Has to be one of the greatest weeks of basketball.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggiealum13

Has to be one of the greatest weeks of basketball.

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 2nd, 2019, 9:28 pm

That environment looked unreal from the TV set. Wish I was there. I was so down in the dumps about the program last year. I even wondered if the spectrum magic would ever return. Those doubts have fled.

GUS

Re: Has to be one of the greatest weeks of basketball.

Post by GUS » March 2nd, 2019, 9:51 pm

Question, will Sam Merrill get MWC Player of the week?
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
SpectrumMagic

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 2nd, 2019, 9:51 pm

No Caroline will.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
SpectrumMagicdonlarson8

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 2nd, 2019, 9:59 pm

Lol or Caleb Martin or some other player on another team

dogie

Post by dogie » March 2nd, 2019, 10:09 pm

GUS wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 9:51 pm
Regardless, I'm sure he'll get at least second team all-conference while being just a junior!

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » March 2nd, 2019, 10:15 pm

The CBS Sports crew for the UNLV-BSU game says Sam moved into a favorite position tonight.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » March 2nd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Having seen the spectrum during the Marcus saxson years (96-00 for me), it was way more magic tonight. My 11 year old couldn’t believe the atmosphere nor could I.

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » March 2nd, 2019, 11:15 pm

Does anyone have the CBS feeds of the game we can go back and watch?

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 2nd, 2019, 11:22 pm

SectionBAggie wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:15 pm
The CBS Sports crew for the UNLV-BSU game says Sam moved into a favorite position tonight.
Sam deserves it but I can see him not getting it. Level of disrespect on weekly player of weeks and football players in postseason awards

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:13 am

Aggiealum13 wrote:That environment looked unreal from the TV set. Wish I was there. I was so down in the dumps about the program last year. I even wondered if the spectrum magic would ever return. Those doubts have fled.
I think it was louder Tuesday, but we had a lot more sustained runs of great plays where this was such a whistle fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:27 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:13 am
Aggiealum13 wrote:That environment looked unreal from the TV set. Wish I was there. I was so down in the dumps about the program last year. I even wondered if the spectrum magic would ever return. Those doubts have fled.
I think it was louder Tuesday, but we had a lot more sustained runs of great plays where this was such a whistle fest.

Really? I thought it was louder tonight and I don't think it was even close. My ears never rang on Tuesday. They did tonight.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 12:32 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:27 am
TheAKAggie wrote:

Really? I thought it was louder tonight and I don't think it was even close. My ears never rang on Tuesday. They did tonight.
It sounded louder on tv tonight compared to Tuesday. And it looked like the good old days!

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:10 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Recency bias.

Hail Aggies!

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 1:11 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

It sounded louder on tv tonight compared to Tuesday. And it looked like the good old days!
Fine, I’m not dying on this hill.

Hail Aggies!

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » March 3rd, 2019, 1:23 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

IMO tonight was louder overall, but there was one moment on Tuesday where the place exploded that for me marked the return of “Spectrum Magic”. It was the sequence with around 11 mins left in the half that culminated with the Dwayne Browns dunk and then the offensive foul by SDSU.

Ag4life

Post by Ag4life » March 3rd, 2019, 7:38 am

bigwilly087 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 1:23 am
ProvoAggie wrote:[quote=TheAKAggie post_id=566311 time=<a href="tel:1551597195">1551597195</a> user_id=2022]

IMO tonight was louder overall, but there was one moment on Tuesday where the place exploded that for me marked the return of “Spectrum Magic”. It was the sequence with around 11 mins left in the half that culminated with the Dwayne Browns dunk and then the offensive foul by SDSU.

[/quote]

This. Overall, the crowd was louder last night from start to finish, but that Brown dunk took it to another level where your ears change tone due to the crazy loud sound.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » March 3rd, 2019, 7:51 am

Decibel levels vary drastically depending on where you are sitting in the Spectrum. The loudest thing I've ever heard in my life was when Chaz Spicer hit the three pointer to beat Utah. I've heard others say that the Stavon Williams sequence vs Nevada was louder. I was sitting in a different spot for that game and Spicer's shot was louder to me. It all depends on where you are at.

I'm just glad we are having this conversation and the magic is back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
NAggsty Butler

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 3rd, 2019, 7:53 am

Last night was way louder, but the flow wasn't there because of the horrendous officiating.

Tuesday had the brown dunk / charge moment that was off the charts.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » March 3rd, 2019, 8:01 am

dogie wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:09 pm
GUS wrote:
Regardless, I'm sure he'll get at least second team all-conference while being just a junior!
Agreed, but hopefully 1st team considering he is the 2nd leading scorer in the conference and the Aggies are in 1st place.

dogie

Post by dogie » March 3rd, 2019, 9:51 am

Pacobag wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 8:01 am
dogie wrote:
March 2nd, 2019, 10:09 pm
GUS wrote:
Agreed, but hopefully 1st team considering he is the 2nd leading scorer in the conference and the Aggies are in 1st place.
Exactly. Just like David Woodward should have been first team.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » March 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:32 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Hipster, you didn't go? I had 2 extra tickets you could have had -- come on Twin isn't that far!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:18 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 3rd, 2019, 3:59 pm

USUBlue wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:32 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Hipster, you didn't go? I had 2 extra tickets you could have had -- come on Twin isn't that far!
I was lucky to get home in time just to watch it. My son had the state tournament this weekend.

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 3rd, 2019, 4:03 pm

Ag4life wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 7:38 am
bigwilly087 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:[quote=TheAKAggie post_id=566311 time=<a href="tel:1551597195">1551597195</a> user_id=2022]

This. Overall, the crowd was louder last night from start to finish, but that Brown dunk took it to another level where your ears change tone due to the crazy loud sound.
[/quote]

We wanted SDSU players and fans who watched to understand that The Show has nothing on The Hurd. That was what they witnessed during that stretch Tuesday night.

Locked Previous topicNext topic