specified coaches box area cause I guess the refs are afraid he would throw a fit if they called him for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic