Air Force game

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utaggies

Air Force game

Post by utaggies » February 16th, 2019, 3:06 pm

The last three games Miller has gone 1/6, 1/4, and is 1/7 against AFA. No es bueno.

AggieSquared
Has thanked: 0

Re: Air Force game

Post by AggieSquared » February 16th, 2019, 3:56 pm

He played better this game, however you can feel his hesitation, its palpable. He had a number of clean three point attempts and chose to pass the ball instead. I hope he can pull out of the funk soon!

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 16th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Shooters keep shooting. He just had a long stretch before that where he was scoring in bunches and we won 7 straight...
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
MrBiggle

GUS

Post by GUS » February 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Miller hit more than one against AFA.

AggieSquared
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieSquared » February 16th, 2019, 4:03 pm

So much more hustle this game as compared to Wyoming!

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 16th, 2019, 4:19 pm

GUS wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm
Miller hit more than one against AFA.
I made my post at halftime. He went 2/6 in the second half.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » February 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Dang! I missed this game. Assumed it was later tonight.
These users thanked the author Blitz79 for the post:
sam tingey

cornia27

Post by cornia27 » February 16th, 2019, 5:28 pm

Smith said on post game Miller had been getting over the flu past couple of games. Might explain why he went from being 40% shooter in MW games to struggling the past 3 games

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » February 16th, 2019, 5:56 pm

Hilarious Brock Miller hijinx today... I sat in the belly of the beast at Clune (center court, blue hair alumni section, 7 rows up, nice seats - actually right next to Randy Spetman’s wife).

Anyways, at some point in the first half Miller committed a foul and the Blue Hairs got on to him about his petition to the refs, so I yelled, “hey, be nice to him. He has a medical condition.” They stop and the game moves on...

Second half comes and with a little bit of time left, one of the elderly ladies in front of us turns to my friend and asks, “does he have cancer?”

I guess I didn’t specify the medical condition, and my friend didn’t know the whole story (not an Aggie), so he just kind of left her hanging...

Anyways, fun day! Go Aggies!...And folks with “medical conditions!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Going through a bit of a slump, but he'll get it back. He has the green light as far as I'm concerned.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 16th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Shooters always shoot their way out of a slump. He'll be okay.

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » February 16th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Great team defense - the key to the win.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » February 16th, 2019, 8:56 pm

This team really passed the ball around well, too. On that one play, Porter missed a three pointer, but Diogo Brito was in the right spot, grabbed the rebound, whipped it out to Sam Merrill, who took a couple of steps to the right, faked a drive and then nailed a three from about 30 feet. I have to say Merrill is a true master of his craft. Such a joy to watch.

Brito has really come along. When he plays under control like he did today, he can really help us. He didn't force the ball into any bad spots, and he didn't turn the ball over once that I remembered.

Next question is, "Do they have any other Portuguese brethren that we ought to be recruiting to come here?"
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post:
918AGG

dogie

Post by dogie » February 16th, 2019, 9:47 pm

I’d like to see the Aggies be able to take more than 50% of their shots from within the three-point line against a team like Air Force.

USU was 11-30 from three and 15-26 from two. Queta was 6-8 and Merrill was 2-6 from two. The entire rest of the team was 7-12 from two. The rest of the team took only 12 two-point shots against a small, relatively slow team like Air Force, or once every 3.3 minutes. Miller alone took just as many (12) three-point shots.

I guess I shouldn’t complain about a 14-point road win.

AggieHead

Post by AggieHead » February 18th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Just finished watching the game. A couple of things that stood out to me:
- Why couldn't the announcer say Aggies correctly? Kept saying Aiggies.
- Queta played well when he was on the floor. Fouls kept him on the bench in the first half. Reading the board made me expect he was terrible. He wasn't.
- What happened to Brown? As much of an improvement as Britto has made and we credit the coaching change, Brown has regressed, shouldn't we blame the coaching change? The guy is an out of control turnover machine this year. It's like he's just pressing too hard, needs to just relax out there.
- There were some questionable offensive fouls. One when sam drove in and literally hit the AF guys outstretched arm. Miller had a floater that was called offensive where very little contact was made. Officiating was just off the entire game.
- Sam and Britto played great. Britto's confidence is fun to watch.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » February 18th, 2019, 8:47 pm

AggieHead wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 8:11 pm
- Queta played well when he was on the floor. Fouls kept him on the bench in the first half. Reading the board made me expect he was terrible. He wasn't.
- What happened to Brown? As much of an improvement as Britto has made and we credit the coaching change, Brown has regressed, shouldn't we blame the coaching change? The guy is an out of control turnover machine this year. It's like he's just pressing too hard, needs to just relax out there.
- There were some questionable offensive fouls. One when sam drove in and literally hit the AF guys outstretched arm. Miller had a floater that was called offensive where very little contact was made. Officiating was just off the entire game.
The foul on Miller on the floater drove me nuts. The ref waited to see if he made it before making the call.

Aggies All the Way!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 19th, 2019, 12:20 pm

AggieHead wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 8:11 pm
In my opinion Brown is really struggling with the team first concept that literally EVERYONE ELSE on the team has bought in too. He is absolutely pressing everytime he gets in the game and is clearly having a tough time not playing the Timmy D way.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » February 19th, 2019, 12:31 pm

aggies22 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 12:20 pm
In my opinion Brown is really struggling with the team first concept that literally EVERYONE ELSE on the team has bought in too. He is absolutely pressing everytime he gets in the game and is clearly having a tough time not playing the Timmy D way.
Knight is having similar troubles.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 19th, 2019, 6:30 pm

I remember a radio interview with Brown early in the year where Scotty G was talking about the changes to Brown’s physique and playing style. Brown’s response sounded like he has delusions of playing in the NBA and so these were necessary changes. I wish he’d go back to being a scrapper and bulldog in the post.

Locked Previous topicNext topic