Will the magic be back tonight?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
WAaggieFan

Re: Will the magic be back tonight?

Post by WAaggieFan » January 31st, 2019, 5:35 pm

I know I’m in the minority, but I quite like the chair colors. I think they make the Aggie blue pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggieaz

Post by aggieaz » January 31st, 2019, 6:03 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 5:35 pm
I know I’m in the minority, but I quite like the chair colors. I think they make the Aggie blue pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, it's a item of differentiation that makes us unqiue and memorable.

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » January 31st, 2019, 9:55 pm

100% agree! It may not be super aesthetically pleasing, but I would never change it if it was my choice.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » February 1st, 2019, 8:04 am

I thought it was a good idea to have the student section wear the seat colored shirts just like the season ticket holders and general community have been doing for the past several years. It's like the Tim Duryea game day shirt.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post (total 3):
freakboyNVAggietreesap32

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » February 1st, 2019, 9:23 am

TrueAggieman wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 8:39 am
I love the Spectrum Magic game, and the students obviously do... I heard people in my classes talking about how they wanted one of the shirts. I think it’s a lot of fun because if we have those unique colors (even if they are ugly), we may as well have fun with them.
Well said. It is different and as you can tell, the students ate it up. It was the most active I've seen the students since our black-out last year.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 1st, 2019, 9:33 am

I wasn't at the game, but it seemed like a good atmosphere. I hope the students continue to show up. I have given up hope for the blue hairs.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » February 1st, 2019, 9:55 am

just an observation, but show me a place where the blue hairs really get into the game! last night the Arizona/arizona st game went into overtime and as the last possession was happening they panned the seats, and guess what the blue hairs were sitting down, the student section was going nuts, bobby hurley was going nuts and dang it they just sat there! what is up with them!!

i'm just saying that i think it happens everywhere.

kofdog

Post by kofdog » February 1st, 2019, 12:53 pm

If a "blue hair" or old person is willing to pay for a seat, make a Big Blue donation and come to the game, I don't think we should criticize them for not standing the whole game. They came, let them be already. The Big Hair stick is getting old cause they aren't going to change.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 1st, 2019, 4:13 pm

tipitup wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 9:55 am
just an observation, but show me a place where the blue hairs really get into the game! last night the Arizona/arizona st game went into overtime and as the last possession was happening they panned the seats, and guess what the blue hairs were sitting down, the student section was going nuts, bobby hurley was going nuts and dang it they just sat there! what is up with them!!

Vivint Smart Home Arena a.k.a. The Delta Center for Utah Jazz games.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » February 1st, 2019, 5:49 pm

tipitup wrote:

Between traveling to other arenas in the conference and observing other fanbases at past MWC tournaments, I feel comfortable saying that every team in the conference with an actual fanbase (i.e. not San Jose State) has blue hairs that are more involved in the games than ours are. And most of them aren't particularly close.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » February 1st, 2019, 7:24 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 5:49 pm
tipitup wrote:

Between traveling to other arenas in the conference and observing other fanbases at past MWC tournaments, I feel comfortable saying that every team in the conference with an actual fanbase (i.e. not San Jose State) has blue hairs that are more involved in the games than ours are. And most of them aren't particularly close.
Yep. No question.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » February 2nd, 2019, 2:34 pm

Game time. Pretty pathetic.

20Trae

Post by 20Trae » February 2nd, 2019, 3:10 pm

The blue hairs did come out the best I've seen them all season. I think I even saw 5 of the stand up when UNLV called a timeout.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » February 2nd, 2019, 3:24 pm

20Trae wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 3:10 pm
The blue hairs did come out the best I've seen them all season. I think I even saw 5 of the stand up when UNLV called a timeout.
True

Donald_Sullivan
Has thanked: 0

Post by Donald_Sullivan » February 2nd, 2019, 4:56 pm

I'm fine with the "blue hairs" taking it easy and not jumping up and down like the student do. I'm not interested in seeing 10 old people hauled out of the Spectrum on stretchers every home game. That would make the games like 6 hours long. 2 hours or so is long enough for me. I'm usually hungry after that and like to have a sandwich.

Locked Previous topicNext topic