Church ball lineup

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AGGIEinIOWA

Church ball lineup

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 5th, 2019, 10:33 pm

I thought it was interesting that Smith played the all-RM line of Porter, Sam, Miller, Bean, and Taylor for several long stretches tonight. Tbh I was rather skeptical initially and was questioning Smiths logic in that move but I must admit that group did quite well. I think they extended the lead both times they were out together.

I’m not sure how they would hold up against some of the longer and more athletic lineups in the conference, but against a Falcons team that lacks a true center and relies on the 3 ball, that group matched up well. I also thought they moved the ball great on offense and played solid team defense together. It’ll be interesting to see if we ever see that lineup again.
Last edited by AGGIEinIOWA on January 5th, 2019, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USUBlue
13=13

Re: Church ball lineup

Post by USUBlue » January 5th, 2019, 10:39 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 10:33 pm
I thought it was interesting that Smith played the all-RM line of Porter, Sam, Miller, Bean, and Taylor for several long stretches tonight. Tbh I was rather skeptical initially and was questioning Smiths logic in that move but I must admit that group did quite well. I think they extended the lead both times they were out together.

I’m not sure how they would hold up against some of the longer and more athletic lineups in the conference, but against a Falcons team that lacks a true center and relies on the 3 ball, that group matched up well. I also thought they moved the ball great on offense and played solid team defense together. It’ll be interesting to see if we ever see that lineup again.
We wouldn't hold up well at all. And then bring RM Bean off the bench, and we are a more Mormon version of BYU. Just call us BYU North.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 5th, 2019, 10:46 pm

USUBlue wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:

We wouldn't hold up well at all. And then bring RM Bean off the bench, and we are a more Mormon version of BYU. Just call us BYU North.
Like I said, they’d likely be over-matched against a lot of lineups but I did think it was fun to watch their chemistry together. I think typically we would see Queta with that group and then either Taylor or Bean but not both of them together.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 6th, 2019, 12:00 am

USUBlue wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 10:39 pm
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:

That lineup with a JK3 on the floor to run hybrid point with Sam would be quite good IMO, at least offensively. Might miss Queta down low though

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 6th, 2019, 12:03 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 10:46 pm
USUBlue wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:

Like I said, they’d likely be over-matched against a lot of lineups but I did think it was fun to watch their chemistry together. I think typically we would see Queta with that group and then either Taylor or Bean but not both of them together.
Yeah put Queta in for one of Taylor/Bean and I think that's close to our best lineup possible. It'd be nice for JK3 to get his act together, him and Sam sharing the back court would probably be our best 1-2 punch. Porter is decent but limited, think he's better than Ainge at least.

AggieBlueMint

Post by AggieBlueMint » January 8th, 2019, 2:16 pm

The reality is that no line-up at USU could beat any real church-ball team (all the USU players would be injured in the first 5 minutes [coaches included] and the First Ward would win by forfeiture).

Locked Previous topicNext topic