Queta should get the ball more

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usubullzone
Posts: 46
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 12:35 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0

Queta should get the ball more

Post by usubullzone » January 10th, 2019, 8:49 am

He went 6-6 against Fresno last night and then went 5-5 against air force. When he gets the ball he goes to work and puts points on the board. Whether it's passing it out to the guards to shoot or dunking on his opponents. He is open a lot of the time on the pick and role. Against Houston he got the ball once if he would have gotten the ball more it would have been closer than it was. When he gets the ball we are more likely to win.

He got the ball in the Air Force game and we won, I know we didn't win against Fresno but he go the ball and we only lost by one. :noidea:



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by USUBlue » January 10th, 2019, 10:10 am

usubullzone wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 8:49 am
He went 6-6 against Fresno last night and then went 5-5 against air force. When he gets the ball he goes to work and puts points on the board. Whether it's passing it out to the guards to shoot or dunking on his opponents. He is open a lot of the time on the pick and role. Against Houston he got the ball once if he would have gotten the ball more it would have been closer than it was. When he gets the ball we are more likely to win.

He got the ball in the Air Force game and we won, I know we didn't win against Fresno but he go the ball and we only lost by one. :noidea:
Sometimes Queta is posted up a little too far away from the basket. So, feed it to him; let him kick it back out and reset his feet a few feet closer to the basket and re-feed. Then Queta needs to go to work -- Note: make sure Queta develops a jump hook left and right handed during the off season. It would be unstoppable.

For a better understanding of the above -- I recommend watching Semi-Pro with Will Ferrell on feeding the post. :) Of course I also recommend Semi-Pro for how to choreograph halftime shows and how to promote big-games.
Last edited by USUBlue on January 10th, 2019, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2471
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 181 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by ChicAggie » January 10th, 2019, 10:12 am

Sometimes it seems like Aggie ball-handlers are reluctant to make the entry pass even when Queta has the defender sealed off, as though they're afraid it will be stolen. There were 3 or 4 times in last night's game where I thought the entry pass was there, but the Aggie ball-handler decided to swing the ball around the perimeter instead. Definitely need to figure out a way to get Queta the ball in the post more regularly.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
newhouse9
Posts: 2162
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 2:58 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by newhouse9 » January 10th, 2019, 10:12 am

I have seen this too...I don't think I've seen a post reset all season. Play the post game...he's a great weapon.



dirtnsnow
Posts: 199
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by dirtnsnow » January 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

I feel like we've only scratched the surface with him. I've seen some very Hakeem Olajuwon-esque moves that I have loved. One in particular last night in the second half he did a little dream shake where he faked toward the center of the court and spun back the other way for a wide open layup. The defender didn't stand a chance. Would love to see more of that.


Aggies All the Way!

aggieup15
Posts: 60
Joined: January 4th, 2019, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by aggieup15 » January 10th, 2019, 10:20 am

ChicAggie wrote:Sometimes it seems like Aggie ball-handlers are reluctant to make the entry pass even when Queta has the defender sealed off, as though they're afraid it will be stolen. There were 3 or 4 times in last night's game where I thought the entry pass was there, but the Aggie ball-handler decided to swing the ball around the perimeter instead. Definitely need to figure out a way to get Queta the ball in the post more regularly.
Ya, I noticed this as well. One time the pass from Taylor went too far and resulted in a turnover. It seems they have plays to try and do it, but the passers are too late in getting him that look. Hopefully we figure out how to pass him more efficiently, it’s awesome to see him work down there with ease


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 863
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by scotlandog » January 10th, 2019, 10:33 am

I think Bean has been the most consistent and efficient post entry passer I see on the court. He quickly make the decision to pass and gets it right where Queta wants it. I like seeing Bean and Queta on the floor together in stretches. It becomes a more post focused game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1583
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by aggiesdotcom » January 10th, 2019, 10:52 am

That entire second half we should have put 4 players on the corners and posted up Queta isolation with #32 in foul trouble or whoever else was on him. That is where the game was lost. Queta should be getting 15 shots per game and developing his post. The guy has so much potential to be a dominant college player.



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1219
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by Jjoey53 » January 10th, 2019, 11:29 am

Queta is a huge talent. Some of the problem getting him the ball in the post is he is on the bench with foul issues. Last night and against AF fouls were not an issue. For a point guard to get him the ball, one must have point guards capable of getting him the ball on a consistent basis.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



hickaggie
Posts: 2737
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Queta should get the ball more

Post by hickaggie » January 10th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:29 am
Queta is a huge talent. Some of the problem getting him the ball in the post is he is on the bench with foul issues. Last night and against AF fouls were not an issue. For a point guard to get him the ball, one must have point guards capable of getting him the ball on a consistent basis.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It doesn't even need to be the point guard. The guys on the wing just need to get him the entry pass the moment he flashes open. Several times he looked in great position to catch it over the top of the guy fronting him and the passer hesitated just too long.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic