The AF Experience

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
918AGG

The AF Experience

Post by 918AGG » February 16th, 2019, 6:26 pm

I had an excellent game day experience today at AF. Parking is free and easy, every seat in the house is a good one (it feels like less of an arena and more of a gym) people were reasonably nice and accommodating (minus a few curmudgeons in front of me), and food is somewhat reasonably priced.

It’s really interesting to watch AF deal with their size limitations in all sports, and I thought that they did an excellent job mitigating Queta’s inside presence today.

I don’t like losing any games, but if we lose, I prefer losing to the flyboys. AF is a real treat to have in-conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
aggies22

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: The AF Experience

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2019, 8:08 pm

They have managed to put together a solid football program over the years. Basketball not so much. Yeah glad they are in our league.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » February 16th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Agreed, always love going to the games at Air Force. I've never been heckled, there isn't a bad seat in the place and you can usually get any seat you want, today was more crowded because it was kids day. I only paid $12 total for tickets for me, my wife and my 4 year old and no parking fee. Easy in and out. Always feel safe. We don't every seem to play as good against Air Force as we should but I'll take a 14-point road win any day.

Someone was saying they took Queta out and I would say he had a monster second half. First half he got in early foul trouble after an Air Force guy threw an elbow into Sam knocking him over and then driving to the basket, where Queta was clearly upset at the no call and fouled the guy. I think Queta got 16 points and 5 boards in the 2nd at one point scoring 8 in a row.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 16th, 2019, 8:47 pm

How did you like hearing a tune from Super Mario Brothers every time they made a free throw. At least it sounded like when you get a coin or complete a level or get a mushroom or flower to suit up or something like that from that game.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » February 16th, 2019, 9:58 pm

The Jazz do the mushroom sind when they make a three. Many arenas do a coin for a made free throw

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » February 16th, 2019, 10:00 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 8:34 pm
Agreed, always love going to the games at Air Force. I've never been heckled, there isn't a bad seat in the place and you can usually get any seat you want, today was more crowded because it was kids day. I only paid $12 total for tickets for me, my wife and my 4 year old and no parking fee. Easy in and out. Always feel safe. We don't every seem to play as good against Air Force as we should but I'll take a 14-point road win any day.

Someone was saying they took Queta out and I would say he had a monster second half. First half he got in early foul trouble after an Air Force guy threw an elbow into Sam knocking him over and then driving to the basket, where Queta was clearly upset at the no call and fouled the guy. I think Queta got 16 points and 5 boards in the 2nd at one point scoring 8 in a row.
I'm surprised to see that Queta had 17 points today. It really felt like Queta was stifled more than the box score shows. It may just be because I was expecting a monster game from him against the relatively short AF cadets.

My only issue with Queta today (I know, he's just a Freshman) was his inability to consistently get back on defense. There were two or three possessions where AF aggressively pushed the ball up court and were able to catch him with his back to the ball. Lavelle Scottie is so good down at the cup with defenders all around him. There were 3-4 possessions where I was sure that Queta was going to get a stop, but Scottie had such great footwork down low that he was able to avoid the defensive pressure.

How many Colorado Aggies are headed to CSU? I think I'm in.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » February 16th, 2019, 11:38 pm

dyedblue wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 9:58 pm
The Jazz do the mushroom sind when they make a three. Many arenas do a coin for a made free throw

Better than the wizards. “Dee Ceee Three!”

Locked Previous topicNext topic