CSU throttles BSU in Boise

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utaggies

CSU throttles BSU in Boise

Post by utaggies » February 27th, 2019, 9:37 pm

The CSU game is going to be very difficult for us. We can afford to lose to Nevada and still hold a glimmer of hope for an NCAA bid. However, we cannot afford to lose to CSU. To do so would result in a second Quadrant 3 loss and would essentially take us out of the running for an at-large berth. CSU’s big, Carvacho, had a monster game against the Broncos. We will need to be hitting on all cylinders to leave Ft. Collins with a win against a CSU team that is currently playing with a lot of confidence.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: CSU throttles BSU in Boise

Post by ProvoAggie » February 27th, 2019, 9:41 pm

It really sucks that so many Mountain West teams that struggled through OOC play are hitting their stride now. This game definitely makes me nervous.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » February 27th, 2019, 9:43 pm

I’ve been worried about our last game for two months now...

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » February 27th, 2019, 9:49 pm

I watched much of the second half, BSU’s defense....awful. CSU was running and making layups. BSU wouldn’t get back on defense. The energy with today’s BSU team vs Saturday’s was striking. It was like they had no belief they could win. I believe we will be fine. The meaningful parts of our game, we take on the road: effort, hustle, defense, team play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 27th, 2019, 10:00 pm

I think we’ll be fine. Saturdays game was exhausting for both USU and Boise with Boise being left with the heartache. I’m done doubting anything this team of ours can do, I believe they’ve earned that much from me.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
bigblue

Aggiesbleedblue

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » February 27th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Don't forget how Queta dominated Carvacho in the first matchup. I think we will be just fine. The one thing tonight's game does mean is that if we end up with the 2 seed, it is looking increasingly likely we will face CSU or Air Force in the quarterfinals.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » February 27th, 2019, 10:07 pm

I’m not worried, these guys are ROAD WARRIORS and they actually play defense.

The “A” will be blue on Tuesday night.

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 27th, 2019, 10:46 pm

The seeding for the tourney looks like it will shake out as follows:
1. Nevada
2. USU
3. SDS
4. Fresno St.
5. UNLV
6. CSU
7. AFA
8. BSU
9. New Mexico
10. Wyoming
11. SJS

So we would play the winner of AFA/Wyoming in the quarterfiles (presumably AFA) and then presumably SDS in the semi-finals.

I would be very happy to face AFA instead of CSU in the tourney.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 28th, 2019, 1:34 am

All the games are tough from here on out, and the margin for error in any game against an opponent not named Nevada is virtually zero.The great thing is, we control our own destiny for the most part.

I think we need to get to at least 25 wins to have any chance of getting in, and I think we’ll get there and at least put ourselves in position to be sweating it out on selection sunday.

I just need to keep reminding myself that even the worst case scenario at this point (the NIT) is so far beyond preseason expectations and would be great too relative to expectations. I mean, it is bonkers we are virtually tied with Nevada for first place in the conference with two games left.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 28th, 2019, 9:36 am

We will go up by 2 after a couple of Sam Merrill free throws and 2.3 seconds left on the clock. On the ensuing in-bounds CSU gets it, dribbles a couple times and throws up a prayer. It somehow hits its mark and all 450 in attendance erupt in cheers while the team wildly celebrates and our team looks down, dejected. However, the officials are gathering at the scorer's table reviewing video. Most of the arena does not notice this, but all of our coaches and players see, as well as a few from CSU, wondering what is going on. After a few confusing minutes the official steps back and talks briefly with each coach. We see the CSU coach grimace and Coach Smith nodding his head. Finally it is revealed that the CSU player that made the supposed game-winning shot stepped out of bounds. The ball is given to us to inbound with 0.7 seconds left on the clock. We inbound it and the game is over. We escape Fort Collins with the W.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 9):
TurtleFulltysteve20AgliciousThunderAggieflying_scotsman2.0newtonianblueJSHarveysam tingey

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » February 28th, 2019, 9:38 am

Nice!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 28th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Certainly will be a tough game like New Mexico and Boise State. We will probably have to have some late game magic like those to win.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » February 28th, 2019, 12:26 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 9:36 am
We will go up by 2 after a couple of Sam Merrill free throws and 2.3 seconds left on the clock. On the ensuing in-bounds CSU gets it, dribbles a couple times and throws up a prayer. It somehow hits its mark and all 450 in attendance erupt in cheers while the team wildly celebrates and our team looks down, dejected. However, the officials are gathering at the scorer's table reviewing video. Most of the arena does not notice this, but all of our coaches and players see, as well as a few from CSU, wondering what is going on. After a few confusing minutes the official steps back and talks briefly with each coach. We see the CSU coach grimace and Coach Smith nodding his head. Finally it is revealed that the CSU player that made the supposed game-winning shot stepped out of bounds. The ball is given to us to inbound with 0.7 seconds left on the clock. We inbound it and the game is over. We escape Fort Collins with the W.
hahaha,

But, Please no

Where only sage brush grows

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » February 28th, 2019, 12:56 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 9:36 am
If this occurs exactly as you have stated, would you be willing to manage my investment portfolio?
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post:
GaryTakeTheWheel

Locked Previous topicNext topic